Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Short Don/Will fics
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
596
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,264

Bunny

Summary:

Don loses a bet.

Work Text:

Bunny--

“A bet’s a bet,” Will called.

“I don’t believe this!” Don’s voice was muffled by the bathroom door.

“I would have followed through if I’d lost,” Will said, smiling and sitting on the bed. He set his hunting cap and unloaded shotgun next to him.

Don continued to gripe. “The Bruins blown out by the Panthers? That’s just not right. You rigged it somehow.”

Will chuckled. “If I could fix NHL games, do you think I’d be living in this little house?”

“But, but …” Don said, “Couldn’t you have picked something … cooler?”

Will grinned in anticipation. “Now, what would be the fun in that?”

“You’re enjoying this way too much,” Don grumbled.

“Come on, now,” Will said. “The party starts in five minutes and it’s across town.”

“I could just put this when we get there.”

“No, no,” Will said. “You get to drive across town in it too.”

There were more grumbles from the other side of the bathroom door then the sounds of someone getting into an awkward costume.

“Hey,” Don said. “It’s got a flap under the tail like those old-fashioned pajamas, so you don’t have to take it off to use the toilet.”

Or to do other things… “Do you need a hand with the zipper?” Will called.

“No, no, I got it.” There was a heavy sigh and one last attempt at negotiation. “I’ll do the dishes for a month and clean the–“

“No,” Will said firmly. “You aren’t getting out of this.”

Another heavy sigh and the bathroom door opened. Will didn’t bother to hide his delighted laugh. Don stood there, looking very embarrassed, dressed in a head-to-toe fuzzy pink bunny suit, complete with white floppy feet and foot-tall bunny ears.

I was right, Will thought to himself. He does look sexy in anything. He was tempted to skip the party but he wasn’t going to give up the chance to humiliate his lover and best friend. He had no doubt that Don would find a way to get back at him.

Will retrieved his hunter’s cap and fitted it on his head. “We’ll go to the party for an hour or so, then we can leave.”

Don nodded in resignation, probably already plotting his revenge.

Will wiggled his eyebrows. “And when we get home, we can play Hunter and Rabbit.”

Don stared at him for a moment, then laughed, “Will, you are so weird.”

Will grinned, knowing he had him now. Will had been called weird all his life, but when Don said it, it wasn’t the usual insult. When Don called him weird, what he was saying was, ‘Okay, that’s something that never would have occurred to me and it’s outside my comfort zone, but I trust you so I’ll willing to try it.’

Will stood up, came over, and ran his hands over Don’s pink plush shoulders. “Have I told you lately that I love you?” Will murmured.

“Dunno,” Don said wryly. “But you can tell me again. Need something to sustain me through the next hours of mortification.”

“I love you,” Will said, kissing him firmly. “Even if I do torture you.”

“I love you too,” Don growled. “Even if you are a bastard.”

Smiling, Will turned back to the bed and picked up his rifle. He looked at Don and felt a shiver of anticipation run through him. “All during the party, I’m going to be thinking about fucking my fluffy pink bunny.”

“So weird,” Don laughed, then to Will’s utter astonishment, put up his hands like paws and gave a playful hop.

Series this work belongs to: