Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
207
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,107

His Smile

Summary:

Fandom: AtS
Characters: Spike/various
Genre: character study
Warning/Rating: G mildest suggestion of sexual relations, m/f and m/m.
Summary: in honour of nekid_spike and our first prompts, Spike's smile.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spike_Slash

Work Text:

 

His Smile
by Lilithangel
abchainey@xtra.co.nz
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint

 

 

There was a smile that softened his face, wiped away the anger and defiance and let a bit of the poet out.

It was a smile that very few had seen and even fewer had appreciated.

Dru knew nothing else but that smile. It had been the tears that had drawn her to him, but it was the smile that silenced the stars for just a little while.

Buffy saw it first under a spell and promptly forgot about it. She saw a flicker of it when she first danced in his darkness but it disappeared under her angry words and self hatred. Later it drowned in the guilt they both shared.

Fred saw it more than anyone since Dru. Accepting him, seeing him as worth saving, just being his friend granted her a privilege that made her smile more often as well.

Angelus saw it once when in a moment of weakness he relaxed around the younger vampire and saw not the antagonist his own jealousy had created, not the demon they had formed but the man that Dru had seen and called her dark prince.

Angel still dreamt about that smile sometimes and in the privacy of his dreams came up with ways of seeing it again.

 

END