Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-08-06
Words:
2,647
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
2
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,523

The Most Common Language

Summary:

A lonely linguist meets a passionate Mossad officer, can they find a common language?   aka Daniel meets Ziva.

 

Stargate SG-1/NCIS crossover

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

This is an NCIS/Stargate SG-1 crossover.    Specifically a Daniel Jackson/Ziva David pairing with a hint of Ziva/Tony at the end.  I am perma-stuck in seasons 1-3 of SG-1 so you will find the Jack and Daniel in this story to correlate to that SG-1 timeframe.  The NCIS characters would be based on season 3.  I know this mashing of timeframes might be confusing but it is how I see the characters. 

Chapter Text

This is an NCIS/Stargate SG-1 crossover.    Specifically a Daniel Jackson/Ziva David pairing with a hint of Ziva/Tony at the end.  I am perma-stuck in seasons 1-3 of SG-1 so you will find the Jack and Daniel in this story to correlate to that SG-1 timeframe.  The NCIS characters would be based on season 3.  I know this mashing of timeframes might be confusing but it is how I see the characters. 

-------------------------------  

Three Marines were dead.  Apparently executed at first glance.  What exactly they were doing in the empty warehouse was a mystery.  What was an even bigger mystery was what the papers that each man carried in his pocket meant.  They were filled with bizarre symbols and figuring prominently at the bottom of each was a specific set of seven symbols.    

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs and his team from NCIS were working the crime scene.  And they were all puzzled.

Gibbs and Ziva were standing shoulder to shoulder looking at the papers with the symbols that were carefully protected in an evidence bags.  Ziva spoke a startling number of languages but even she was stumped as to what the symbols meant.  "It looks like it should be familiar, Gibbs, but I don't know what it is.  It's nothing I've ever seen before."

"Some sort of code maybe?" he asked, not really expecting an answer.

"Possibly, it's still oddly familiar.  I'll keep working on it."

----------

The ringing of his cell phone at three a.m. did not bode well for Daniel.  As a matter of fact, nothing good ever came out of his phone ringing in the wee hours of the morning.  Today was no exception.

"Hello?" he mumbled into it, without opening his eyes.

"Wake up Daniel.  We've got a problem.  We've got three dead Marines in Washington carrying papers full of what looks like Gou'ald writing.  You and I are on the next flight out.  Pack a bag, it might be a couple of days."

Daniel's half asleep brain tried to process what Jack said and form a coherent response.  "Do we have any more information than that, Jack?"

"Yeah.  And I've got copies of what they were carrying.  An airman is on the way to pick you up now.   We'll go over all of it on the plane. "

----------

He saw her for the first time as he exited the elevator with Jack their escort, she must have just walked by as it opened.  He caught a faint whiff of sandlewood and spice that made images of desert heat and sand flash before his eyes.  He couldn't see her face but her raven hair was long and thick down her back and she moved with an innate grace.  He saw her turn into a cubicle area and he finally saw her face, she was luminous.  He had not been affected by a woman like this in so long he had almost forgotten what it was like. 

He suddenly realized that he had not been paying attention to the agent escorting them and dragged his attention back to the charismatic NCIS agent walking in front of him with Jack.  Tony DiNozzo was interesting.  He gave Jack the courtesy and respect his rank deserved but wasn't intimidated by it.  Daniel also sensed that behind the humor and disarming charm that there was a sharp mind.  They would have to be very careful around him and the other NCIS agents. 

He found them being led into the same cubicle area that the woman had entered and she stood as they entered. 

----------

Ziva saw Tony lead the Colonel and the other guest into the bullpen and stood to greet them.   The Colonel reminded her vaguely of Gibbs, military to the core.  The other man though, had her complete attention.  He was a tall, solid man.  His sports jacket and shirt with no tie marked him as a civilian. 

Tony introduced Colonel O'Neill and she could almost see a wall go up when he found out she was Mossad.  It was not an uncommon reaction.

When Tony introduced Dr. Daniel Jackson and their eyes met for the first time Ziva almost forgot how to breathe.   She was used to seeing blue eyes, Gibbs glared at her every day with blue eyes.  But Daniel's were different, she could drown in the compassion and curiosity that she found there.  And the face that held those eyes was handsome, incredibly handsome.

Daniel was floored.  He had thought that she was pretty from far away, but up close she was beautiful.  Her features were delicate and her eyes warm and inquisitive.  She smiled warmly at him and Daniel suddenly felt like a schoolboy.  He noticed the Star of David necklace she wore and with his own smile said simply, "Shalom," and extended his hand.

She was momentarily surprised but responded, "Shalom," as she shook his hand.

Tony was no dummy, and he knew attraction when he saw it.  He didn't know how he should feel about that, Ziva was his partner and his friend, but they had an undercurrent all their own.  He put his own feelings aside and tried to get back on topic and asked Daniel, "You speak Hebrew?"

Jack snorted lightly and answered before Daniel could, "That and a couple dozen more."

Ziva looked at Daniel with a questioning raised eyebrow and he replied a little sheepishly, "I'm a linguist."

Tony's cell phone rang and he quickly answered it.  Hanging up he said to the three in front of him, "The Director would like to see us."

----------

Tbc.....feedback appreciated!!