Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    DISTRIBUTION: WWOMB. It would be very flattering if anyone else wanted it so ask and you shall receive.
    SPOILERS: The whole show, really ;-}
    RATING: NC-17 occasionally, but PG-13/R for slash content and random violence for the most part.
    FANDOM: Smallville: Clark/Lex
    SUMMARY: The new adventures of an old hero.
    DISCLAIMER: Not mine. DAMN IT! Not mine. DC Comics owns the rights to Superman and the entire DC universe. Unfortunately, I'm a masochist. So, during the writing of this fic I realized the DC universe simply wasn't big enough for me. Oh, no! Consequently, I must declare that I also don't own the entire Marvel universe.
    NOTE#1: This is SLASH. It celebrates romantic and sexual feelings shared by two men. If this offends you then you should not read this.
    NOTE#2: Special thanks to Smallville Transcript Center for providing transcripts for each and every Smallville episode.
    NOTE#3: I took a lot of liberties with this story. I'm going to be introducing original characters and I didn't entirely follow canon. I will be changing a few things in the Smallville storyline, but nothing central to the foundation of the fandom. Most notably, I'll be changing Clark, Lana, Pete and Chloe from freshmen to sophomores. I felt the need to do this for certain plot twists that come later. The Smallville kids are still fifteen at the beginning of the show, becoming sixteen during the school year.
    This story has only one rule concerning the existing Smallville storyline: I will only mention what I change. Therefore, if it isn't mentioned, then it wasn't changed. Easy enough, right? Luckily, there's enough slash subtext in Smallville to suit most of my purposes, at least, in the beginning. Generally, very little will change until the "Reaper" episode, then the gloves come off.
    As you can tell by the title - I'm ripping off the entire Superman universe. Hello, my tag is Catlover and I am a Superman junkie. I have all of the movies on DVD. I've watched every TV show that ever pertained to Superman - Even the badly acted ones, like "Superboy". I have a lot of the original comic books, going back to the 60s. Suffice it to say that all of my past Superman experience is influencing me. So, please, no e-mails saying they did that in issue# 203 or on "Lois and Clark," okay?
    So, on with the fun! Every chapter of my story will start with a song lyric. Therefore, I thought it would be nice to end my introduction with one:
    Every pop song on the radio is suddenly speaking to me,
    Yeah, art may imitate life, but life imitates TV.
    - "Superhero" performed by Ani DiFranco
    Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Makebelieve_YG

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    133,286
    Chapters:
    18/18
    Collections:
    1
    Comments:
    2
    Kudos:
    23
    Bookmarks:
    6
    Hits:
    7,841