Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
540
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,006

At the Ball

Summary:

Fandom/Pairing: The Dresden Files tv!verse, Harry/Bob established relationship
Rating: PG for slashy thoughts but nothing actually happening. PWP also for nothing happening
Warnings: AU, Bob's not dead. Not beta'd. Possibly just babbling on the part of the writer.
Disclaimer: Anything you recognize belongs to someone else.
Notes: Inspired by dream_mender's 'Skull and Key' over at skull_boy_love, again. She had the boys shopping for tailored
clothing. Might I say 'Guh!'?
Summary: Hrothbert establishing a presence.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DresdenFiles_SlashyFantasies

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

At the Ball
by Lurkerlynne

 

Hrothbert picked up a fresh drink from a passing waiter and turned to watch the rest of the room. He spotted a few old... friends, here and there. People he'd known from his days as a ghost.

Some of them were giving him looks, talking in whispers, as they considered his new position among the living and his use to them. He hid a smirk behind his glass at the thought of the game he'd re-entered. His eyes slid over to the near corner; that *they* had re-entered. Harry would never play it well; he was too honest, his emotions played out on his face at all times. But it was part of the reason he was so lovely to look at. And look everyone did, subtle or blatant, they all looked at his Harry.

Harry was a vision in his black tux, the deep vee of the shawl collar contrasting nicely with the crisp white linen of his shirt and making his chest seem broader. The severe cut of the jacket and the deep red and gold brocade vest enhanced his narrow hips. The shirt had studs instead of buttons, and Harry had found a gold and ruby stud to wear in top buttonhole. Hrothbert was delighted with the effect it created, drawing the eye to Harry's long neck and up to his lush mouth. He had convinced Harry to shave, partly by doing it himself, and his face was smooth, making his eyes stand out. When they weren't being concealed by Harry's indecently long and thick lashes.

Lowering his gaze, Hrothbert admired the way Harry's trousers made his legs look longer, like they had taken the scenic route to reach the floor. Leather ankle boots encased Harry's feet; he had developed a soft spot for those. Harry had smallish feet for a man his size, nicely shaped with long toes and fetching ankles.

The only downside was that the tuxedo jacket hid his exquisite ass.

Not that it seemed to slow down his admirers. Harry was currently surrounded by a small bevy of suitors of both genders and all ages. Harry caught his gaze, eyes wide with a silent plea for rescue.

Hrothbert snagged another glass and made his way over to his boy, handing the glass over with a real smile before turning to face Harry's captors. Casually wrapping his arm around Harry's waist, internally reveling in the way Harry leaned into the embrace, Hrothbert joined in the conversation.

He had chosen his attire to complement Harry's; suit a deep blue that looked black in most lights, off-white silk shirt with nephrite buttons, dark blue and silver brocade vest and red tie. A subtle way to stake his claim, reinforced by his actions.

He had *missed* the this, the game the more powerful members of their kind played. Their presence was partly to affirm his new status, and partly to secure a position of strength so he could properly protect Harry from their more predatory members.

It was a relief to finally be able to such things. And after the maneuvering was over for the day, he'd show Harry how much he enjoyed seeing him in the tuxedo he so hated.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Lurkerlynne.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.