Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,166
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
831

Untitled

Summary:

rated G
chloe/clark
side note-i need a name! someone gimme a name! from now on, it will be called the UCP, until i get a real name. now, feedback be nice, so if i get feedback, u get a new chappie! yeah..that didnt make sense!
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smallville_fanfiction

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Untitled
written by sully vann

 

"Clll-aark! I want to know where we are going and why I have to wear a blindfold!" Chloe whined as Clark maneuvered the car through the dusty back roads of Smallville.

"If I told you, you wouldn’t need a blindfold, and if you didn’t have a blindfold, you might figure out where we’re going!" Clark replied, glancing at Chloe and laughing at her contorted face.

"Very sound reasoning, nice Clark," Chloe teased.

"It could hold up in a court of law," He replied. "Now quit whining, we’re almost there!"

"This better be one heck of a date, Kent."

"I think it will be." Clark said as he stopped the car and ran around to open the door for Chloe.

"Can I take this off now?" Chloe asked excitedly, tugging at her blindfold.

"Not yet!" Clark said, grabbing her arms and wrapping them around her waist, his hands on top of them.

"What are we doing?" Chloe cried, anxious to get the blindfold off.

"You’ll see," Clark smiled as Chloe and himself began floating into the air. Clark concentrated on maneuvering them over towards the platform, while tighting his grip around Chloe.

"Clark Kent! Come on, I want to look, especially if we’re floating!" Chloe cried out, not surprised at Clark floating, only wishing to get a better view of wherever they were.

"Not yet. We’re almost there. You trust me right?" Clark asked, resting his chin on the top of Chloe’s head as they descended onto the platform of old man Chandler’s windmill.

"Completely. But I want this thing off!" Chloe replied.

"Ok," Clark said, untying the knot in the back of the blindfold and stuffing it in his pocket.

"Aww, Clark! A picnic…fifty feet in the air!" Chloe teased him, hugging him.

"Come on, sit down. And don’t worry, my mom cook this, not me."

Chloe grinned, remembering the time Clark had tried to cook for her on their first date.

*

"Chloe! You can’t be here yet!" Clark cried as Chloe opened the screen door.

"I’m here, so obviously I can. What’s the problem?" Chloe asked, smelling something burning. "And what’s on fire?"

"Uhm…I’m not sure. Just go sit in the living room, go watch TV." Clark said, looking at Chloe desperately.

"Sure…" Chloe said as Clark opened the oven and fanned the smoke that poured out.

Chloe flipped through the channels again, sighed, and settled on TLC’s ‘A Wedding Story’. The couple was exchanging their vows when Chloe heard a string of explicates coming from the kitchen. Chloe smiled and nodded her head, getting up and going into the kitchen to find that she couldn’t see anything, the black smoke was too thick. Chloe coughed and felt her way over to the screen door she had come in through, open it wide, and shoved a brick lying on the porch to keep it open.

"Clark? Are you alive?" Chloe called, as the smoke wafted out of the door.

"Alive, but embarrassed," Clark said, sitting on top of the counter as the last of the smoke left the kitchen.

"Want to tell me what that was about?" Chloe asked. "You were cooking, and you obviously can’t cook, so what’s the big occasion?"

"Well, I don’t really need help on that science report. I kinda wanted us to hang out alone. And I was going to cook and make something really…"

"Wait, back the tractor up. You wanted us to hang out alone, like a date?" Chloe prodded.

"Yes, that was the plan. But, my plans kind of…went up and flames." Clark grinned and I grinned back.

"Clark, let’s just order pizza. I’m not really adjusted to the organic-home-grown taste of things yet anyways." Chloe said, grabbing the phone off the wall.

"Works for me," Clark grinned, taking the phone and dialing.

An hour later, Chloe and Clark were dining on pepperoni pizza and talking about anything and everything.

"Clark?" Chloe asked, setting down her piece of pizza.

"Mhhh?" Clark replied with his mouth full, looking up.

"Did you really want to spend time with me, just me?"

Clark swallowed and looked at Chloe, smiling shyly. "I know I’ve messed up and I’m sure you’ve moved on, but I was thinking if we started hanging out more, like we did when we were freshman, some of your old feelings may come back…" Clark looked at me. "But, I guess I was wrong…and I can just help you with your algebra once we’re done…" Clark trailed off, blushing.

"No!’ Chloe cried, causing Clark’s head to snap up and look at her. "Clark, I may not be following you around like a puppy dog anymore, but I’d…I’d like to take a chance with us."

"Chloe, you never followed me around like a puppy dog!"

"Whatever, Kent. Are we dating now or what?" Chloe asked, picking up her pizza again.

"Yeah, I guess we are." Clark grinned, digging into another piece of pizza.

*

"I love it up here." Chloe said as she leaned into Clark and gazed fondly at the Metropolis skyline.

"I knew you’d make it, Chlo." Clark smiled, watching Chloe and following her gaze.

"I’m just an intern, Clark. I don’t even know if I’m going to get a job there after I graduate."

"I know you can do it. Do you remember what I said the first time we came up here?" Clark asked.

"Yeah. We talked about the future. You asked me what I wanted to do after high school, and we talked about metropolis and traveling and what parts of the world we wanted to see. It was one of the best nights of my life, just being with you, alone with you."

"How do I figure into your future?" Clark asked.

"What do you mean? Graduation isn’t until forever from now…" Chloe said, turning around to face Clark.

"I mean…do you want to spend the rest of your life with me?" Clark replied, looking Chloe in the eyes.

"What I really want is for you to tell me where this is all leading."

"Here, stand up for a minute." Clark said, pushing Chloe gently. Chloe gave Clark a weird look and stood up. "Alright, what’s this all about?" Chloe asked as Clark stood up and fished around in his pocket. He pulled out something Chloe couldn’t see and got down on one knee.

"What I meant was," Clark asked, the fading sunlight glinting off the diamond in the bow he was holding. "What I meant was, will you marry me?" Clark asked, blushing and looking up at Chloe.

Chloe grinned and put her hands on her hips. "Clark Kent, you’re going to have to stop blushing so much. We’re gonna have to talk about making babies some day."

"Having…babies?" Clark stammered.

"That was a yes, Clark!" Chloe squealed. "Now, let me see my rock!" Chloe grinned as Clark stood up and took her hand, sliding the ring on her finger.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author sully vann.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.