Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
580
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,405

A Crazy Day

Summary:

Series: Deleted Scenes 2002-03 season. Inspired by the ep "Couples" (The second episode shown on May 21.)
Disclaimer: These guys don't belong to me. I'm not making any money off them.
any feedback is appreciated

Work Text:

A Crazy Day
by Python
flairswench@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bikertaker2000/Python.html

 

Jack waited up for Lennie to get home. It was one in the morning before Lennie came through the door. Lennie saw him on the couch and gave him a tired smile. "Hey," he said.

Lennie dropped the bag he was carrying on the coffee table and flopped down next to Jack. "Hey." Jack reached out and rubbed the back of his neck.

He sighed. "Thank you."

Jack was happy to please. "You're welcome. Did I hear right? Did you deliver a baby today?"

"Yup. Three murders, a kidnapping, a baby, and a call about a jumper, which turned out to be a fire in Monte Bender's apartment. His infant son was killed, dropped from the window."

"Monte Bender the comedian?"

Lennie nodded. "That's him. We're gonna talk to him tomorrow, get it straight from him what actually happened. And the arson squad will have to get back to us to tell us if the fire was an accident or intentional."

"Sounds like a rough day."

"To put it mildly."

Jack's hands moved to Lennie's shoulders. Jack worked to ease the tension in his lover's tired body. "Your shoulders are all knots," he teased.

"That tends to happen after a day of bringing in drunk suspects, chasing down messages for help written in lipstick on bathroom mirrors, stopping crazy women from running over their husbands with their cars, delivering babies, and chasing suspects through car washes," Lennie answered.

"You ran through a car wash?"

"Yeah. The guy saw us and took off. Our luck, he worked at a car wash and decided to try escaping that way," Lennie said. He chuckled. "The joker slipped and fell. Ed picked him up, we cuffed, and took him to the precinct."

Jack laughed. "We deal with some geniuses on a daily basis don't we?"

"Yeah," Lennie agreed sarcastically. "Einsteins." He let his head fall forward and shut his eyes.

Jack didn't stop the motion of his hands. "You want to go to bed?"

"Yeah, if I can get up again," Lennie answered with a sigh.

Jack stood up and pulled Lennie with him. He rubbed Lennie's arms. "You know what?"

Lennie met Jack's steady gaze, despite feeling that he was going to drop from exhaustion any minute. There was a warmth in Jack's eyes that was reserved only for him. "What?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too. But what brought that on?" Lennie asked.

Jack grinned. "I figured that it would do you good to hear it tonight."

Lennie grinned back. "Well, I'm still tired, but it was great to hear."

Jack grabbed Lennie's hand and was about to lead the way to the bedroom when he noticed the bag on the coffee table. "What's in there?"

"A box of cigars from the baby's father."

"Are they good ones?"

"To be honest, I haven't really had time to look what kind they are."

Jack shrugged. "Oh well. You can look tomorrow."

"Yeah," Lennie said. He was ready to go to bed, with the feeling of Jack beside him as the last thing he would remember as he drifted off.

Jack gave Lennie a slight tug. "Come on."

"Lead the way."

 

The End