Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,283
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,655

Joxer's Secrets II

Summary:

Joxer lets 2 more secrets slip.  Sequel to Joxer's Secrets

Work Text:

Joxer was pacing back and forth in front of Ares’ throne on Mt. Olympus.  “I can’t believe the nerve of him.  And he calls himself the God of War.”  He was mumbling, his tone getting more and more frustrated each time he said it.

 

Breathing in deeply, Joxer marched to the altar where a mirror was leaning.  He didn’t seem to look so bad.  Sure, he was a little bigger than before, but both Ace and Apollo seemed adamant that it was normal.  He was pregnant after all.

 

Although come to think of it, he was having weird cravings at even weirder times.  Like olive stuffed salmon at around midnight, or bread with meat slices and tomatoes with cheese which he thought Strife called pizza.  That couldn’t be helping things.

 

“I can’t believe the nerve of him!  And he calls himself the God of War!”  Joxer repeated, marching back to the throne to sit.  It was Ares’ throne.  There was only one and it was Ares’.  “Of course, I’m just the pregnant one here, I don’t need a throne.”  He mumbled, standing up again to pace.

 

Suddenly, he smiled to himself.  At least there were three people out there he could always count on.  “Umm, Strife, could you come here for a moment?”  He called as sweetly as he could.

 

Before he’d even finished, there was a frog-like poof and the Mischief God appeared.  “What is it Joxa?  Did tha water brake?  Ya got another food craving?  Need me to fetch Unc for ya?”

 

Joxer took a moment to smile.  “No, nothing like that, but thanks Strife.  Actually, Ares said I could go and visit Earth this afternoon but I guess he’s too busy whith his knew war to remember.  Would you mind sending me down there?”  He finished up with his sweetest smile.

 

Strife eyed him a moment, shuffling his feet.  “Are ya sure Ares said that?  He’s usually more protective than that.”  At Joxer’s nod, he conceded.  “Alright, but I’m sending ya to yar bothers.  I know they’d never let anything happen to ya.”

 

Joxer closed his eyes to the flash.  The pregnancy didn’t take too kindly to teleportation, and he had to take a moment to settle his stomach.

 

“Good to see you little brother.”  Joxer let out a small cry and clutched at his heart.  Turning, he was faced with a sheepish looking Jett.

 

“Don’t do that.”  Joxer reprimanded, getting his breath back.  “Gods, you scared me.  Is Jace here too?”

 

“Yea, he’s back at the inn getting us a room and some food.  We figured you wanted to visit when we suddenly landed in the forest.  Mind telling the Gods to warn us first?”  Jett smirked, dragging Joxer out of Ares’ temple and into the busy streets.

 

It didn’t take long to reach their room, but Joxer was out of breath and sat down as soon as he could.  “Joxie, what did I say about exerting chourself?  Eat some fruits, chou need your energy.”  Jace told him as he took a seat on the bed, crossing his arms.

 

Jett took the chair as per usual, his back to the wall.  He didn’t look happy either.

 

Joxer was nibbling on his lower lip, berating himself for forgetting his armour.  He had more confidence when he wore it.  The fact that he couldn’t fit inside right now didn’t matter.  “Do you think I’m annoying?”  He finally spit out.

 

Both Jace and Jett looked horrified at the prospect.  Jace was the first to recover.  “Gods no Joxie.  Why would chou think that?  I’ll admit that chou can be a little… trying, but everyone has their days.  Don’t worry about things like that.  Remember what Pollo said, worry isn’t good for the baby.”  Jace was petting his arm in an attempt to consol him, which, Joxer had to admit, was working.

 

Sighing, he gave a little smile.  “Yea, I suppose so.  It’s just that when Ares said…”  Jett interrupted with a jump to his feet.

 

“Ares, I should have known.”  He whispered to himself, eyes filled with fury.  Neither Jace nor Joxer had time to react before their triplet was out the door.

 

“Lord Ares is the father?”  Jace exclaimed, obviously torn between anger himself and happiness that Joxer had finally gotten the god’s attention.

 

Joxer let out another sigh as he tried to get up.  “Not now Jace, we have to get to Ares’ temple.  Jett is about to do something stupid again.”  The brothers smiled at that comment.  Jett had always been a little too protective of them.

 

By the time they reached the temple, traces of fireballs marred the tapestries and a few statues lay broken.  Ares was sitting comfortably in his seat while Jett was picking himself off the floor.

 

“Ares, you didn’t.”  Joxer called, berating the god.

 

Ares furrowed his eyebrows and stood up.  “Your crazy brother here attacked me because someone forgot to tell him we’re married.”  His voice boomed with annoyance.

 

Jace’s and Jett’s “Married?” remained unheard in the squabble.

 

“Well, I didn’t tell them because I didn’t want them to hurt you.  Just knowing you’re the father upset Jett enough as it is.”  Joxer retorted, walking up the steps to Ares, crossing his arms.

 

Ares pointed at the twins, not bothering to look at them.  “Jett attacked me to try and convince me to marry you, Joxer!  And what are you doing here anyway?  You’re seven months pregnant!  You should be at home where it’s safe!”

 

Joxer turned at marched back to his brothers, mimicking Ares’ voice.  “I’m so sick of him Strife.  He is such an annoyance.”

 

Jett took at step forward, dagger in hand but was stopped short when Jace grabbed his arm.

 

Ares gave a long, suffering sigh.  “I was talking about Hercules.  My half-brother is ruining another one of my plans.”

 

Silence was deafening as all present absorbed the news.  Turning back around, Joxer voice held hope.  “Really?”

 

“Really.”  Ares replied, smiling back.  “Though it can be a little irritating when you ask me to pop you some corn when the corn is out of season, I could never find you annoying.  Now, how about we go home and make up?”

 

Joxer nodded, and distantly heard Jett’s voice behind him.  “Why wasn’t I invited to the wedding?  I swear Jace, if you knew…”  But the end of the threat remained unheard as Joxer lay on the bed beside Ares.

 

Ares propped his head on his hand.  “I believe next time you see them you’re going to have to talk about the wedding.”  He smiled smugly.

 

“I’ll only see them after the kids are born then.  Apollo said I should avoid unneeded stress.”  Joxer told him.

 

Ares eyes bulged out as he jumped to his feet.  The glint in his eyes was bright.  “You mean kids as in more than one?  Joxer!  How long have you known?”

 

“Oh, just sometime along my third month.”  Joxer tried to duck his head.

 

Ares sighed, but the smile was still evident on his face.  “We really need to talk about this habit of yours Jox.  So how many are you talking about here?”

 

Joxer turned to his side and brought the covers up to his neck.  “I think we’ve had enough excitement for the day, don’t you my little care-bear?”

 

“Joxer.”  The name was stretched with warning.

 

“Stife, could you come here for a moment.”  Joxer called out.

 

Strife appeared this time with a flash of little daggers, ready for action.  “What is it Joxa?  Did tha water brake?  You got another food craving?  Need me to tell Unc to be quiet for ya?”

 

Joxer smiled to himself and snuggled deeper in the covers while Ares and Strife conversed.  Strife was the only one who knew all his secrets and because of the boost it gave him when Joxer finally let one out, the young warrior knew Strife wouldn’t say anything to Ares.

 

Life was good.