Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Fandom: JAG, if you squint really hard
    Pairing: OCs, Jack Matheson/Jenny McDermott, Jack Matheson/Sophia Matheson, Jack Matheson/Jill Matheson, William Matheson/Theo Bascopolis, implied
    Rating: FRM (fan-rated mature)
    Disclaimer: Bradenhurst belongs to Bellisario, but everything else in this story, as well as the characters, are mine.
    Status: new/complete
    Date: 4/17/07
    Series/Sequel: This is part 18 in the Soundbyte series, and follows The Light in Your Eyes.
    Summary: Jack Matheson's reaction to the news that his son is gay.
    Warnings: m/m implied, m/f, original characters
    Notes: The way to handle a gay son… "… is to love him, simply love him, merely love him, love him, love him." The title is a riff off the Lerner and Lowe song How to Handle a Woman from their musical, Camelot. ~~~~ indicates a break in time. The towns, businesses, and schools on Long Island are real, and no disrespect is meant to any of them. However, while there is no bar called the Sinn Fein – it is my own invention – the stories told there are true; only the names of the men they happened to have been changed. J Needless to say, the Management does not advocate underage drinking or drinking and driving. Thanks to Tim Mead for the information about the cost of living in a fraternity. I figured sororities would have something similar. The black Lab is in memory of Blackout. The name Jad-bal-Ja is taken from the Edgar Rice Burroughs' Tarzan novel, The Golden Lion. Boston has a Responsible Pit Bull Ownership ordinance, but it didn't go into effect until June 23, 2004 , which would have been after the incident with General Custer. Many thanks, as always, to Gail, without a doubt the world's best beta.
    Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CompleteKingdomOfSlash  and http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/AUFic  

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    55,723
    Chapters:
    3/4
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    21
    Hits:
    2,501