Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
696
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,197

Two men walk into a bar

Summary:

Fandom: AtS/Torchwood
Characters: Jack/Angel
Genre: humour
Rating/Warnings: PG for suggestion of m/m relationships.
Special warning: I am pretty sure the muse got into the honey mead on this one. I honestly don't know what he was thinking.
Summary: how would it go if Jack and Angel met? Probably nothing like this... I'm blaming tamingthemuse for this. What else was I going to do with a prompt like ‘straight out of a dead guy's mouth'.

Work Text:

 

 

Two men walk into a bar.
by Lilithangel
abchainey@xtra.co.nz



Two men walk into a bar, one's dead and the other can't die. They immediately check out each others stylish and in no way gay swishy coats and hairstyles.

There is a flicker of recognition from the previous night's pose off on the rooftops of Cardiff where both of them had stood, not brooding, looking over the city.

The dead guy used his most powerful weapon of attraction, the lowered brow and aura-of-dramatic-sorrow but it was instantly countered by the guy who couldn't die's blinding-smile-of-seductionTM.

"Captain Jack Harkness," the man who couldn't die said, "can I buy you a drink?"

"Uh..." said the dead man still stunned by the blinding-smile-of-seductionTM, "sure. I'm Angel."

"That you are," said Captain Jack dramatically flicking his coat aside to perch on a barstool.

Conceding the win on the coat front (he was used to losing on that one since Spike's return anyway) Angel sat down beside him. "No my name is Angel, just Angel," he said.

"Well Angel, just Angel what's your poison?" Captain Jack used his head-tilt-of-doom.

"Whiskey please," Angel said. Unfortunately for Captain Jack Angel had built up an immunity to head tilts after prolonged exposure to Spike so it was wasted.

"What brings you to our fair city Angel, just Angel?" Captain Jack amped up his blinding-smile-of-seductionTM to counter the defence against head tilt.

"It's complicated." Angel used his furrowed-brow-of-deep-personal-despair and the blinding-smile-of-seductionTM was dimmed.

The bartender placed a whiskey in front of Angel and a glass of water in front of Jack. Angel looked at Jack quizzically.

"Have to be prepared doesn't do to take risks," Jack said instantly increasing his attractiveness rating with Angel with his personal-sacrifice-for-duty.

Angel sipped at his whiskey savouring the flavours of the surprisingly good drop and giving Jack a good look at his dramatic profile.

"So what is it you do Captain Jack Harkness?" Angel put down his glass and used his knock-them-dead look of interest.

Jack preened under the power of the gaze but resisted the lure. "I'm in defence. What about yourself?" Not wanting to overuse the blinding-smile-of-seductionTM he turned on the soft-smile-of-interest combined with the shading-of-a-mysterious-history in his eyes.

Already weakened by the blinding-smile-of-seductionTM Angel nearly buckled but rallied and managed a shading-of-a-mysterious-history gaze himself. "Private Investigator."

"And what are you investigating in Cardiff?" Jack added the smirk-of-flirtation sensing weakness.

"It's complicated." Angel was weakening now and Jack could sense victory.

Just then Angel's cell phone went off and Jack's headphone squawked at him.

"Sorry," Angel said struggling to answer his phone.

"I've got to take this," Jack said not really paying attention.

A few terse statements and both struck their own this-could-be-serious pose.

Angel hung up first... well dropped the phone into his pocket anyway, he'd never got the hang of ending calls except with a dramatic flip of the phone case. Sadly this phone didn't have a flip top.

"I'll be there in five," Jack said and turned back to Angel, not having to hang up since the headsets seemed to just know when the conversations were over.

"I've got to go," they both said simultaneously.

"It was very nice to meet you Angel, just Angel," Jack said with a purr and one last use of his blinding-smile-of-seductionTM.

"Likewise." Angel finished with a deep and meaningful gaze-of-regrets as they both swished out of the bar.

Over in a shadowy corner Spike and Owen looked at each other and collapsed into tears of laughter.

"Later on we'll go where we can see the great brood off," Owen said.

"Then we play swaps and compare notes," Spike said.

"So twenty quid says you can't resist the smile either."

"And twenty says he won't be able to resist me."

"You're on. You've got the easy job though. I'm not blond."

"You got glasses? Wear them and put on the slightly nerdy look and you'll be in."

"Straight from the dead guy's mouth..."

"Came the best blow job."

"Fuck yeah. Now teach me that tongue/teeth thing I want to see if it works on him."

 


END
abchainey@xtra.co.nz
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint