Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
204
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,049

Unhooded

Summary:

Red Hood saves Jason Todd.

Work Text:

Unhooded 

 

“Are you sure?” the kid asked him, and Red Hood had to swallow down a lump at the sight of it. Had he ever been that young? That naïve? That…hell, that trusting?

 

Only five minute’s worth of interrogation, and Robin was ready to believe him being from the future. It worked to his advantage, sure, but…

 

“Yeah, Jay; I’m sure,” he said, wishing for even the scant cover of the mask he usually wore under his hood. What must have been in his eyes…

 

Robin set his chin and nodded. “Okay. I’ll tell…him.”

 

“Good.” Jason forced a smile. “Now get back out there; Gotham needs a Robin.”

 

The salute the kid sent him was mocking, like the smile on his face, but he did as ordered. Robin swung away into the night, no doubt boggled about the events of the past half-hour, but happy to be flying once more, in the not-so-friendly skies.

 

Jason stood on the rooftop and watched as his arm disappeared, reminding him of Back to the Future. He knew that once he irrevocably changed his own future he’d start ceasing to exist.

 

That’s why he’d killed the Joker first. Before going to talk to his younger self.