Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,898
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,353

Leave Out All the Rest Part Two

Summary:

Aaron stops Ryan from completely the ultimate act of selfishness.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE FORWARD:

fic-tion [<b>fik</b>-sh<i>uh</i>n]
-noun
1. the class of literature comprising works of imaginative narration, esp. in prose form.
2. works of this class as novels or short stories: detective fiction.
3. something feigned, invented, or imagined; a made-up story: We've all heard the fiction of her being in delicate health.
4. the act of feigning, inventing, or imagining.
5. an imaginary thing or event, postulated for the purposes of argument or explanation.
6. Law. an allegation that a fact exists that is known not to exist, made by authority of law to bring a case within the operation of a rule of law.

<b>Disclaimer</b>: The characters of CSI: Miami are the property of CBS Broadcasting Inc and Alliance-Atlantis Communications. No copyright infringement is intended.

<b>Warnings</b>: Swearing, <b>Male/Male Relationship in the next chapter!</b> Don’t like, don’t read. <b>Spoilers</b> for Burned!

Jodine16: Haha, I totally loved everyone’s reviews even the flame I received on FF.net! Here’s my response to the flame:

One, spell right!! Two, I know he isn't gay! fanFICTION, look it up and tell me what you find. Three, did you actually read the whole story? Because, I'd be pretty stressed out, depressed, and sucidal if my fiance and daughter died, then my best friend was put in the hospital, THEN a year later, I was fired.

This should be noted to all readers of this fic and others in general: I know Ryan isn't gay or suicidal in the TV series. This is fanfiction. Please look up the word "fiction" before you continue reading any sort of fanfiction.

Also, flames don't hurt me. No, I'm not smoking anything. I just love reading them. I think they're hilarious.

Honestly, reading this flame totally made my day. Thank you Darlene!! I have responses for everyone else, which can be found here (Just take all the spaces out): http://jodine16.livejournal.com/578.html The reason I didn’t update this as soon as I wanted to was I kept hitting writer’s block. Stupid block. Luckily, the third and final part will be posted shortly!

<hr>

<center><u>Leave Out All the Rest</center></u>

Aaron unlocked the front door, yawning tiredly. Vegas had been fun, but he wished Ryan could have come. He would have loved it and possibly had a heart attack at the state of his hotel room. Living with someone who had OCD was, interesting, but also annoying. Aaron wasn’t a slob, he just preferred doing the dishes when there was enough for a full load or when he was expecting company. Going to Vegas let Aaron unwind and be messy without having to worry about being told off.

He set his luggage by the door and headed into the kitchen. He grabbed a glass from the cupboard and got himself some water. When he noticed the envelopes on the table, he walked over to see whom they were for. His face paled and he almost dropped the glass in his hands when he read the recipient names. Setting the glass down, he headed upstairs, checking the rooms for his friend. He found him in his room, sitting on the bed. Ryan, whose eyes were shimmering with unshed tears, seemed to be completely mentally cut off from the world. Aaron’s heart froze when Ryan raised the gun (his gun, in fact) to his head.

“Ryan!” Aaron ran forward and grabbed the gun from his cool hand. He was met with resistance, but he managed to throw the weapon away. He wrapped his arms around Ryan’s waist when he tried to lunge for the gun.

“No, no, let me go, I need it!” Ryan cried struggling against him. “Aaron, please!” Aaron twisted them around and pinned Ryan to the bed, using his full weight to keep the hysterical man there. Ryan continued to curse and fight him until he went still and quiet, save the occasional hiccup and sniffle.

Aaron didn’t let go of him, but did loosen his tight grip on his wrists. “What happened?”

Ryan stared off to the side for a moment, before he finally spoke. “Remember when my dad came over and made us go to that poker game?”

“Few months ago, yeah, why?”

“I owed one of the guys 10 grand,” Ryan said softly. “He-He said I had to pay now or else. There was no way I could pay it, so I went to the casino. Horatio was given footage of me paying my debt. Stetler was all too happy to tell me I was fired.”

Aaron gaped. “Ryan, I’m so sorry.” He got off Ryan and sat next to him. He was surprised when the other man cuddled up to him, clinging to his arm.

“I couldn’t take it anymore, with everything that’s happened; I just wanted it to stop,” Ryan whispered, rubbing his face into the brunet’s sleeve.

“Ryan you know you can talk to me about anything,” Aaron said. “It’s not my place to judge you, I’m your friend, remember?”

“You were in Vegas and I didn’t want to disturb you,” Ryan said.

“I was there for a conference, not vacation,” Aaron chided. He pulled Ryan up so the distraught brunet’s head was resting on his chest. ”Do you know how much it scared me to see you holding <i>my</i> gun to your head?”

“There’s a reason suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness,” Ryan muttered.

“When was the last time you went to see Joyce?” Aaron asked, referring to Ryan’s counsellor. Ryan shrugged. Aaron sat up and reached into his pocket, pulling out his cell phone. “I’m going to have her come over and pay us a visit, okay?”

“And if I don’t want her to?”

“Then I’ll call your mother and then I’ll call Alexx.”

“The greater of two evils, fine.” Ryan got off him and left the room. As soon as Ryan left, Aaron jumped off the bed and searched for his weapon. He found it under Ryan’s dresser. Grabbing it, he stood, and went to his room, where he hid it in his closet. Then, he dialled Joyce’s number.

“Hello, Joyce Reynolds speaking.”

“Joyce, it’s Aaron Jessop, um, are you doing anything right now?”

“Nothing in particular, why?”

“Are you able to take a house call? It’s Ryan.”

“What happened? I haven’t seen him for the last six months.”

“He, ah, tried to kill himself with my gun. I stopped him, but Joyce, I didn’t think he was so depressed, and I didn’t look to see the warning signs and—”

“Aaron! Don’t start blaming yourself. I’ll be over as soon as possible, alright?”

“Okay.”

“And Aaron, don’t leave Ryan alone.”

“Believe me, that won’t happen. Thank you.” He hung up and went to the living room. He found Ryan curled up in the armchair with a mug in his hands. Glancing into the kitchen, Aaron saw the hot chocolate canister in the garbage can. '<i>Ryan must have been pretty upset to go through the whole can in a week,</i>' Aaron thought.

“So, what did you do in Vegas?” Ryan asked.

“I did some sight-seeing,” Aaron said. “I even met up with Dr. Gil Grissom.” Aaron mentally cheered when he saw Ryan perk up a little.

“Really? What’s he like?”

“Quiet, and filled with knowledge. I was late for a presentation because I was so engrossed in what he had to say. I even showed him that paper you wrote on Trace elements.”

“You did? What’d he say?”

“He really liked it. He said the research into it was very well done. In fact, he said he wants to meet you someday to talk to you about it.”

“You’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

“Ryan, would I ever lie to you?”

“You did when you and Alisha took me to Versailles in France for my 29th birthday.”

“Ryan, that doesn’t count because that was a surprise party,” Aaron protested with a smile. They both looked at the front door when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll be in the study,” Ryan said, standing and leaving. Aaron got up and answered the door. A petite blonde with a back pack stood there.

“Hey Joyce,” he said, stepping back.

“How is he?” She asked, taking her shoes off.

“I think he might be repressing, not that I blame him,” Aaron said. “We were talking about my trip to Vegas, before you came. He’s in the study.” Aaron motioned towards the end of the hall.

“Thank you, Aaron, you did good,” She said, reaching up on toes to give him a pat on the cheek before leaving. She entered the room and shut the door.

Aaron sat on the cough with a sigh. He stared at the blank TV screen lost in the whirlwind of thoughts going through his head. He hoped to God that Joyce would be able to help Ryan. He wanted to, but society’s stupid taboos about men having heart-to-heart talks had Ryan shy away from such talks.

He got up and decided to do something with his hands to keep from biting his short nails. He grabbed his duffle bag and suitcase that he left at the door and took them to his room to sort out. Looking at the time after putting most of his clothes in the hamper and his hygiene things in the bathroom, he decided to get started on dinner.

<hr>

He was just draining water from the spaghetti he was cooking, when Ryan and Joyce finally came out of the study. From the puffiness of their eyes, there were definitely tears shed. He set the empty pot aside and held his arms out to his distraught friend. Ryan never hesitated and came forward to accept the hug.

“I better get going. I’ll come over in a couple days, okay?” Joyce said quietly.

Aaron nodded. He mouthed, ‘Thank you’ over Ryan’s head. The stood like that for an undetermined amount of time before Ryan finally pulled away, his cheeks red. “Feel better?” Aaron asked with a kind smile.

Ryan looked down at his shoes shyly. “Yeah, thank, I really needed that,” he said.

“No problem,” Aaron pointed the blob of spaghetti in the sink. “I was thinking spaghetti and meatballs if you want any.”

“I don’t really feel hungry, but I could try, I suppose.”

“Cool, have a seat and I’ll serve you up a dish shortly.” Ryan obeyed and watched Aaron move through the kitchen, as he sat down. Soon Aaron had everything on the table and had their plates loaded. Ryan smiled faintly when Aaron gave him a few drops of sauce and the cheese bowl.

“You know me too well,” he said, piling cheese onto his plate.

“Well, we have been roommates for almost a year,” Aaron said, flashing the brunet a grin.

“Eight months and two weeks,” Ryan automatically corrected him, with a mouth full of noodles. Aaron laughed. Leave it to Ryan to have the precise dates for everything.

As the ate their dinner, Aaron thought that things were going to be looking up, provided of course that Ryan didn’t stop seeing Joyce.

<hr>

Jodine16: Reviews as usual are enjoyed. If a certain someone flames me again, I’ll post them on my site and laugh at you.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jodine16.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.