Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
229
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
933

Sunset

Summary:

RATING: G
CLASSIFICATION: Just a little character interaction.
SUMMARY: Cordelia and a grown-up Connor talk.
SPOILERS: Set in season three A:tS.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
PREVIOUS PARTS/ARCHIVED AT: http://www.envy.nu/allthepain/index.html  
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. Various friends of mine are holding characters hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not, but I prefer offlist since I have quite a few lists on No Mail.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Finally I'm back...sort of. I can't write much at the moment, but this is my answer to YGTS? challenge #261.
THANK YOUS: To all my fellow writers at YGTS?, who welcomed me back with open arms.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' All-About-Cordy mailing list. Please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AllAboutCordy

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

 

Sunset
by Ragna

 

"So, this is Los Angeles at sunset?"

Cordelia nodded, looking around the city from on top of the Hyperion. "Be happy you didn't grow up here, Connor. You'd be a really different person."

"I wouldn't be so angry?"

Cordelia paused. "No, you'd probably still be angry, but for different reasons. You'd show it in different ways. You'd be a little more normal, but never completely normal." She smiled over at him. "Being normal's overrated, though. Like Manolo Blahnik shoes. They were such a big deal when Carrie wore them, and now..."

Connor touched her arm. "You're losing me."

"Shoes, 'Sex and the City,' fashion..." Cordelia stopped and faced Connor. "I keep forgetting that you didn't grow up here."

Connor grinned at her. "I kind of like that." He looked into her eyes and added, "I kind of like you, too." And with that, he leaned in for a kiss.

"Whoa there, boy," Cordelia said, putting a hand between the two of them. "Not going to happen. Your father...my boss...besides, you just aren't my type."

"And I suppose *he* is?" Connor asked archly.

"He who?"

"My father."

Cordelia blushed and looked away. "Look, let's not talk about this right now, okay? We're missing a beautiful sunset." Cordelia looked back to Connor, but he was gone.

"Damn. Please don't let me have done something stupid..."

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.