Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,732
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
4
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,434

So you think you know me do you?

Summary:

Have you ever wondered what Dr Spencer Reid keeps in that leather satchel? Well so do the guys, and they are about to find out..

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: So you think you know me, do you?

Author + Email: Shewolf >> wolfy_blood_moon@yahoo.com.au

Pairing: none

Rating + Type: R, humor and bad singing.

Beta: Blaxkdragn >> Who is my inspiration, thank you darling.

Disclaimer: This story is mine wholly and solely

Archive: Yes please.. Just ask

Notes: a) My stories can be found >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shewolf_aka_wolfy/

b) Poem from Sablerose..

Summery: Have you ever wondered what Dr Spencer Reid keeps in that leather satchel? Well so do the guys, and they are about to find out..

 

~*~

 

Tell me something, tell me please?

Is this real or just a dream?

Is your hand holding mine or am I,

lost to twilight's time. -- Sablerose ‘07

~*~

The atmosphere on their plane was lull, their case was brutal. The profiling pointed to a young, Caucasian male, but how young they had no idea. Young girls, around 7 years of age were being raped and then pummeled to death, by the time they solved this case, 4 sweet, innocent young girls had died. What made it worse for them was the fact that the unsub, was only 13 years of age, a child himself.

 

Emily Prentiss sighed and re-crossed her long legs; she glanced around the interior and sighed again.

 

Aaron Hotchner looked up, and in a mundane voice said “Sleep” Then went back to his files.

 

JJ; Jennifer Jareau, told her the same thing “You should sleep or at least empty your mind. That case was not our normal case”

 

“When ever is it?” Asked Jason Gideon.

 

“Good point” Murmured Hotch.

 

Emily closed her eyes but for the life of her, she just couldn’t let Mr Sandman take her to slumber-land, so again she sighed and looked around the plane. Her eyes settled onto Dr Spencer Reid.

“I wonder what he’s listening to?” She asked softly, but to no-one in particular.

 

Again Hotch raised his head, shook it slightly and went back to signing his papers.

 

JJ opened one eye and smiled “Probably some classical stuff. Maybe Mozart or Chopin”

 

She was about to say something else but instead opened both eyes at the sound and words that came out of Spencer’s mouth.

 

“Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk.

Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward 'cuz we can't find reverse”.

 

“What the hell was that?” She asked Emily.

 

“Beats me, but it was bad” She laughed. “And getting worse”

 

Spencer continued his singing “Analysis, Mr. Spock It's life Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

 

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow, there's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Jim”

 

All the while his head was bopping back and forward and side to side.

 

“Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk.

Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward, still can't find reverse.

 

Medical update, Dr. McCoy. It's worse than that he's dead Jim, dead Jim, dead Jim;

it's worse than that he's dead Jim, dead Jim, dead.

 

It's life Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

 

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow, there's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Jim.

 

Starship Captain, James T. Kirk: Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill; we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, men”.

 

By now Hotch had put his paper work down, tilted his head to the side and listened to the noise.

 

“It's worse than that he's dead Jim, dead Jim, dead Jim; it's worse than that he's dead Jim, dead Jim, dead.

 

Well, It's life Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain”.

 

With each different character singing, Spencer’s voice changed to suit it.

 

“There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow, there's Klingons on the starboard bow, scrape 'em off, Jim.

 

Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk.

Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward, and things are getting worse!

 

Engine Room, Mr. Scott: Ye canna change the laws of physics, laws of physics, laws of physics; ye canna change the laws of physics, laws of physics, Jim.

 

Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill; we come in peace, shoot to kill; Scotty beam me up!

 

It's worse than that he's dead Jim, dead Jim, dead Jim; it's worse than that, he's dead Jim, dead Jim, dead”.

 

Gideon began to laugh softly “That’s my boy” He smiled warmly.

 

“Well, it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, not as we know it; it's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it, Captain.

 

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow; there's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow ahhhhh!

 

Ye canna change the script Jim. Och, #!& Jimmy.

 

It's worse than that it's physics, Jim.

 

Bridge to engine room, warp factor 9.

 

Och, if I give it any more she'll blow, Cap'n!

 

Star Trekkin' across the universe, On the Starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk.

Star Trekkin' across the universe, Boldly going forward, 'cuz we can't find reverse”.

 

Spencer felt strange as if something was not quite right, he opened his eyes and noticed that he was being watched. “Um, yes? what’s up guys?”

 

“What the hell was that?” JJ inquired.

 

“What, what was?” Spencer asked sheepishly.

 

“That song, I thought you would be into Mozart or something. Not that, I thought I had you down pat”

 

Spencer went very serious “You thought wrong” He watched their faces and then added “Please tell me, what, do you think that I am like?” He asked seriously.

He listened to each of his friends and colleagues’ comments, at some of the remarks he snigger, at others he raised an eyebrow.

 

“May I inquire please?” Emily tenderly asked “What is in your satchel? You always carrying it around with you, and when you are not, it is not far out of your sight”

 

They heard Spencer sigh heavily “If I show you, will that stop your prying into my personal life?”

 

Hotch knew that Emily wanted to know everything and this sometimes annoyed him as well, so he voiced his opinion “Sounds like a good deal to me”

 

Emily thought for a second or two and then agreed “Alright, no more personal questions”

 

Spencer removed his wrap around headphones and flipped open his satchel, as he removed the items and placed them onto the table in front of him, he watched his five colleagues gather around, he also listened to Emily’s un-asked questions.

 

With each item he fondly touched and remembered why he had it in his satchel:

 

A Teddy Bear that his father had given him just before he left and never came back.

A worn copy of Tristan & Isolde that his mother had read to him from and that he now read to her.

An old, musky smelling notebook titled My Journal. It was actually Jack the Ripper’s notebook, of how he killed and disemboweled his victims. It was a manual for all Ripperoligists; it was filled with gory sketchers and blow by blow descriptions.

 

What made JJ raise her eyebrows was a copy of GQ and on the front cover was Spencer.

 

He smiled at her and told her to open to page 27, there over a 5 page spread was Spencer Reid, semi clothed and rather hot looking. “Where’s the photo copier?” She laughed.

 

A small jar of Kopi Luwak coffee, and a box of sugar cubes. Hotch picked up the jar, twisted off the lid and inhaled deeply “Nice”

 

Spencer told him the history of Kopi Luwak coffee “Brits love the brew; it is made from berries that have passed through the digestive system of Indonesian monkeys. Unlucky coffee plantation staff have to search through the dung to gather the bizarre "harvest" of coffee berries, which are said to emerge virtually intact.

Experts reckon the monkey business gives the drink a unique "earthy" taste, which has made it the most expensive and sought-after coffee in the world.

It is in such short supply - just 500 lb of it is harvested a year – that it is virtually impossible to get hold of in the US. Experts say the brew first came to light hundreds of years ago, when explorers sampled it on the Indonesian isles of Java, Sumatra and Sulawesi.

The monkey - known as the Palm Toddy Cat - lives on a diet of alcoholic tree sap and coffee berries.

US-based food and drink critic Chris Rubin said: "Whether it's because the intestinal juices give some special flavor or because it eats only perfectly ripe berries, the Toddy Cat's droppings produce what many say is the world's finest coffee."

Spencer also told them that "It's the best coffee I've ever tasted. It smells musty, but it roasts up real nice”

 

There were also 2 photos; one is of himself, Ethan and a beautiful girl. She was standing in between them and the look on her face was one of unreserved love.

The other was of a tall, dark haired, violet eyed young man. JJ saw the love shine in Spencer’s eyes as he looked at it.

 

Gideon picked up a worn parchment; a drawing of a house and stick figures, he saw the sadness in Spencer’s eyes and did not ask who drew it.

 

The final item looked familiar to all, it was a fuzzy, fluffy, bright fluro pink hair elastic with faeries dangling from it. They knew that it was Penelope Garcia’s; Spencer told them that she had given it to him after his kidnapping incident.

 

“Now you know” He smiled his smile.

 

“Yep and never again will I look at you in the same way” Emily laughed, she leaned over the table and gently placing Spencer’s face between her palms kissed him on the lips.

 

The End

 

 

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author shewolf.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.