Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
303
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
9
Hits:
930

Mini Stakes 3: Will Stakes

Summary:

Don and Will go golfing.

Work Text:

Will Stakes—

 

Another round?”  Will groaned.  “Don, this is ridiculous.”

“Ridiculous?”  Don picked up another colored golf ball.  “Ridiculous is getting beat by your five-year-old niece in any game but Candyland.”

Will shook his head.  “It’s not Nena you mind getting beat by, it’s Charlie.”

“Maybe,” Don mumbled.

Will rolled his eyes and got another ball for himself.  “One more round.  Then we’ll go do some real golfing.”

“You say golfing’s dull.”

“Dull is watching you obsess for five minutes before hitting under that windmill.”

“Wasn’t five minutes …” Don said.  “Obsess, huh?”

“Ohh yeah.”

“Just one more round,” Don said and set his orange ball on the rubber starting mat.

“How’s this?”  Will asked.  “One more then we’ll go over to Charlie’s.  Between the two of us, I bet we can trick Charlie into playing Scrabble.”

Will had to laugh at the way Don perked up at that.  It was a good thing the Eppes Brothers usually excelled in separate areas or else there’d be more regular bloodshed.

“Let’s make a bet,” Will said.

“Bets are how I got into this,” Don grumbled.

“If you win, you get to smear your brother in Scrabble.  If I win by more than four strokes, you have to just barely beat him.”

“Dunno,” Don said.  “Gonna be hard to barely beat him.”

Will laughed again.  “Well, you’ll have to try.  And you can’t tell him that you’re trying to barely beat him.”

“But what if I mess up and he wins?  I’ll never live it down.”

Will grinned.  “If such a calamity looks imminent, I’ll call you and pretend I’m the office.”

“Okay,” Don agreed, frowning at his ball which was rolling too slowly to make it over the plastic ramp.

Will shook his head fondly.  “I’m so glad I don’t have a brother.”