Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
802
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,224

Where's Your Daddy?

Summary:

BtVS/Forever Knight
rated t for teen, content may include strong language, violence, and insanity.
main characters: Drusilla, Divia
disclaimer: Drusilla belongs to Joss Whedon & his writing staff, Divia belongs to the writing staff for Forever Knight, and while I'm not certain of their names, mine isn't on the list.
distribution: Twisting, Mental Wanderings, or ask.
notes: after s4 BtVS, after Divia's release for FK.
Submitted through MoonlightFanfic

Work Text:

 

 

 

 

Where's Your Daddy?
by Lucinda
lucindasiverling@hotmail.com




"Why do they all leave me?" Drusilla whispered to Miss Edith. The stars hadn't given her an answer, perhaps her oldest friend could end the mystery.

She frowned at the response that Miss Edith gave her. "What do you mean, I needn't worry about them right now?"

"Who are they?"

Drusilla looked up, puzzled at the voice and the way the stars had started whispering and giggling about the new arrival. Why hadn't she heard the girl's footsteps, or her heartbeat as she came closer?

"My Mummy, and Daddy, and Grandmummy, and my dark Daddy, and then my little birds, and my Angel Daddy, and now my Spike," Dru sighed as she remembered all of them. Her pretty little birds that Spike and Daddy had brought her in London, with their big, frightened eyes and their tattered dresses. The way they'd screamed and whimpered and then just faded away.

The strange girl had golden curls and pale eyes that glittered like the stars. Instead of a pretty dress, she wore dark leather and fabric, and big heavy boots that reminded Dru of Spike's. The girl child looked pretty, and delicate, and rebellious. Exactly the sort that she and Spike had gobbled up a hundred times... But this girl wasn't the same as the others. Her heart was still and silent in her chest, and the stars whispered furiously about her, their voices overlapping too much for Dru to make out their meaning.

"Three daddies?" one pale brow lifted and the girl smirked, "That sounds against several laws of mortals. I like it."

"Oh, my dark daddy turned into my Angel-daddy when he made the nasty gypsies angry, so they were almost the same. But he didn't want to play the sweet games anymore," For a moment, Drusilla let herself remember the games of pain and pleasure that she had played with her sire. "But he doesn't want me anymore."

"Mine never wanted to play those games to begin with," the strange girl moved closer, settling herself on the edge of a picnic table. "He was too caught up in stupid mortal rules."

"Why? Mortals are so fragile, as easily as they break, why should their rules be any stronger?" Dru tilted her head, and finally sorted out a few fragments of the stars' whispers. "Your name is Divia?"

"How did you know that?" The girl moved faster than Drusilla's eyes could follow, and one cool hand held her arm in a grip stronger than steel. "How did you know who I am?"

"The stars are whispering about you. Not to me, but to each other," Dru giggled, and leaned closer to the girl before confiding, "I think the stars are arguing."

"You're crazy," the girl pushed Dru back, pulling her hand away immediately, "As demented as a maenad."

"Your daddy is your darling boy, and he wouldn't play with you..." Dru spun in a circle, enjoying the feeling of her skirt twirling up, flaring out and then falling back to brush her legs, slithering down to tickle her ankles. "He was afraid of the smoke and stone, but then he was afraid of forever... And he wouldn't listen when you became his mummy."

"You hardly sound like your situation is any better," Divia hissed, her teeth becoming sharper.

"Ohhh," Dru held her arms wide, tilting her head back to listen to the stars. "What naughty things they whisper!"

"Who did you eat tonight?" the girl shook her head, and took a step backwards.

"He slipped through your fingers before because you are one and he is one and that counters out, like salt and sugar. One can't hold one that easily," Dru waggled her finger at the older and yet younger girl. "But two can hold one."

"What?" Divia tilted her head, and frowned. "Talk sense or I'll rip out your tongue."

"Two. One to keep his attention and one to grab him from behind. Then you can make him play, and he'll come to like the games. They always do," Drusilla hummed along with the song of the stars, and giggled. "Do you want to start with your Daddy or mine?"

Divia blinked twice, and slowly started to smile. "You may have a good idea there, my little maenad. Why don't we start with yours, and once we know that your insane little plan works, he can help us get mine."

"We can be a splendid family together," Dru smiled, and clapped her hands. "It shall be glorious, and the streets shall run red with the blood of anyone who tries to take our daddies away!"

"I think I like this plan," Divia reached out, catching Drusilla's arm. "Now, lead the way towards your Daddy..."



End FfA: Where's Your Daddy?
lucindasiverling@hotmail.com