Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 8 of Short Charlie/Colby fics
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
201
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
24
Hits:
1,568

Falling

Summary:

Charlie has to choose.

Work Text:

Falling--

They were falling. Charlie’s net had broken, the numbers fraying apart. There was a flaw in his equations and he couldn’t reweave it fast enough and they were falling.

Don’s face was pale, his mouth a round ‘O’, reaching out but the numbers fled from his hands.

Colby screamed silently, his eyes wide, his fingers grasping. Remains of the net fell around him, tatters of Charlie’s flawed work, too weak to hold.

Only enough numbers for one more equation, and Charlie wove them into a rope and tossed it. Don caught the rope and held on. Colby fell, fell into darkness, his face white with terror.

Charlie woke up sobbing, and Colby’s arms were instantly around him.

“I’m sorry,” Charlie sobbed. “I’m sorry.”

“Shh,” Colby soothed. “It was just a dream.”

Charlie turned his face to Colby’s shoulder. “There was only one rope,” he sobbed. “My numbers were bad and you and Don were falling.”

“Shh,” Colby whispered, rocking him.

“I chose Don,” Charlie said with a moan, “I had to choose and I chose Don. There was only one rope. You fell.”

“I understand, angel. He’s your brother. But I promise,” Colby said firmly. “We’ll never make you choose.”

Series this work belongs to: