Actions

Work Header

Betrayal and Innocents Death

Summary:

This is my 'The wizarding world turn's it's back on Harry Potter' Fanfiction, It might lead to him being put in Azkaban so there's a chance, How will Harry Potter react when the wizarding world turn's it's back on him?

Work Text:

Betrayal and Innocents Death

A Harry Potter Fanfiction

Fanfiction By: Star2000fire

Chapter One: Innocents Death Cry

Part: A

Disclaimer: I don't Own it, It's not Mine, Wish it was, but it's not.

ALL spelling error's are mine.

Warning for this chapter: Swearing. Physical and Emotional Abuse.

Now on with the show..

Harry's Fourth year had ended in pain, pain and hurt, and Nightmare's. Lot's of Nightmare's, Nightmare's that woke him with screams, that woke the whole house up. And had Vernon Dursley, His uncle who was large, and had no neck and beady little eyes, storming into his room, of course after unlocking the door that is, mustn't have the Freak wandering around the house, he might just kill them in their sleep, and slapping him around with a bellowed "Boy what the Bloody hell do you think your doing.." Before he started slapping the under weight, barely fed, and weak boy around.

Harry's ending on fourth year had come with Voldemort being brought back to a body, the death of Cedric Diggery, and the ministry Finely having to admit to the Bastard being back.

But Harry still got sent to his Loving aunt and uncle's. and if anything, their treatment of him had been, pretty okay. they seemed determined to ignore him. as if he wasn't really there, and Harry was quite pleased to let them do so, if it ment he didn't have to deal with them he'd take the blessing. though he still occasionally got nasty looks, and muttered Killer, and Murderer. The word's hurt, tore him up but he made himself ignore them.

but what was really worrying him, was he'd had no Owl's from Ron or Hermione, and they'd all promised to write.
But they hadn't.not at all. Then near midnight, four or five weeks from the start of school all summer he'd had no contact, and worry had built upon worry.
What if Voldemart had gotten them, or death eater's?
What if something else had happened, and the worry had just built and built.
and still no letter, and then midnight on that night one had come.
From Neville, of all people. and Harry had to work to keep the surprise off of his face.

Harry,
I know this isn't the best news to be sending by owl, but you Really need to
be on guard, I didn't want you to find this all out when you got to the
platform, you know having it all blow up in your face. when I know, and
even Ginny knows, that you didn't kill Cedric, you wouldn't Do that, it's just
not you.
But the Daily Prohpet's been Printing things like, That your ether Crazy,
Going Crazy, Working for the Dark Lord, or going Dark yourself because
of Cedric's death, Their speculating on if you Did it to show the dark lord
your support, or something. Please Harry you have to believe me I don't
believe them, but Ginny says stuffs been really tense at her house, and
she's not allowed to write you, talk to you at all in school and the like. it
seems the whole Weasley clan is up in arm's about something or other.
Mrs.Weasley is angry about something and forbid Ginny from writing you,
talking to you or even being alone in a Room with you.

For a moment Harry stopped reading, his eyes not really understanding at all what they where reading.
What had he done? he had thought they where on good terms at the end of the Train ride, had even promised to write each other. so then what was going on, and why on earth would the Daily Prophet be writing that trash about him. then he saw why as he continued the story.

Harry, Reeta Skeeter is the new daily prophet leading article writer, and she's having a field day with what happened on the last task at the Tri-Wizard Tournament.
Even Hermonie is starting to agree, she's come up with a bunch of Proof points or something, and was trying to get me to agree with her. I didn't of course because I know perfectly well that you would Never ever kill someone, well maybe Voldemort but I figure if everyone keeps pushing you that direction then it's Their doing not your own, your just doing what everyone's been telling you to do since you joined the Wizarding world.
I gotta go now, but I'll send another ow with answers if you want to send a letter back with Hedwig, for some reason she showed up here, I'm assuming she was sent to ether Ron or Hermonie but she showed up here injured that's why she's not been back for a week.

Harry almost cursed at that. and put the scroll down, null talked a lot more in letters then he did in real life. maybe it was because he was given time to write out his responses? he brushed the concern away. "Hey girl.." he murmured and moved to where she'd settled on her stand. "Are you all right, I just got to Neville telling me you got hurt.." the snowy white owl gave a soft hoot almost a comforting and forgiving sound. as if saying it was all right, that she was all right and under stood. Harry ran a hand along her head and gently down her feathers an almost comforting motion. he didn't' know what he'd do if he lost Hedwig, she was one of the few things in his life that he knew, just Knew would never ever abandon him.
as if hearing his thought's Hedwig gave another soft hoot, even she knew not to make to loud a noise because of uncle Vernon.

Anyways, you at least know me and Ginny will be with you through all of this, Right..
So see you on sept. 1st

Niville Longbottom

Harry sighed, and crumpled the paper up before he calmly un crumpled it folded it up and put it into his trunk.
"Great..and Now I wait.." he muttered tiredly.
He could just Tell This year was going to be great.

September First rolled around, and Harry felt that normal increase in Excitement. he'd be going Home soon, to him Hogwart's Was home. and always would be.
It was the one place where he was known, where he was loved. or at least he had thought so anyways.
He had to write Hagrid for a way to get to the station. once there though, he tiredly made his way to the platform but stopped when he heard Molly Weasley's voice up ahead.

"...Now I don't want Any of you talking to that..That boy..You to Ginny I mean it, the boy's will tell me if you disobey me." Harry paused frowning. she couldn't be talking about him, could she?
His question was answered when Ron spoke up. "I'll make sure she stays away from Potter Mum, Promise." at those word's Harry had to swallow down the flash of pain, pain he was becoming used to, this wasn't the normal pain he was used to, that he could take day in day out, this was the type of pain of having someone you'd allowed into your heart, rip it apart on you.
When he heard the Weasley group head onto platform nine and 3/4's, he stood
re adjusting his new back pack. it was one with an expanding charm on the inside, as well as a feather light charm on it that would allow him to fit up to three people in there, with room for up to two more, so it did well to hold all of his books and things. in his hand he had a small trunk, having given up on his larger one, this one as well had an enlargement spell on it's inside, as well as a feather light one, it also held 'three' other compartments, and he had the keys that opened up each compartment in his backpack. he'd decided he'd best be set for Vandalism if things where as bad as he had a feeling they would be. so he'd come prepared. all of them where spelled so they'd only open to His magical signature, he was no longer the innocent boy who'd come here so many year's ago. no now he was wiser, and more jaded. as he walked across the platform, he didn't miss the looks, the whispering, and the word's that he sometimes heard.

"...believe he showed his face.."
"..Doesn't even show remorse.."
"..heard he was mad."
"..Mother says to stay away from him."
"..a danger.."

The whispers followed him all the way to the train and on, he went to a compartment that was empty, which of course was one of the slytherin compartments, muttering swear word's he wondered dimly if he could just, disappear and never show again. but that didn't sit right with him. that was a cowards way out. and he was anything but a cowered.
Settling into the compartment, Harry pulled out one of a dozen or so books he'd bought and begin to read. having become something of a book worm over the summer, after all what else was he going to do when he wasn't doing manual labor for his aunt and uncle, or wasn't allowed out of his room at all?
This was actually an advanced book on Potions, he'd found the subject actually Interesting when he sat down and Read the material. and it cleared up some of his confusion, such as why you poured some ingredient's in and just dropped some other's, why some you let drift in slowly, and only in little amounts and the like. he'd also learned how some potions ingredient's interacted with other's. and it was quite fascinating.
Starting with his first year books he'd reread everything and worked his way up, he was actually Two grades above where he was supposed to be, and into some more explicit books that where bought if you where becoming someone's apprentice.

Advanced Charms, Advanced Dark Art's Spells, and their Counter Curses. as well as herbology, and a few other odds and ends. okay a lot of odds and ends. he'd also gotten several books on Animagi, wanting to become an Animagus, like Sirius Black, His Godfather.

The book he'd pulled out was, surprisingly enough on Potions, flipping to the marked page he forced himself to ignore the voices he could hear out on the Platform.
Soon the Train starting moving and a couple hour's later he heard someone enter the Compartment, and sit down on the seat across from him, Harry forced himself not to look up. after all why should he. a soft cough had his head raising and he blinked. Malfoy? What was He doing in a compartment with Harry, He dimly remembered reading about how Lucius Malfoy had, un believing as it sounded, had turned his back on Lord Voldemort.
Harry should know, considering he'd Been there in his dreams, the Dark Lord had Not been happy.
If anything he'd been Livid. But that wasn't all he'd seen, he'd seen horror's and over the summer, for some reason his link had intensified, not a lot but he could see more, and what he'd seen had made his hate towards Severus Snape, which hadn't even held a candle to that for Voldemort, flicker out. He could know understand Why the man didn't seem to wash his hair. why he was so thin, and a right Bastard. after that dream, Harry had Sworn to himself he'd never be purposely cruel to the man again. as he thought about what he'd seen he felt his stomach heave a little and quickly slide a hand into his bag pulling out a Calming draught that he'd bought at the Herbelist's. Downing it he Blinked. Malfoy hadn't said a word, not once. and that had him slightly worried, no snobbish Comment's no nothing. once his stomach didn't' feel like he'd throw up again, he blinked at the other boy.

"Malfoy." His voice, even to his own ears was soft, and sort of hesitant. then again he hadn't spoken much all summer but for a "Yes Uncle Vernon." and a "No Uncle Vernon." not to mention the "Yes Aunt Petunia." or "No Aunt Petunia." Hell even Dudley Got in on it. He watched the Slytherin out of the corner of his eyes. head half tipped to the side as he considered. then he picked his book back up and buried his nose in it. Refusing to give the other boy a chance to tear into him. ohh no he didn't want to do that. Idle wondered if he should just give in now and get the snarling match out of the way. Naw Why would I wanna do that.. he thought amusedly. lately he'd been finding the oddest things amusing. not that he much cared, it'd give him something to laugh about, instead of crying like he wanted to. they didn't Deserve his tears. They traveled in silence for a few hour's before Draco spoke up.
"How'd your Summer go Potter?"
Harry Considered not responding then. "Same as any other Summer, just a bit.." He paused considering. "Quieter then the rest." which it had, after his chores he was sent to his room, but he hadn't had to lock Hedwig up all night at least, as long as she didn't draw attention, she was allowed out. he'd been forced to give her only a day out a week but that was far better then last time when he'd been forced to keep her locked up.
Just then the sound of the door opening again had Harry's head twisting and he blinked, Ginny Weasley stood in the door way then walked in and sat down next to Harry, Neville right behind her. they both gave him hesitant smile's. "Hey yeah Harry." Ginny said softly after casting several silencing Spells at the door. Harry blinked. "Did you read any of the Prophet's News Report's since you got Neville's letter?" was the blunt question. Harry blinked a couple times th en nodded a bit, sadness filling his eyes. he saw Ginny's Brown eyes narrow. at that. then the young girl sighed. "I'm sorry you had to find out in a letter, but Mum would go totally Spare if she knew I was still even talking to you. the whole family's gone Nut's. I swear.." she muttered. then she glanced at Draco and Harry watched as a slight frown flickered across the youngest Weasley's face. but she didn't' say anything, which was more then Ron could do in the Blonds presence.

Everyone settled in and the compartment went back to being silent, which was, frankly, just fine for Harry.
Gave him time to read, and maybe get even further ahead in his lesson's.
Finely Ginny spoke up again. "Harry, You know I believe in you right?"
Harry looked up putting the Book mark he had inside of his book, then sliding it into the Back pack, his arm going in all the way up to the elbow as he set it down on another pack of books. "Yeah. I know Gin, but if this is gonna get you and Neville in trouble with the house, don't y ou do it again. okay?" The red head's mouth opened set to argue with him and he held a hand up. "Ginny Please I don't want you two getting into the middle of this." he spoke softly, and the brown eyed girl slowly nodded. He glanced at Draco. "You know you've been awfully quite over there."
The blond gave him a Look before he spoke. "I've had nothing to say. is that a problem Potter?"