Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
928
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,245

Guardian

Summary:

Speed is given an important assignment but can he handle it and not break the rules?

Work Text:

~Miami Cemetery~  

Speed watched from a distance as Horatio approached knowing that he couldn’t interfere. He was back here again and he kept returning everyday. Speed shook his head remembering when they had told him that he was to become Horatio’s guardian and the tears that had fallen as he thought about seeing Horatio once again. Then the anger that quickly followed when they quietly told him ‘You must never interfere in his life… but most important he must never see you.’ 

Horatio glanced at Speed’s headstone; it wasn’t what he would've chosen. “I don’t understand…” he whispered sadly shaking his head. “They’re worried about me, love, Alexx and everyone. I seem to have taken your place in Alexx’s eyes because I’ve been getting the mother hen treatment from her for the past few months. I guess that they have the right to be worried I haven’t been doing to well. Alexx came to me today…” Horatio paused smiling “she gave me one hell of a shock love… guess what… she knew about us. Don’t worry she didn’t tell the others; but somehow I think that they know as well.” Horatio looked down “I miss you… the house is so empty without you there. I’ve been sleeping on the couch a lot lately it’s just too difficult too… too go back to our room yet.” Horatio sighed and got up putting down the two roses he’d brought with him one red and one white… love and purity. 

Speed watched Horatio leave with great concern. Walking over to his grave he looked down at the roses then he looked up “Michael, this can’t continue… he’s a good man! If he continues down this road you know as well as I do what will happen!” 

“Timothy, before time can be reset Horatio must decide his course in life… good or bad. Is he a man of justice or not? The truest test of faith always comes from within.” replied Michael “His love and courage come from the soul and heart as well as the love he had for you. It is time for him to decide what path he will follow in life… can he move on without you or not?” 

“I understand…” stated Speed leaving the cemetery. 

~Horatio’s House~  

Speed arrived at what had once been Horatio and his house and quietly observed Horatio as he always did. Speed smiled as Horatio slowly walked around the house looking at things they had purchased together to decorate the house. Then when Horatio pulled out some boxes and started packing some things Speed nodded in agreement and understanding for Horatio was taking the first step towards moving on. 

Horatio carried a box into the kitchen looking a Speed’s cooking utensils he tossed the box out of the kitchen saying “I can use them myself; besides they hold happy memories of when he tried to teach me to cook certain dishes…” laughed Horatio to himself. Walking into the living room he went to the fireplace and looked at the pictures of them together pulling one down he looked at thinking… it was taken of them together down on the beach at sunset “We were so happy…” he whispered laying the picture down. Horatio started thinking about the way he’d been treating Yelina and Ray, Jr., his family. Then he thought about how he been acting around his work family, Alexx, Eric, and Calliegh. As he looked back over the last few months he realized it was time to move on. “I’m so sorry…” 

~Next Day – Miami Cemetery~ 

Horatio sat down next to Speed’s headstone “Speed it’s time for me to let go. I love you… I always will, but I need to move forward… to make sure to what happened to us never happens to someone else. I have always believed in justice, you know that, and I can’t… no I won’t let my anger over losing you destroy that. However just because I’m moving on doesn’t mean I’ll stop coming to see you whenever I need to talk. I mean think about it… you are my speed demon, my only love.” before leaving Horatio left three roses one red, one white, and one yellow… love, purity, and honesty. 

Speed smiled at Horatio as he watched him leave heading for Miami CSI Headquarters and then looked up “He passed?” 

“He did… a path well chosen.” Michael replied. 

“And I can go home now?” inquired Speed. 

“Yes,” replied Michael “but know this neither Horatio or you will remember anything that has happened these past two months for they will not have happened yet.” 

Speed nodded in understanding “But you’re returning me to before the shooting?” he asked. 

“Yes,” stated Michael “that memory you and you alone will retain. We feel that together as a team, Horatio and you, now and in the future will have a great influence on the society of man.”  

~Two months back~  

Speed looked at the jewelry store and remembered laying on the floor covered in blood bleeding to death as Horatio tried to keep him alive after calling for back-up. He also remembered Horatio begging him to stay with him as well as looking lost. Speed quickly turned to Horatio “We have multiple gunmen inside and need back-up quickly. It’s too dangerous for us to handle alone.” 

Horatio looked at Speed puzzled “You sure?” 

Speed nodded. 

Horatio called in for back-up and quickly received it.

Upon entering the jewelry store they were confronted by four gunmen that were quickly over taken. 

Speed looked at him and mouthed “I'll always follow my gut and I just can’t leave you alone!”