Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
532
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,441

Stray javelin

Summary:

Fandom: BtVS/Torchwood
Characters: Spike/Jack (cameo for Giles)
Genre: slash baby
Rating/Warnings: PG13 for m/m kissing and because Jack is permanently PG 13.
Summary: Jack mentioned to the Doctor that one of his deaths was by stray javelin and it seemed the perfect one for Spike to help with. Spike has to dig something up after an accident.

Work Text:

 

 

Stray javelin
by Lilithangel



Spike hurried through the graveyard shovel over his shoulder. He found the newly made grave and started digging, pushing aside the memories his actions triggered.

"Idiot," he muttered as he dug, "what the hell were you thinking? What if I hadn't been here? You do not want to dig yourself out of a grave."

It was supposed to have been a pleasant catch up with an old friend but Jack had to go and walk in front of a javelin during a college track meet. It was no surprise the man was hitting on the track coach, Jack always had good taste but sometimes he just didn't pay attention.

It had happened during the day so Spike hadn't even known about it until he overheard the slayer and her friends talking about the handsome man in the military coat who had been killed.

He hadn't dared ask them anything about what had happened in case they got suspicious so Jack had ended up buried before he could get to the morgue. Bloody Sunnydale and their quick burial policy. He couldn't risk the slayer thinking Jack was a vampire either so here he was digging the bloody man out.

The shovel hit wood and Spike hauled the coffin out and used the blade to lever the lid off. Inside a gasping and horrified Jack was beating at the sides of the coffin.

Hauling him out Spike checked the man for injuries and cringed at the scraped knuckles.

"It's alright." He pulled Jack into his arms as his friend shook, "I've got you." He tried not to think about the last time he tended torn knuckles and how badly that had ended.

Do you know what they did with my jacket?" Jack asked shivering badly.

"Here." Spike pulled his own jacket around Jack's shoulders, "yours is back at the crypt with the rest of your gear. You're lucky nobody with a militaria fetish was working the morgue last night."

Jack laughed shakily as he regained his composure. "Got to stop doing that," he said as Spike helped him to his feet.

"You couldn't wait til after the meet to chat up the coach could you?"

"I was just saying hello," Jack said.

"Hello," Spike said kissing him.

Jack tangled his hands in Spike's hair and kissed him back, only wincing slightly at his grazes.

"Let's get you out of here before the slayer thinks I've got a childe and stakes you," Spike said when the kiss ended. "And get you cleaned up and naked so I can say hello properly," Spike added.

"I like the sound of that," Jack said.

Buffy never found the stranger from the dug up grave and nobody asked why Spike was grinning for two days afterwards.

Giles assured her there was no magic involved and didn't mention his own official visit from the Torchwood representative with the infectious smile and the killer kisses.

They did question why he and Spike were humming show tunes and Spike accused Giles of cruel and unusual punishment which only drew a smile from the older man.

Everything went back to normal soon enough, but Giles did contact Torchwood when he returned to London. Professional courtesy and all.

 

END
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint