Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
886
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
3,309

Life Finds a Way

Summary:

Takes place at the end of the day on Gibbs first day back from Mexico. Tony is upset, Gibbs must explain himself. Just a little thing.

Work Text:

                                                  Life Finds a Way  

                                                     By Crow 

my on-line shop: http://www.cafepress.com/1crowsdesigns

****

 Tony sat on his couch in a daze, Gibbs had come back to work for good that day. He had moved Tony’s things back to his old desk and acted like nothing had happened. Tony had played along as best as he could and did his best to make sure everyone else did as well. But he couldn’t ignore the crushing rush in his chest as he sat in his lonely apartment. His thoughts swirling around in his head like the day Gibbs had left the job and left for Mexico. A part of his brain registered the opening and closing of his front door and the approach of the person that had entered. He knew that it was Gibbs and that he had sat down on the couch next to him. Tony was still unable to lift his eyes from where they stared at his hands in his lap and he was unable to acknowledge the presence next to him in any way.

  That is till a hand came into his limited view and lifted his chin till he had no choice but to look into deep blue eyes that fought to hold his own green ones. Then those same green eyes filled with tears unshed for months and a dam broke inside the younger man and he was powerless to stop the on slot of emotions that threatened to overwhelm him. He began to sob quietly as the tears ran down his cheeks and Gibbs wrapped his arms around the beautiful man before him and held him tightly clasped to his chest.

  Tony managed to gain a small amount of control back and lifted his head from were Gibbs had tucked it under his own chin. He sat up just enough to look the ex-marine in the eyes again and he could not help but sniffle before he could speak. 

  “You just left us. You left mm.. m.me. Why?” 

  “Tony.” Gibbs sighed. “I still didn’t remember much when I left. I remembered bits and pieces but I didn’t really remember our team that well and I didn’t remember us at all other than a little at work. Every night while I slept I would see green eyes, beautiful green eyes when I dreamed and then I started to get everything back in little bursts of memory and then Ziva called needing help and I came back to help and when I saw you for the first time everything came back full force.” Gibbs ran the backs of his fingers down Tony’s cheekbone and then gently kissed his lips. “I had to go and straighten things out in my head. All I could think of was you. I couldn’t face you though and didn’t know what to say so I thought that what I did would be the best way to start until we could be alone.”

  Gibbs pulled Tony against him again and the young man melted into the embrace that he’d missed so much. He couldn’t stop the trembling that over took him and the quiet sobs that escaped him.

  “I missed you so much. I thought I’d lost you in that explosion and then you were in that damn coma, I had to run things, everyone kept making it harder, and then I had hope when you woke up. Only to find you couldn’t remember anything and then you just left and I’ve never been so lost but I couldn’t show it cause I had to be strong for the team and continue to lead them. Then I hoped again when you can to help only to be crushed again when you left and now you’re here and I don’t want to hurt anymore.” Tony sobbed and buried his face in Gibbs chest. Gibbs could hear his muffled voice quietly begging. “Please, I’ve missed you so much. Please don’t leave me again. I couldn’t take it again.  Please don’t leave me.”

  Gibbs heart broke at the sobs and pleading and he kissed the top of his loves head and then rested his cheek on the soft hair as he tightened his hold and reassured the man he loved more than life it’s self.

  “I’m never leaving you again Baby. I promise that I won’t ever willingly leave you again. I want to hold you until I take my last breath on this earth and even then Death will have to pry me away and I’ll make him think twice. I swear it! I love you Sweetheart and I will never leave you.”

  Tony snickered at the image of Jethro kicking Death’s ass all over the place. “You’d totally kick Death’s ass, Boss!”

  “For you Baby I’d be happy too.” Gibbs smiled as he brushed away lingering tears from those beautiful emerald eyes and then kiss those luscious lips again.

  “If you don’t take me to bed now I’ll never forgive you.” Tony said looking at the ex-marine through lowered lashes.

  “Can’t have that now can we?” Gibbs said laughing as he pulled his lover up with him as he stood and headed for the bedroom.

  They both laughed as they walked wrapped in each other’s arms once again able to love and feel lighthearted. Tony stopped and with a huge smile on his face closed the bedroom door. Life always finds a way.

                                                                    The End.