Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,136
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
26
Bookmarks:
8
Hits:
3,072

Blood Trails

Summary:

Mac and Don hear a crash and run to help Danny but what they find will change all three forever.

 DummmDummmDumm! Lol!

Work Text:

                                                                          Blood Trails

                                                                                By Crow

                 my on-line shop: http://www.cafepress.com/1crowsdesigns

***

  Mac and Don hear a cry and then thumps and crashes coming from the room Danny had gone to check out. They looked at each other and both drew their guns as a whispered “Shit!” comes from Don as they run towards the room.

  As they approached, Don quietly spoke into his radio calling for back up. They burst through the door to see a large man, sooooo not Danny, reaching for a jug of gasoline. When he heard them come in he whipped around with a gun in his hand and started to bring it up to point at the two detectives and they didn’t hesitate to fire at him.

  The man fell slowly to the ground dead before his head hit the ground, four holes in his chest. Each man had double tapped him in the chest over his heart. Don approached slowly, kicked the man’s gun across to Mac, then put his own gun away, and carefully checked for a pulse. He looked up at Mac and shook his head letting him know for sure that it was safe. 

 “Danny.” Mac said as he put his gun away as well.

 Both men began searching the room for their missing co-worker. Mac spotted a blood trail on the floor near one corner by what appeared to be a walk in closet. 

  “Don.” 

 Don turned and came closer not liking the sight of Danny’s blood on the floor. They both drew their guns again and Don gripped the door handle with one hand while covering Mac with the other as the older man nodded his readiness and then Don pulled open the door as widely as possible. Mac whipped around scanning the walk in closet, his gun following his eyes closely around the room. He spotted no more assailants only a body slumped on the floor in the middle of the small room.

  “Oh God Danny!” Don whispered as they moved into the room putting their weapons away and Mac knelt down by the young blonde. 

 He sighed in relief when he was able to find a pulse even if it was weaker then he would like. “Get an ambulance here now!” 

 Slowly and checking for injuries as he went Mac gently turned the young CSI over and saw that the boy had been hit with something over the head and by the bruises already forming he’d been hit  a few more times for good measure on different parts of his body. 

 Mac felt a confusing rage sweep through his body at the sight of the beautiful young man laying unconscious in front of him. He wanted to go out and shoot the man who had done this a few more times and then come back in and cuddle the boy in his arms and never let him go. 

  Mac listened as Don spoke on his phone getting medical and CSI help sent and then as he gave orders to the cops that had heard the first back up call. Then Don turned to Mac and said that the ambulance would be there in five minutes.

  “They’re not gonna be able to do much in there and they won’t be able to get the stretcher in there.” Don said as he moved to squat down on the other side of Danny. He brushed some hairs off the injured man’s forehead and rested his hand on the younger man’s brow in an intimate gesture. He looked up at Mac and smiled in a coy fashion.

  Mac pulled his eyes away with difficulty to look back down at Danny. He didn’t like the thought that Danny might already be involved with Don but the look in Don’s eyes left that impression. He found that he was confused by that. He found that he didn’t want either man to be taken unless he was the one with them. He pushed the confusing thoughts out of his mind Danny needed help and had to be the focus of his mind right now.

  “Help me. Hold his neck straight and I’ll lift him and we’ll take him out into the bedroom. Just keep his neck and head as straight as possible so nothing gets damaged further.” Mac said gathering the blonde up in his arms gently as Don did as he was asked. 

  Mac slowly stood with his precious burden in his arms loving the feel of this wonderful body in his arms just wishing that the reasons for him carrying the boy were good instead of him being hurt.

  Several hours later Mac and Don sat in Danny’s hospital room waiting for the younger man to wake up. Stella, Sheldon and Lindsey were finishing up the crime scene and were going to stop in to see Danny when they were done. 

 “He’s always been in love with you.” Don said quietly. He sat holding Danny’s left hand as Mac sat on Danny’s right side. Mac looked up at Don in surprise but didn’t say anything. “He and I both have. We also love each other. We’ve been together for four months. I asked him if he wanted to approach you about being with us but he has always been so afraid.” 

 “Afraid of what?” Mac asked. He found that that was the most important question to him at the moment. 

 “You. He figured you might go for me or me and someone else you found attractive. He thought that you would never be attracted to him. He thinks he’s too much of a screw up for you to ever care about him.” 

 Their eyes locked over the still form in the bed and Mac couldn’t find it in himself to break the gaze.

 “But that’s not true is it? You love him don’t you? I’ve seen you watch him; I’ve seen you standing in the halls at the lab watching him. He’s the only one other than Stella that can make you really laugh. I’ve seen the way your eyes light up when he shows up and when he pulls one of his theories out of the air. You’ve loved him for some time haven’t you?” 

 Mac studied Don quietly for a few minutes. He was not one to lie or hide when he’d been confronted. He wasn’t going to start now, not when he stood to gain so much. He knew this was a chance for him to be happy again. He, finally, was ready to find love again and he wasn’t going to be a fool and walk away from that chance now.

  “I have loved you both for a long time.” 

 He watched as Don’s breath caught in his chest. He hadn’t expected to be included. He had seen Mac’s attraction for Danny but had missed it for himself.

  They talked quietly for a while about their hopes and what they wanted. Danny began to stir and they both quieted and stood both taking a hand and standing looking down at the precious man that both vowed to love and take care of. As Danny’s eye’s fluttered open, he was surprised to feel both his hands being held. He was more surprised to see not only Don but also Mac there.

  Mac was holding his hand! Don he knew would be but Mac? What was happening?

  “Hey baby. We were afraid you were going to sleep all day on us.” Don said leaning down and placing a soft kiss to Danny’s lips.

  Danny was shocked that Don would say that word and kiss him in front of Mac. He turned frightened eyes to his boss waiting for the outrage or shock. All he saw was affection, and what else was that little flicker in Mac’s eyes? No, it couldn’t be, he must have a nasty concussion, he couldn’t have seen love in Mac’s eyes not aimed at him. 

 “I think Don and I are going to have to take very good care of you when we get you home little one.” Mac bent and captured the blonde’s lips in a possessing kiss, a claiming kiss.

   “Am I in a coma or somthin’?” Danny said looking between the two older men. His confusion almost palatable.  

 “No little one. Don and I have been talking and we have admitted some things that we’ve been needing to talk about for a while now. Like how we both love you and each other. We are going to take care of you together. I love you Danny. I love Don too. I know you both love each other and me. When you are better, I want you both to come live with me. For now, we are going to help you recover from these injuries and we’ll take things easy and let you adjust.” Mac brushed hair from the furrowed brow and smiled down at his young soon to be lover.

  “You love me? I get that you could love Donny, but, you love me?” Danny said with doubt in his eyes. 

 “I love you, Danny Messer. You are as disserving of my love as Don and I want you both in my life and bed.” Mac said firmly. He would tell the boy over and over as many times as it took to sink in. He knew the shit the boy had been through growing up and he knew that Danny didn’t truly think himself worthy of any ones love. It didn’t help that he had Mac on a bit of a pedestal.

   Several months later.

 Danny stood in the kitchen cooking dinner for them as Don sat filling out some paperwork at the table. They were talking quietly when Mac came in loosening his tie and dropping it on the table as he leaned down and placed a kiss on Don’s lips.

 He then stepped up and wrapped his arms around Danny from behind, kissing his neck and nibbling the tender flesh his lover offered up to him by arching his head to the side. 

 “How are you little one? I didn’t get to see you all day. That damn case had Don and me all over the city. I missed my little blonde angel.” Mac said into the younger man’s neck taking a small bite to make a little mark on that tasty body. 

 Danny smiled as he continued to stir the food. He loved the fact that Mac was so loving and possessive that he missed Danny and Don if he didn’t get to see them several times during the day. He loved the little pet names Mac was always coming up with though most often he called Danny little one.

  “I had a really good day. Me and Stel got the guy that killed the Maters girl. After four days, that case is finally closed and the dirt bag is goin’ to jail.” He snuggled back into Mac’s firm body more as he talked and felt the arms tighten around him and hummed his pleasure.

  Don and Mac both knew that Danny needed a lot of physical contact and that it was a side effect of his lack of affection, especially physical affection from his childhood, neither minded giving him the attention as they both loved touching him and showering him with affection anyway. They were just as demonstrative with each other and he was with them.

  “How about you turn off the stove and we all go show each other how much we missed each other in the bedroom?” Don asked coming over and leaning against the counter running his fingers down Danny’s cheek. Mac made an agreeing sound to show his approval of that idea as he continued to nuzzle the beautiful neck he was devouring. 

  “No. I am hungry and have just slaved over this meal. You two horn dogs are not wrecking another meal. Go! Don clean up your papers and Mac wash up then you can both set the table.”

 He swatted at both them with the hand towel that had been on the counter. Both men grumbled good-naturedly but moved to do as ordered.

 As Mac went to the doorway, he said over his shoulder. “Fine, we’ll eat, but then you are ours little one! We are going to keep you up for quite a while tonight. We will keep you busy all weekend, baby, so make sure you eat enough to keep your strength up. You’ll need it.” Mac and Don shared an evil and lusty look after both saw the anticipation shiver run through the slender body of their lover.

  As Mac walked to the bathroom to wash up he couldn’t help but think of how good his life was. It had all started with a blood trail leading to a walk in closet. 

 THE END.