Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
320
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,016

The One Girl In All The World

Summary:

What if Stephanie Brown was a Potential? What if the spell to call all Potentials happened when she was fighting Black Mask?

Work Text:

The One Girl In All The World   

 

Steph knew she was going to die. Black Mask was bad news, on the level of the Joker, only not as insane, which made him deadlier.

 

And he wanted her dead.

 

Whimpering as his hands clenched around her upper arms, no doubt causing bruises to form under her Spoiler suit, Steph almost didn’t notice that his grip didn’t hurt as much as it should have.

 

Almost.

 

Suddenly, a vision filled Stephanie’s head, a vision of a savage woman battling demonic beings with unnatural strength. Battling, and winning, because her strength was greater than theirs. And Steph knew, in her heart, that that strength was now hers.

 

A roundhouse right to his face caused Black Mask’s head to snap back almost too far, so Steph went easy on the kick to his gut. It still knocked the wind out of him, and him onto his back, a pathetic wheezing filling the air. Black Mask glared at her, and raised his gun to aim at her; Steph spun and kicked it out of his grasp. She kneeled over his chest, and before he could even blink, let alone get any ideas, Spoiler fisted her hands in his shirt and banged his head into the ground until his eyes went swirly.

 

Before Black Mask even started his bid towards coherency, Steph grabbed the zip-strips Tim had given her back when he was Robin – all her Robin-stuff had been confiscated – and she still had a chance to be accepted by Batman, and tied him up.

 

The city was in chaos, and it was all her fault. Part of her wanted to just lie down and cry; another part wanted to run as far away as she could before her deceit was discovered.

 

But mostly, she wanted to make things right. And now…now Stephanie Brown had the power to fix her mistakes.

 

The Power of the Slayer.