Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Dr Who Crack Crossover Drabbles
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
368
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,553

Dr Who Crack Crossover Drabble #4

Summary:

2 military man have a conversation.

Work Text:

Setting: Dusk on an arid planet

The two men stood straight yet at ease. The silence was easy and both had an unflappable air about them. Nothing surprised either of them anymore.

The one on the left had his hands clasped behind him. He nodded to the big metal ring. “So, that’s called a Stargate.”

The other’s hands held his P90 in a relaxed, ready grip. He nodded and answered with a dry, “Yeah.”

“And you use it to travel to different planets,” the first one said in a nonchalant manner, as if they were discussing the weather.

Colonel Jack O’Neill smirked. “Yeah. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?”

Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart’s mustache twitched slightly. “I can just imagine.”

O’Neill tilted his head to the side as his gaze shifted to the blue box sitting a few feet from the Stargate. He copied Lethbridge-Stewart’s inflection. “So, that’s called a TARDIS.”

Lethbridge-Stewart frowned at it. “Yes.”

O’Neill smirked again. “Weirdest space ship I’ve ever seen.”

Lethbridge-Stewart grunted. “Does the job.” He paused and a tiny smile slipped through. “Some of the time. It can be most unreliable.”

They saw the Doctor and Jo come out of the TARDIS. “If that’s the case, how are we going to get home, Doctor? Before you said that…” Jo began.

The Doctor threw a brief glare in Lethbridge-Stewart’s direction. He touched Jo’s shoulder and interrupted, “Keep it down, Jo. You know I shall find a way. I always do.”

O’Neill chuckled and lowered his voice. “Can’t steer it, can he?”

Lethbridge-Stewart rubbed his mustache. “Not always,” he muttered.

“But what about Colonel Carter’s idea?” Jo asked eagerly.

The Doctor made a show of turning his back on Lethbridge-Stewart. He put an arm around her and started leading her down the hill towards the native village. “Perhaps, Jo. Come along. We’d best go find her.”

“Are you sure he’s a genius?” O’Neill asked half-seriously.

“Yes. He also just happens to be eccentric,” Lethbridge-Stewart replied deadpan.

“I can think of another word for it.”

So could Lethbridge-Stewart but he had the discipline not to say so out loud. He nodded to the Stargate again. “I’d be interested to hear more about this Stargate.”

O’Neill grinned. “Well….”

Series this work belongs to: