Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 6 of The Little Shi—Cat Series
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
614
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,321

Spike the Perfect "Debater"

Summary:

Calleigh and Alexx over hear Eric arguing with Spike, when they come to visit. Part 6 of 12

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters of CSI: Miami are the property of CBS Broadcasting Inc and Alliance-Atlantis Communications. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Warning: Male/Male Relationship! Not your thing, then leave!

 

Jodine16: I’ve been told I’m weird whenever I argue with any of my cats. This takes place a few weeks after Spike the Stoned Kitty.

 

 


 

 

 

Spike, the Perfect “Debater”

 

 

Eric paced in front of the office chair that Spike was sitting on. “Alright, we need to talk.”

 

Spike rolled her eyes, as if to say, 'Here it comes.'

 

“You need to grow up.”

 

Spike raised an eyebrow. 'Me? Looks who’s talking.'

 

“Barfing in my shoes? Real mature, Spike.”

 

'I’m a cat, I can do what I want.'

 

“What?! No, you can’t! If you do, I’ll kick you out.”

 

'Oh that’s really threatening.'

 

“I’ll build a cage in the back yard, and keep you there whenever Ryan’s not around.”

 

'No you won’t.'

 

“Oh really? And what’s stopping me?”

 

'I’ll show my human your stupid contraption and then you won’t be allowed back in the house.'

 

 


 

 

“It was so nice of Ryan to invite us over for dinner,” Calleigh said, as they walked up the steps to the front door.

 

“I hear he makes a mean tequila,” Alexx said.

 

“It explains why wanted me to come along,” Mark*, Alexx’s husband added.

 

“That’s Ryan for ya, always thinking ahead,” Calleigh said, about to hit the doorbell when the door opened to reveal Ryan.

 

Ryan grinned. “Hey, guys, glad you could make it.”

 

He stepped back and let them in.

 

Mark let out a low whistle. “Wow, I wish we could keep our place this clean.”

 

Ryan rubbed the back of his head, blushing. “I’m a bit of a clean freak. So, dinner’s almost ready. I think Eric’s upstairs in the office, if you want to see what he’s up to. Do any of you want anything to drink?”

 

“I’ll have a root beer,” Mark said.

 

“Water,” Alexx said.

 

“If you have a cranberry juice that’d be great,” Calleigh said.

 

Ryan nodded and disappeared into the kitchen. He came back a moment later with their requested drinks. “Make yourselves comfortable. Dinner will be ready in 10 minutes.” He left to tend to tend to the rest of his dinner he was making.

 

“I’m gonna go see what Eric’s up to,” Calleigh said, after sipping her drink.

 

Alexx nodded. “I’ll come with. Mark?”

 

Mark grinned, picking up the remote control. “I’m going stay here and check out his TV.”

 

“Men,” Calleigh and Alexx said at the same time, rolling their eyes. They walked upstairs and that’s when they hear Eric speaking.

 

“God, you’re annoying!....Yeah, and that’s the reason we never had cats in our household....No, that’s dogs.....ya!” Curious, they peered into the office to see......Eric arguing with Ryan’s cat?! “You know what, go away, just shoo!”

 

Calleigh giggled, startling the ranting Cuban. “You know, talking to your cat is a sign of insanity or that you love her.”

 

“I’m not insane,” Eric scowled. “And she’s not my cat and I definitely don't love her.” Spike jumped off the chair and went over to rub herself against Alexx and Calleigh’s legs.

 

“Aw, aren’t you a sweet thing,” Calleigh cooed, picking her up.

 

“Am I the only one who sees her as the psycho cat from hell?!” Eric complained, glowering at the feline.

 

Calleigh grinned. “Cats are special that way. Let’s go see if we can sneak some meat for you.” Calleigh left with a happily purring cat.

 

 


 

 

*I don’t recall hearing Alexx’s husband’s name in any of the Miami episodes, so we’ll pretend his name’s Mark. :)

 

Jodine16: Part 6 of 12 in this silly little series.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jodine16.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.