Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Counseling
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
300
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,395

Shards

Summary:

Charlie falls to pieces.

Work Text:

Shards--

Distantly, Charlie felt the shards of china and melted chocolate chips on his bare feet. 

He’s leaving me, he’s leaving--  The melting point of chocolate is slightly below the average human body temperature.

Charlie swayed and wondered why he didn’t fall.

The momentum of a system of objects is the vector sum of the momenta of all the individual objects in the system.

“No, Charlie, no!” Colby was saying, his hands gripping Charlie’s arms. 

Inertia is the property of an object to remain constant in velocity unless acted upon by an outside force.

“God, you’re white as a sheet!”

That presupposes that sheets are white, whereas sheets are often other colors, therefore the statement is nonsensical.

Colby lifted him into his arms.

Gravity is a weak force that it can be easily overcome by human muscle effort.

He was sitting on the couch without traveling the distance in between.

Sufficient gravity can warp space and bend light.

Colby pressed a glass of water into his hands. 

H20 is two hydrogen atoms covalently bonded to one oxygen atom.  Looks like Mickey Mouse.

“Drink!” The glass was wet against his lips.

Surface tension is due to hydrogen bonding.

The water rushed into his throat and he coughed.

The esophagus, not the trachea, uses peristalsis for the passage of food.

“Charlie, listen to me.”

Sound is energy that moves through  matter  in waves of pressure, which act upon the human ear.

“I told him to go to Hell.  I would never leave you, Angel.”

An angel going to Hell is a theological contra—

“No?” Charlie gasped, pushing the glass away.  He grabbed for Colby’s shirt, hanging on and staring desperately into Colby’s face.  “No?”

“No,” Colby said firmly.  “I’m not leaving you.”

“Oh, good,” Charlie said, his voice wobbly.  “I made you cookies.”

Series this work belongs to: