Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
238
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,546

Alone Again Naturally

Summary:

Series: Only the Lonely
Companion piece. Follows "For All The Lonely People" http://peja1956.livejournal.com/11589.html
Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairing: Jim Ellison/Blair Sandburg
Portrayed by Richard Burgi/Garett Maggart
Rating: G
Status: complete???? Perhaps.....Depends on the backlash
Ficlet dedicated to TPM (WWOMB reviews) requested a sequel to "For All the Lonely people"
List dedication: This story is being written for http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SenseXangstRevisited
Archive: WWOMB and my LJ communities. Anyone else, a simple request is all the payment I require.
Disclaimer: Petfly dissed all over them.....Scifi as well...And I have a terrible habit of taking in strays...dogs...cats....homeless....
Summary: Jim reflects on his time with Blair
PERSONAL NOTE: I am currently *only* updating the WIPs that folks request and answering simple challenges posted to me by the readers. If you have something you'd like me to write you, or a story chapter you'd like to read, email me and let me know

Work Text:

 

Alone Again, Naturally
by PEJA

Jim Ellison stared out the window of his truck, studying the forlorn figure haloed by the loft's lights who stood at the window. Focusing more tightly on the handsome face, Jim could clearly see the trail of tears flowing down Blair's worry-hollowed cheeks. Could taste the tears on his tongue, the salty tingle in his nostrils. Blair's misery was a mercurial attack on his senses. An attack that he bore grimly, with the guilty knowledge that it was him that had burdened those slumped shoulders with grief.

As he watched the despairing man, Blair straightened his shoulders and scrubbed away the tears. The sound of Blair's breathing through his heightened hearing was a shudder that threatened to break his very heart.

He was losing Blair. And it was all his fault. He had no doubt. Unless he did something to stop it. and stop it right now.

Resolve strong in his mind, Jim bolted from the truck and dashed up the stairs. He slammed through the front door, banging it shut in his rush to set things right.

Blair whirled around, his face losing all color and he took a step backward.

"Blair," Jim said, holding his hand out to stop the other man's retreat. "We need to talk."

Blair's eyes begged for more time, then the hope faded and he nodded. "I know"

 

end

 

NEXT UP: KateR has requested a 21 Jumpstreet Doug Penhall/Dennis Booker improv.