Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
206
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,044

Jack

Summary:

Fandom: Torchwood
Characters: Jack with mentions of the other Jack
Rating/Warnings: PG13 for references to m/m relationships. Contains references to Episode 12 Captain Jack Harkness.
Summary: Jack returns to the Dance Hall.

Work Text:

 

Jack
by Lilithangel
abchainey@xtra.co.nz
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint

He only went back to the Dance Hall once before it was pulled down. Sat in the space that no longer looked anything like it did in his 1941 except when he closed his eyes, but it was as close as he could get to the other Jack now.

He didn't even know anymore if it had been real. That night, the dance and the kiss. It felt real but he could never be sure.

When it had been bad, when he was jerked back out of the darkness into life he clung to that perfect moment because nothing had been perfect since.

It had been a perfect night. He could still feel Jack's breath on his cheek how their fingers entwined and the taste of whiskey when they kissed. He didn't want to believe that all of his senses could have been fooled no matter how much he wanted them to be.

There were the photos that hadn't vanished now tucked safely in his wallet already creased from a multitude of folding and unfolding when he feared his memories were false.

In the end maybe it didn't matter.

In the broken emptiness of the dance hall Captain Jack Harkness heard music and danced.

END