Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
642
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
987

Chest Rub

Summary:

DATE: April 1, 2001
Yes to RatB, NickZone, Basement. Anywhere else please ask.
SERIES/SEQUEL: No
RATING: G
SPOILERS: None really - just total silliness
DISCLAIMER: They don't belong to me, I'm just playing with them for a while.
NOTES: Written for the April 2001 Silly story challenge on NickZone.
SUMMARY: There's a cold going round the Shadowy Government Agency, and almost
everyone needs help to breathe.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' OnceAThiefFic. Let me know if you want a new list for this fandom

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Chest Rub
by Aqualegia
Aqualegia@aol.com

 

"At-choo!" Dobrinsky stopped in his tracks as the sneeze overtook him. He blew his nose in a large handkerchief, then pushed open the door into the meeting room, just in time to hear Li Ann say:

"... and rub your chest with Vicks, it'll make you feel a lot better."

"Rub my chest with Vic's? Are you sure?" The Director's cold laden voice queried.

Li Ann nodded. "Yes, I've been doing it for years, and it always makes me feel better."

"Thanks, I'll try it. Now, let's get on with your assignment. In the folder you'll find Liam Forrester's address." She stopped and held a finger under her nose to stave off a sneeze. "In the master bedroom there is a safe, inside which should be some building plans, please take photographs of them and... at-choo... bring... at-choo... them to me."

Li Ann picked up the folder and left, smiling smugly as she heard still more sneezes issuing from Dobrinsky and the Director as she left the room. Her cold had almost gone. In fact she had had the cold first, infecting Victor while they were on stake out. Vic had infected Mac, the Cleaners at their Tuesday poker game, and Nathan. Mac had infected Dobrinsky, who had then passed the cold on to Jackie and the Director.

Dobrinsky, after giving a folder of information to the Director, got some further orders from her, and left to carry them out. Once back in his own office, he put through a call to Mansfield's apartment.

Following Vic's terse instructions on the answering machine to 'Leave a message', he left instructions for the former cop to come to the Agency as soon as possible.

After carrying out the Director's commands, Dobrinsky saw Jackie in the corridor and told about the conversation he had overheard.

She looked at him quizzically, then shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt to try it. It certainly can't make me feel any worse."

She went on her way to the archives, where she was due to meet Mac, and passed on the information while Nathan went to collect some files for her.

Behind the stacks, Nathan nodded sagely. "Not only a Prince of the Illuminati, but a healer as well," he murmured, gratified that his belief in the beautiful man was now being shared by others.

-o0o-

Victor, having completed his part of the mission, drove to the Agency. Dobrinsky met him at the main door, and they did a little dance in the doorway as they both stepped in the same direction, until Vic managed to squeeze past him. The black man stared after him, Li Ann had been right, he could breathe easier.

Jackie accosted him in the hall, pretending to bump into him as he rounded the corner. She too felt better, and stared after him as he went on his way to the briefing room.

Getting Victor cornered by the mail trolley worked for Nathan. Murphy and Camier, seeing their opportunity, also managed to rub their chests with Vic's.

By the time he reached his chair in the meeting room, he was feeling a little aggravated, and when Mac leaned across him to get a file, also managing to rub chests with him, he was totally pissed off with the day. The Director, of course, needed no excuse to drape herself over her favourite agent, and did so immediately she entered the room, furthering Vic's discomfort.

She did indeed feel better, and feeling in a benevolent mood, gave him the rest of the afternoon off.

Leaving before she could change her mind, Vic went home, stopping off at the drug store to get a bottle of aspirin to combat the headache, which had been forming since meeting Dobrinsky at the entrance, and another jar of Vicks vapour rub for his chest.

 

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Aqualegia.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.