Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
301
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,310

What Charlie Believes...

Summary:

Written for the Ian Edgerton Group. This is what Charlie thinks about his friends.

Work Text:

  

Charlie adores Amita. She’s brilliant, a worthy disciple to mathematics. And he loves her soul, so innocent and pure.

 

Charlie idolizes Larry. He’s a virtuoso of the mathematics field, Charlie’s mentor, and Charlie’s best friend. He’s also a few pieces of chalk short of a full box, but Charlie loves him anyway.

 

Charlie loves Don. His big brother is brilliant in his own way, can read people and read the bad guys and put the pieces of a puzzle together almost as fast as Charlie can.

 

Charlie admires Megan. She’s brilliant in her own right, and a steadfast friend, someone to have in your corner. She also thinks that Larry is sweet, which makes her a saint in his book.

 

Charlie respects David. Anyone who can put up with Don as a boss and still have a sense of humor ~and~ do well at his job? Well, you can’t ~not~ respect a man who can do it all and still be sane.

 

Charlie liked Colby. He’d liked his smile, and his earnestness at listening when Charlie presented his math. He misses him, and still hasn’t been able to deal with the betrayal of this man who he’d thought was his friend.

~*

Ian stands in the doorway to Charlie’s office, frowning when he sees the shadows in Charlie’s eyes. “Hey,” he says quietly.

 

Charlie trusts Ian Edgerton. He’s a man that’s tough, a formidable man, an expert sniper, but above all, he’s someone Charlie can trust with his pain. “Hey, what are you doing here?”

 

“I heard about Granger,” Ian said simply. And Charlie understands that there isn’t a case, that Don hasn’t called him, but Ian is there for him because he cares.

 

“I’m glad,” Charlie smiles and walks into Ian’s waiting arms.