Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
478
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,402

Elf and Safety

Summary:

Tim holds it in and holds it in until…

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognize are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: NCIS gen ficlet

Rating: Everyone

Characters: Jethro, Tim

Series: No

Spoilers: Episodes including and after Witch Hunt specifically, Seasons 1-4 generally

Summary: Tim holds it in and holds it in until…

Archive: Just tell me where it’s going

Additional 'stuff': The ‘elf’ thing’s getting *way* too much attention IMHO. The title’s lame, and nothing to do with the content, but I like it so there!

Title: Elf and safety

Jethro sighed and continued to varnish the boat. Whoever it was, at…he paused, looked at his watch…eleven-fifteen, would either rob him of the few possessions he had upstairs or come down to the basement.

He didn’t have long to wait.

‘Uh…boss? You down here?’

Jethro sighed again. He wondered if Tim would ever work out he was in love with Abby and make his move. But, late on a Friday night, he was definitely *not* ready to listen to Tim muse – at rambling length – on the subject of their on-off relationship. He kept quiet and after a few more seconds the door at the top of the stairs opened and Tim descended, ending up sitting on the staircase.

‘McGee?’

‘Um…boss…there’s something I want to say…I mean ask…I mean…’

‘MCGEE!’ Jethro’s sharp voice coincided with the sound of the varnish tin hitting the table. Jethro kept his temper with difficulty as he watched Tim flinch at the twin sounds. More gently he prompted: ‘What?’

Tim swallowed, wiped his hands on his denim-clad knees and looked across. ‘I want you to stop calling me ‘elf lord’.’

Jethro wasn’t sure whether to be angry or amused. Then he saw Tim’s anguished expression. ‘McGee…’

‘You wouldn’t call Tony ‘Romeo’ or Ziva…’ He couldn’t think of a nickname that would suit her and regretted starting the sentence.

Jethro wiped his hands on the rag beside him and walked over to the staircase. ‘Won’t happen again, Tim.’

Tim looked up as Gibbs walked over, hoping he wasn’t angry enough to fire him and was shocked at the soft apology. He nodded, satisfied. ‘Okay then.’ He stood up and headed up the stairs.

Jethro watched him leave, frowning as he heard the front door close a minute later. He walked across to the shelf and pulled the bourbon down, taking a large sip. ‘Ahh!’

Getting into the car, Tim aimed the key at the ignition. It took several attempts and some deep breaths before he stopped shaking enough to insert it. Taking his phone out of his pocket, he pressed the ‘1’ key on his speed-dial. ‘Abby? Tim…yeah…I’ll be twenty minutes…no, I’m *fine*. I have something to tell you.’

***************************

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.