Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
724
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,051

No More Sorrow Part Three

Summary:

Things finally start to settle down and Ryan reveals something shocking to Aaron.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE FORWARD:

 

fic-tion [fik-shuhn]

-noun

1. the class of literature comprising works of imaginative narration, esp. in prose form.

2. works of this class as novels or short stories: detective fiction.

3. something feigned, invented, or imagined; a made-up story: We've all heard the fiction of her being in delicate health.

4. the act of feigning, inventing, or imagining.

5. an imaginary thing or event, postulated for the purposes of argument or explanation.

6. Law. an allegation that a fact exists that is known not to exist, made by authority of law to bring a case within the operation of a rule of law.

 

Disclaimer: The characters of CSI: Miami are the property of CBS Broadcasting Inc and Alliance-Atlantis Communications. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Warnings: Swearing, Male/Male Relationship! Don’t like, don’t read. Spoilers for Kill Switch, Born to Kill, and Backstabbers!

 

Jodine16: I definitely enjoyed writing this little series. I hope you all enjoyed reading it!

 

 


 

 

 

No More Sorrow

 

 

A few months later

 

Ryan came home carrying bags of Chinese food. He had a silly smile on his face as he unlocked the front door and came in. When he told Aaron he quit from his job as a reporter and was working on being reinstated at CSI, Aaron had done a weird ass happy dance. The officer resented the fact he took the job at all considering, he screwed up blood evidence when he had a camera follow him around for a week. “Hey Aaron, I got your favourite!” Ryan yelled.

 

“Great, movie’s in the DVD Player and the beers are nice and frosty,” Aaron said, coming out of the kitchen. They set up the containers on the living room table and dug in.

 

They were both working on their third beers and second movie when Ryan spoke up. “You know, Alisha and I were planning on breaking up.”

 

If Aaron had been drinking his drink at the time, he would have choked on it. “What?”

 

Ryan turned down the volume on the TV and turned to face his long time friend. After months of counselling hours with Joyce, Ryan had finally cracked and spilled some of the many kept secrets Ryan had, which Joyce insisted he tell Aaron about. “Promise not to say anything until I’m done talking?” Aaron nodded. “A month before The Incident, Alisha and I, well, I guess we just didn’t like each other anymore. Sure, we still loved each other, but it was more like best friend love, you know? Both of us decided we were going to get everyone together to tell them the wedding was off and that we were going to break up.

 

“However, there was one problem. How do you tell all that to a six-year-old? While we tried to figure that out, work became an issue so we just set it aside.” Ryan chewed on his thumb. “Ally, found out about, ah, about my sort of crush on you and that as soon as we broke up she wanted me to tell you. And, I know I’ve said this a hundred times, but I’m sorry I tried to kill myself. I’ll probably be saying that a few more hundred times, before you finally slap me, or something. There that’s all I have to say.”

 

Aaron was shocked, to put it simply. If Alisha hadn’t been killed, he honestly thought they were going to finally get married. To add more to his surprise, Ryan liked him?! Sure, the thought of them together crossed his mind several times, but he never seriously considered it. Aaron couldn’t help but smile when Ryan said he was sorry again. “Yeah, you definitely will. Wow, you definitely caught me off guard. I really thought you two hit it off.”

 

Ryan gave him a half smile. “We did. But like a lot of couples, we just weren’t meant to be. So, um, you, aren’t going to, ah, hit me or anything, are you?”

 

Aaron grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. “Naw, I have a sort of crush on you too.”

 

Ryan turned his hand palm up and laced their fingers together. He leaned his head against Aaron’s shoulder and turned to watch the rest of the movie.

 

 


 

 

Jodine16: It’s shorter than I anticipated, but that’s okay.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jodine16.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.