Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
269
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
908

The Doctor & The Time Lady

Summary:

Set Season 4. After losing Rose, the Doctor sets out to find a way to lose himself or find comfort. Instead he finds something else - something impossible - a Time Lady - and she happens to look like Rose.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Rose; a name that the Doctor would never forget for the rest of his days. The woman behind the name haunted him throughout time and space. Nothing his did and nowhere he went seemed to make any difference or dent. He had even met a new companion, Martha Jones, for a little while, but it had been short lived because she could sense he would never be over his former companion and she didn’t want to be a replacement for a ghost. So, one day, while he was sleeping, Martha had slipped out of the TARDIS quietly, leaving behind only a short note.

Doctor,

I’m sorry, but I just can’t stay and continue to be a replacement for your Rose. I know I’ll never measure up or ever be her as you so often remind me and yet I find myself falling for you with each passing day. I can’t bear to stay and love you and know that there will never be any hope of any return feelings so I’ve decided to leave before I get my heart totally broken.

Yours forever,

Martha Jones

With that, she was gone.

If he were honest with himself, the Doctor would say it was a good thing, because she couldn’t ever be Rose so why put himself through the hell of having someone around that wasn’t her except that he was afraid of being alone. After Martha, though, he decided to travel alone and try to cross the void to return home – home to the ruins of his dead planet. The void in which he had sent the Daleks and Cybermen.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Gabrielle Channing.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.