Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of My Mom, the Colonel
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
250
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,349

Colonel Winchester

Summary:

Series: My Mom, the Colonel
Fandom: Numb3rs
Pairing: None
Rating: FRT
Category: Drama, Gen
Status: Started October 11, 2007
Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask
Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted
Disclaimers: "Numb3rs" and its characters belong to CBS and Mark Gordon Productions. The author makes no profit and no infringement is intended.
Authors Notes: Just a short ficlet. Might become a series it the muse keeps cooperating
Summary: To short. Just read it.
Spoilers: 4X01 Trust Metric
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SlashByTheNumb3rs_2

Work Text:

 

 

Colonel Winchester
by Tayla

He left his father refereeing Charlie and Larry doodling math on a napkin and went back to the hospital. He ran into Megan on her way out and they grabbed a cup of coffee in the cafeteria before he went up to visit Granger.

When he reached the room he was quite shocked to see a woman in an army uniform sitting at Colby's bedside, the birds on her shoulders indicating her rank. She looked up as he entered the room and he curtly motioned for her to follow him out into the hallway. When the were far enough away from the room as to not disturb the sleeping agent he rounded on the woman and barked out, "What's the Army's interest in this case?"

She just raised her eyebrow and held out her hand. "Colonel Winchester, Army CID."

He briefly returned the handshake. "Don Eppes, FBI. Now, what is the Army's interest in my agent?"

"None." She replied.

"Excuse me?"

"The Army has no interest in this case or Agent Granger."

"Then who are you and why are you here?"

She snorted and shook her head in irritation. "You are Agent Granger's superior, correct?"

At his nod she continued "Well, Agent Eppes, I suggest that you read your people's personnel files more closely." And she turned on her heel and marched herself back to Colby's bedside.

It was then that Don remembered in Colby's file listed as next of kin was the name Martina Winchester.

Email: tayla36@aol.com
Authors Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/tayla36/index.html

Series this work belongs to: