Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Danny's World
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
12,104
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
7
Kudos:
42
Bookmarks:
9
Hits:
7,494

Danny's World_1

Summary:

Danny Messer's world is about to get turned up side down and he will meet someone that will change his life forever. And some one is trying to kill him.

I am currently working on the next part of this series. I am thinking it's going to be longer. Let me know what you think and any ideas on where this tale should go.

Sorry guys when I posted it took out all the spaces. I will fix it when I get the time to sit and go through it.   I have now fixed the space problem let me know if there are any problems.

Work Text:

Danny’s World

By Crow

my on-line shop: http://www.cafepress.com/1crowsdesigns

*****

Danny Messer can feel the eyes on his back as he walks to his door and unlocks it to get into his apartment building. He has felt like he was being watched for the last several days and he wasn’t sure what to do about it. As he walked up the stairs to his apartment, he thought about the last several days and tried to think of anything odd that had happened or if he could think of anyone who kept appearing were he went that he didn’t know. As he reached out to unlock his door, he noticed that the door was partly open and looked like it had been busted in. He pulled his berretta and nudged the door open a little more. He quickly checked behind the door for an attacker and then searched the rest of his now completely trashed apartment. Once he was sure the place was empty except for himself, he put his gun away, pulled out his cell, and called the police.

~~~~~~~~

As Danny waited outside of his apartment as two uniformed officers made their way down the hall to him he was surprised to see Don Flack, Mac Taylor and Stella Bonasara make their way down as well.

“Danny what happened?” Mac asked as the three friends stopped in front of the young man. The young CSI pointed the two uniforms into the apartment then turned back to his boss and friends.

“I got home to find my door kicked in and my place rearranged. I was waitin’ for a home makeover show but guess someone decided to do it now.”

The four coworkers walked into the apartment and looked around. The uniformed officers took a statement from Danny and then left after he said that nothing appeared to be missing.

Don was standing by a wall with a large painting of the Brooklyn Bridge. It had been slashed twice. “It looks like they didn’t like artwork. Man, that’s a shame. It probably cost you a bit.” Don said as he pushed the cut edges together.

“Nah, I’ll just paint another one. I just don’t get why anyone would break in and not steal anythin’ not that I have anythin’ worth stealin’ anyway.”

 Danny blushed as the other three looked at the painting and then at him in surprise.

“You painted that Danny?” Stella asked going over to take a closer look at the artwork. “It’s beautiful. I didn’t know you could paint.”

“I just putter around. It ain’t nothin’ special.” Danny was blushing furiously as he ran his hand through his already mussed hair and turned to find Mac looking at him funny as Don and Stella tried to push the cut edges together and study the art.

“Danny it’s one of the best paintings of the bridge I’ve ever seen.” Stella said and Don chipped in a “Hell yeah!”

~~~~~~~~

After the four of them had cleaned up the mess, they sat in the living room having drinks as they talked about the break-in. Mac studied the handsome young man across from him. He wanted to catch the bastards that had dared to break-in to his Danny’s place. *Wait, were did that come from? Danny didn’t belong to him. Danny wouldn’t want an old Marine like him anyway.* Mac hadn’t realized how much the young street rat had wormed his way into his heart until that moment. He found that he liked the idea even if he was sure that Danny would never return the feelings, as he was straight as far as Mac knew.

“Who would want to break in to your place Danny? Tanglewood?”

“Sonny is in jail Mac I don’t think any of them would do somethin’ without him.”  Danny looked at his hands in his lap as he thought about what he had felt the last several days. “I uh… I been haven’ the feelin’ the past couple days like someone was watching me though and I can’t shake it.”

“Have you seen anyone following you? Why didn’t you tell anyone before this?” Mac asked looking at the young CSI.

“No I haven’t seen anyone and I thought you guys would laugh at me. I thought it would be stupid or I was just imaginin’ it.” Danny couldn’t bring himself to look at the others as he spoke and just blushed as he finished and played with his fingers while he waited for them to respond.

“Danny we would never do any such thing or laugh at you for that kind of thing.” Stella said with a stern voice causing Danny to look up at her.

“Don, I want you to check out where the Tanglewood boys are and anyone else that might go after Danny. Danny you go pack a bag with enough cloths for at least a week. Stel call the rest of the team and let them know what’s going on and tell them to spread the word that everyone is to watch for people following or watching Danny.”

Mac stood up and took the cups to the kitchen and when he came back Don and Stella were on their cells but Danny was still in his chair looking at Mac confused. Mac looked at him and made a shooing motion towards the bedroom.

“Why do I have to pack cloths Mac?” Danny stood to face his boss.

“I don’t want you alone here. You are going to stay with me for a while. Till it’s safe for you to come back anyway.”  

 “I can take care of myself Mac.” Danny crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Mac.

“Nobody said you can’t but it pays to be cautious. I am your boss and it’s my job to look out for you. Now go pack.” Mac pointed to the bedroom and looked his sternest at the young blonde.

Danny looked for a moment as if he was going to argue but looking into Mac’s face then the faces of the others he realized that he would loose no matter what so he turned on his heel and stomped to his room. They could all hear him muttering loudly about control freaks and over protective bulldogs. It made them share a smile.

Stella finished on her cell and walked up to her oldest friend in the world. She looked Mac in the eyes. “Are you going to finally do the right thing with that boy Mac?” All she got was a confused raised eyebrow.

“Take the boy to bed already, Marine! Make sure he stays there where he belongs and nobody can hurt him.”

“Stella!” Mac looked over at Don who closed his cell and smirked at him. Stella knew he was bi but no one else did but the look Don gave him didn’t look surprised. ”Danny is straight.”

“No he ain’t. He’s been in love with you since he met you Mac.” Don said looking serious.

“How do you know that?”

“He’s my best friend. We talk. I want what’s best for him, that’s you.”

Mac stared at Don in surprise not sure how to respond to that. Just then, Danny came back into the room carrying a duffle bag.

~~~~~~~~

Mac unlocked his door and motioned Danny to go through. The younger man shyly ducked his head as he passed Mac. He stopped a few steps in as he waited for Mac to close the door, lock it, and set the alarm again. Mac had been quiet on the drive here, thinking over what Stella and Don had said. He turned to face the blonde and noticed the slightly nerves shifting from foot to foot. He thought back to all the times that they were alone and realized that Danny was always nerves when they were alone and tended to blush when Mac complemented him on something and he realized that Danny always acted differently around him then he did around anyone else. He decided that he would have to do something. If Don was right then something really great could begin here if he took a chance.

Mac moved till he was almost toe-to-toe with the younger man. He took the duffle and dropped it on the floor. He then placed a hand on Danny’s slender hip and pulled the boy so their bodies were pressed together. Danny’s eyes grew large with surprise but he didn’t pull away. Mac quickly swooped his head down and captured the sweet lips that he had long dreamed of tasting.

Danny couldn’t believe it. Mac, his straight as a nail boss was kissing him. Danny had dreamed of this but he never thought it would happen. He brought his hands up and wrapped his arms around the strong shoulders of the man he had loved forever determine to not miss a thing incase he was just dreaming. Mac swiped his tongue across the lips he held captive demanding entrance as the hand on Danny’s hip pulled him in tighter and the other moved to the back of the blonde’s neck keeping them fused together. Danny opened his lips and moaned as the intoxicating man holding him close plundered his mouth.

Danny lifted his arms as Mac released his lips and pulled off his t-shirt. Danny didn’t even remember his jacket being taken off and dropped on the floor. Mac wrapped his arms around the gorgeous young body again and hauled it against his again as he reclaimed the inflamed lips again. Mac began to move them towards the bedroom slowly walking Danny backwards. Once they were beside the bed, he pulled back a step and looked into the dazed, astonishingly blue eyes.

“Tell me now if you don’t want this Baby. If we go on, I won’t be able to stop. I’ve wanted you for so long.” 

“I don’t want to stop Mac. I want this. I want you. Please.” 

Danny lifted his lips asking to be kissed more. Who was Mac to refuse such an enticing offer? He recaptured Danny’s lips and moved his hands to unbuckle the belt around his soon to be lover’s hips. Mac moved his lips to the tender throat as he began to undo the button and zipper of Danny’s jeans. Danny moved his hands to unbutton Mac’s shirt but they were grabbed and placed firmly at his sides while the older man continued to divest him of his jeans.

“No, Baby.”

  Mac suckled and licked at his neck and then pushed the jeans down and Danny kicked off his shoes, socks and the jeans. He found himself being lowered to the bed and told to scoot back. As he did as he was told he watched as Mac removed his own cloths and then crawled onto the bed to cover the trembling body under him. Mac stroked and licked the firm muscled chest. Danny arched into the tender torture, his body shivering in need. He moaned and clasped his fingers in the other man’s short hair. Mac moved back up and took those tasty lips again, his hands finding every dip and curve of Danny’s body. All the younger man could do was claw at the firm muscled back of his captor. Mac pulled back and sucked in air looking down at his sweet angel. He was so achingly hard he knew he wouldn’t last long but he wanted to cum inside the beautiful body below him. Claim the boy as his from the inside out.

 “I want to be inside you Baby.”

“Oh God Mac. Please, yes. Now.”

Mac took some lube out of the drawer of the nightstand and popped the top. A thought came to him as he lubed his fingers.

“Have you done this before Honey?”

Danny drew his bottom in between his teeth and shook his head no. He was afraid Mac would stop but even more afraid of what could happen if he wasn’t honest. Mac gently kissed his lips again and whispered to him.

“I’ll be gentle. It will hurt a little at first but then it will feel so good after that. I have to stretch you first.”

He slowly inserted one finger into Danny’s hot channel and moved it around slowly relaxing the muscles to the entrance of his lover’s body. When it was loose enough, he added a second finger then another. Danny arched as the three fingers worked him open. He had never felt anything like the fullness he felt now and then he cried out as a jolt of white-hot pleasure shot through him. When he came down a little, he realized the fingers were gone. Suddenly something large and blunt was pressing into him and it burned. Danny hissed and tensed arching away and Mac stopped. He stroked the tense body and kissed Danny until he began to relax.

“Relax Baby. That’s it. It will feel so good after I’m in, I promise, but you can’t tense up. Just relax Honey.”

When he felt Danny relax, he quickly pushed the head of his cock through the muscle barrier. Danny hissed and cried out but Mac soothed him and kissed him stroking his body to relax him again. He stayed still until Danny nodded that he was all right. Then Mac slowly pushed more of himself in. Danny arched and moaned but Mac kept going until he was fully sheathed inside the heat of his lover.

“Oh, Mac!”

 Danny pressed his head back into the pillow and clutched Mac to him. So full, God!  He had never felt so full. He felt like his body was being split in two. He felt Mac kissing him and sucking his neck, he felt Mac stroking him and was soon lost in the sensation, the burning in his ass eased and he began to push down on the cock filling him wanting to feel it moving. Mac knew Danny was ready when he began pushing down on him so he slowly began thrusting in and out. He changed angles until Danny arched and gasped under him letting him know he’d found the pleasure gland.

 Mac angled so that he struck the gland on every thrust. Danny moaned and thrashed under Mac. He could feel the older man kissing his shoulder and then there was a pain in his shoulder that vanished as quickly as it appeared. Mac licked and lavished the bite he had put in the tender flesh. A hand firmly grasped his rigid cock and began to stroke it and rub a thumb over his cockhead. Danny shuddered under his older lover as the tingling feeling began in the pit of his stomach and grew. He clawed and clutched at Mac’s back as the feeling grew to the point were he felt that he would explode. Suddenly Mac whispered into his ear.

Cum for me Baby. I want to see you cum as I claim you, make you mine. Cum Beautiful.”

Danny felt his whole body tense up as he arched off the bed and shot cum all over their stomachs and Mac’s hand. Then as he came slowly back to earth, he felt Mac freeze over him and then thrust hard into him a few times and then a liquid heat filled him. Mac collapsed onto him and they laid there a few minutes gasping for breath holding each other tightly. Finally, Mac gently pulled out and stood pulling is lover with him to the bathroom. He got them both into the shower and washed. Twenty minutes later they lay in bed Danny already asleep curled up to Mac, his head on Mac’s chest and an arm and leg thrown over his ex-marine lover. Mac wrapped his arms tightly around his precious gift and thanked God for his blonde angel before he too succumbed to sleep’s pull.

~~~~~~~~

An envelope sat on Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs’s desk when he got back from his meeting with the director. His team all working on updating cold cases, as they didn’t have anything new to work on right now. They didn’t look up from their work as he walked to his chair and sat down. He looked at the bulky envelope and then up at his team.

“Were did this come from?”

Tony Dinozzo looked up at his boss and said that the mailroom sent it up and that it had been check and wasn’t dangerous. Gibbs looked from Dinozzo to Ziva David and then to Tim McGee, They all looked back at him expectantly so he began to open the package slowly. He tipped the contents onto his desk. A disk in a case with a letter tapped to it fell out as well as a clear bag with what appeared to be hairs in it. The hairs were short and a dark blonde. Gibbs took a pair of gloves from his desk and put them on. He removed the letter from the disk case and unfolded it.

By this time, the others had gathered around his desk and watched him read the letter. They saw his jaw muscles tighten and waited for him to speak. After reading it again, he read it aloud.

“It says, ‘This life depends on you Gibbs. Will you be able to save him?’”  

 He looked at his team and then gathered the items and headed for the elevator his team following. They heard the music coming from Abby Sciuto’s lab as they stepped from the elevator. They entered and Tony lowered the volume on the stereo as Gibbs dumped the items on her worktable. Abby looked at Gibbs, grinned and bounced on the balls of her booted feet.

“What fun do you have for me today, Bossman?”

“Someone sent these to me anonymously. There is a threat to someone and I need you to check for prints quick so we can look at the disk.”

Abby quickly pulled on some gloves, picked up the disk first, and checked for prints on the case and then the disk itself. Finding none, she told them so as she loaded the disk into her computer. She started the disk and turned the volume on the computer up

. An obviously altered voice filled the room as photos of a handsome young man with glasses and short dark blonde hair filled the large screen on the wall as well as Abby’s computers. All the photos were of the same young man obviously taken without his knowledge.

“Hello Gibbs. You don’t know this pretty young man yet but you will soon if you want to save his life. You lost your first wife along with your only daughter fifteen years ago. I wonder, will you be upset to loose a son you never knew existed till now? He doesn’t know about you either but he is your son and the hairs I included will prove it. Find him, protect him or I will kill him. His name is Danny, that and his hair is all I will give you besides the photos. Tic toc, the boy’s time is running out Gibbs.”

After that, a final photo froze on the screen and the sound stopped. The team looked at their boss in shock as he stared at the screen. He turned to Abby and then pointed to the hairs.

“Compare them Abs. See if he’s telling the truth. See if that man is my son. Tony get Ducky up here, David go tell the director that we have a case and what info we have so far. McGee go over the photos to see if there is anyway to find out where they were taken. Get on it people this man’s life depends on us.”

~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later, the team including Dr. Donald “Ducky” Mallard was still in the lab. Ducky and Abby working on comparing the DNA from the hairs to Gibbs’s, while Tony, Gibbs and Ziva looked at the photos on the large screen as Tim tried to figure out where they were taken on the computer beside the one Abby was working on. Abby called to Gibbs as Ducky looked at his old friend.

“If this really is hair from the boy Jethro then he is your son. The DNA is a match. You’re a father. The donor of the hair is definitely a male.”

  Just then, Tony stepped closer to the large screen.

 “Wait McGee. Go back to the last photo.”

Everyone turned to watch Tony as Tim did as he was asked and Tony pointed to the young man’s waist. “Zoom in on that shiny object there.”

 Again, Tim did as he was asked and Tony looked closer. Then he looked back at Gibbs and had a look of conviction on his face.

“He’s a cop Gibbs. That’s a badge, I’m positive. It’s gold so he’s a detective.”

McGee sorted through the photo’s quickly for a better shot of the badge and found one. He zoomed in on it and cleaned up the resolution and they were able to read it.

“New York. There is his badge number. Put that into a search of officers in New York Probie.”

Tony said turning towards the younger man. Everyone watched and waited as Tim typed. Gibbs could feel his shoulders tightening as he waited. *This boy is my son. I have a son! He’s a detective. My son, my son is a detective. I have a son. Someone is trying to kill him. I won’t let that happen!*  Gibbs felt a sense of pride well inside of him at the thought that he had a son that was a detective he itched to know all he could about the boy.

“I’ve found him! “

A profile appeared on the screen.

 “CSI detective Daniel Giovanni Messer. Detective grade one, New York City, New York. He’s thirty years old. I have his home and work addresses, Boss.”

“What is his mother’s maiden name McGee?”

“Capellio, Boss. Gineva Capellio.”

“Ginny.”

Everyone heard Gibbs mutter. Obviously, Gibbs remembered her.

“Get flight arrangements made Abs. We’re going to New York.”  

~~~~~~~~

Danny, Mac, Don, Stella and Sheldon Hawks were in Mac’s office talking about the case they had just solved when a receptionist knocked and popped her head into the office. Everyone turned to her to see what she needed.

“Detective Messer there are agents from NCIS here to see you.”

“Me? What would NCIS want with me?”

Danny looked at his friends in confusion. He let his eyes rest on his boss and lover Mac. Mac patted his shoulder and looked at the young woman at his door.

“Show them in please Jesse.”

 The woman nodded and went to get the agents.

“Do you want us to leave?”  Stella asked Danny.

“Stay please.” Danny said looking at his friends.

 They all nodded as the door opened again. All eyes were on the strangers as they entered the room. An older gentleman walked in with an air that reminded Danny fiercely of Mac, he’s defiantly the leader of his team. He had short graying hair and a fit build, was still very handsome, and had blue eyes very much like Danny’s own. Following him were two younger men one very handsome with green eyes and a lean fit build, the other the youngest of the team by appearances, was round faced and slightly nerves with blue eyes and a slightly receding hair line. The woman was exotic looking with long wavy black hair and black eyes and tanned skin. The three younger people took in the others in the room and then settled on looking at Danny with mild curiosity while the older man seemed to bore straight into Danny with his eyes as if searching his soul. The intensity of the stare caused the young blonde to shift nervously from foot to foot.

“Detective Messer. I’m Special Agent Jethro Gibbs, NCIS.  I’m here because there has been a threat made against your life.”

~~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes later, Mac and Stella quickly grabbed a stunned Danny’s arms to steady him after he began to sway in shock from the story the NCIS agents just told them. Don grabbed a chair a pushed it behind Danny as Mac and Stella helped the young man sit without falling. Sheldon went and grabbed a bottle of water from the break room and brought it back ordering Danny to drink. As the blonde took sips of the water his friends stood around him forming a loose guard, Mac squatted next to his lover with a hand on his trembling shoulder. All Mac wanted to do was gather him in his arms and protect him. Instead, he looked up at these people who had dropped a bomb of information on them and asked.

“Are you sure this threat is real? How do you know that the hairs are from Danny?”

“We won’t know for sure if the hairs were from Danny until we do a controlled test. I am willing to give you a DNA sample to test against. As far as the threat goes, I think it’s real. The person making it believes that Danny is my son and said that he will kill him.  I recognized Danny’s mother’s maiden name as a person from my past. It is possible that he could be my son. The timing would be about right if I remember correctly.”

“My apartment.” Danny whispered.

“What? What about your apartment?” Asked Gibbs squatting down in front of the shaken young man.

“My place was broken into a few days ago. They didn’t take anythin’ as far as I could tell. They made such a mess I wouldn’t notice a few hairs missin’ from my brush.”

  Mac rubbed Danny’s back in a soothing manner as he stood.

“We’ll figure this out Danny. Let’s go run the test and we can decide what to do about protecting you while we’re doing that.”

~~~~~~~~

Two hours later found the two teams seated in a conference room. The test was conclusive; Danny Messer is biologically Jethro Gibbs’s son.

Now both teams were trying to decide what to do to protect Danny and figure out who this attacker is. The young man was calmer now that he had some time to process all the information. They had been shown the things sent to Gibbs and Danny had told NCIS about how he’d been feeling watched which now they all knew for sure he had been. Danny had to admit to himself that he was very curious about this Gibbs. The man he had always thought was his father was not a nice man. He was abusive and mean and a mobster to the core. Danny now wondered what it would have been like growing up with Gibbs for a dad. If he would have been loved and felt safe. He didn’t think Gibbs would have been abusive like Louie Messer Sr, stern maybe but not abusive. Danny found himself having to fight not to ask the man a million questions.

~~~~~~~~

Three hours later, Danny found himself back at Mac’s place with Mac, Stella, Gibbs and Tony. They were eating take out from Stella’s favorite Chinese place.

“So…umm… do I have any siblings I don’t know about?” Danny asked as casually as he could manage.

Gibbs cleared his throat and looked intently at his takeout box.

“You had a sister. She died. Fifteen years ago. Her name was Kelly. She and her mother were murdered.”

Gibbs cleared his throat again and wouldn’t look at anyone.

Danny put his food down on the coffee table in front of his position on the floor, he pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them. He felt a sharp pain in his chest as a memory of his brother, Louie dying in the hospital came back to him.

“I’m sorry. I…I shouldn’ have asked. It’s no… not my business.”

Danny began rocking back and forth not even realizing he was doing it.

Mac and Stella exchanged a look of concern as Tony and Gibbs shared one of confusion and worry.

“You have every right to know Danny. I’ll tell you anything you want to know.” Gibbs said trying to sooth the young man.

Mac put his food down and leaned forward to rub Danny’s back from his position on the chair behind Danny.

“Danny’s big brother was killed recently. He was beaten to death, by mobsters; he was trying to protect Danny.” Mac said to ease the confusion in the two men.

Gibbs slid off the chair he was sitting on to kneel in front of his new son. He handed his food to Tony, and then grasped the boy’s arms at the wrists. He shook lightly to get Danny to look at him when that didn’t work he reached out one hand and lifted the boys chin so he had no choice but to look at him.

“Danny we have both lost and suffered for those loses. But now we have found each other and I for one am very happy about that. From what I have seen so far, I am very glad to call you my son. Even if the way we have been brought together sucks rocks.” Gibbs said using one of Abby’s favorite sayings in hopes of cheering up the younger man.

Danny gave a small snort of amusement and a small lopsided grin.

“Sucks rocks?”

“Abby.” Tony said ginning at the other man. “You’re gonna love her. She’s comin’ up in the morning with our M.E. Ducky.”

“Ducky? I can’t wait.” Danny said with a more lighthearted grin.

~~~~~~~~

Danny and Gibbs sat up well into the night getting to know each other better. Tony crashed in one guest bedroom and Stella in the other. Mac slept in his own room wishing that Danny was in bed with him but understanding his need to get to know Gibbs.

~~~~~~~~

T he next morning Mac came from his room to find the new father and son still sitting on the floor deep in conversation.

“Good morning you two.”

“Mornin’ Mac.” Danny said grinning at his lover.

“Good morning.” Said Gibbs stretching and standing up slowly.

“Coffee?” Mac asked Gibbs having noticed the day before that the man was rarely without the beverage.

“Yes please. I am way overdue a cup.” Gibbs said with a grin.

 He held his hand out to Danny, pleased when the younger man took it, and pulled him to his feet. They followed Mac into the kitchen and Mac began to make the coffee as Danny went to a cabinet and pulled out a box of tea and then five mugs as Mac also put a kettle of plain water on for him. The young blonde leaned against the counter with his arms crossed defensively over his chest and a determined look on his face. He looked at Mac and then over at Gibbs standing near the door.

“Gibbs?”

“Yes?”

“There’s something that I think you should know.” Danny said.

 Mac looked over at his lover with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes?” Gibbs said walking to the table and taking a seat.

“I’m… I’m gay. I am in love with Mac.” Danny pushed it out as fast as he could afraid he wouldn’t say it if he didn’t.

Gibbs raised an eyebrow and hid a smirk.

“So? I knew that with in the first few minutes of meeting you both.”

“So? You did?” Danny sputtered. Mac looked at Gibbs with amusement in his eyes.

“As long as he doesn’t do something to make me have to kick his ass, and you are happy, I’m happy for you.”

 He gave Mac a brief glare to let him know he was serious about the ass kicking part and then got up again and hugged his son with a grin on his face.

Danny looked at him in shock and asked in a small voice, “You’re really okay with having a gay son?”

“Danny I’m bi. I have been in a serious relationship with another man for the last eight months. I’m no hypocrite.”

“Really with who?”

“With me.” Came from the doorway, the three men turned to see Tony standing in the doorway with Stella.

~~~~~~~~

The five people stopped at a café near the CSI office and got coffee and some food. When they made it to the office, they found that the rest of the two teams were there including Abby and Ducky. Tim and Ziva had picked them up at the airport Tim of course had refused to let Ziva drive.

Abby squealed when Gibbs and the others entered the conference room and Danny found himself pounced on by the goth. She hugged him fiercely and Danny gave his father a confused look over her shoulder. Gibbs had an amused smirk on his face as he tried to peel the excited lab tech off his son.

“Come on Abs let the boy breath.”

She reluctantly loosened her grip and gave Danny a little room as the others looked on in amusement. Danny and his co-workers didn’t know what to make of the woman.

“I’m Abby. Welcome to the family Danny.”

Danny grinned at the spitfire bouncing in front of him and laughed as she grabbed him again for another quick hug.

“Thanks I guess.”

“Danny, Mac, Stella this is Abby Sciuto our lab tech and Doctor Donald Mallard our M.E.”

Ducky walked up to the young man and clasped his hand in both of his.

“It is a great pleasure to meet you young man.”

Danny blushed lightly at all the attention that was coming his way.

“It nice meetn’ you too Doctor.”

“Ducky please my dear boy.”

Just then, Jesse walked in holding an envelope. She looked at Mac as she spoke.

 “This just arrived for Agent Gibbs sir.”

~~~~~~~~

The two teams were gathered in a lab after having checked the envelope and it’s contents for fingerprints and trace and finding none they were reading the letter attached to a new cd case.

‘Are you enjoying getting to know your son Gibbs? Don’t get attached, I’ll be taking the beautiful boy away from you very soon.’

Danny wrapped his arms around himself as Mac loaded the cd into the computer and pictures of himself appeared from the day before Gibbs had arrived. Gibbs moved to Danny’s side and placed a firm hand on his shoulder looking the young blonde in the eyes.

“We are not going to let this son of a bitch come near you if we have anything to say in the matter.”

 He squeezed the shoulder in assurance of his words.

“How when we don’t even know who this guy is?” 

 Danny tightened his arms around himself and looked at his father and their friends.

We will find him. You don’t go anywhere alone till then Danny.” Mac said with a protective gleam in his eyes.

~~~~~~~~

Danny walked to his closet gathering more of his things to take to Macs’ since it appeared that he wouldn’t be leaving anytime soon. Don and Tony were in the living room waiting for him. Gibbs, Mac and the others were at the lab still trying to figure out who was sending the letters and taking the photos of Danny. Gibbs and Mac had almost come with Danny, Tony and Don but Danny had pointed out that they needed as many people as possible to figure this thing out.

He had really needed a little time away without the whole protective group hanging around making him feel smothered. Don and Tony had seemed to understand and after checking out the apartment had left him to pack alone. Danny gathered things he really wanted with him and dumped them in his beat-up old suitcase.

He had just picked up an old photo of him and Louie when they were kids when he heard a crash from the other room. Dropping the photo onto his bed, he ran into the living room to see what had happened.

 He skidded to a halt when he saw a huge man holding Tony by the throat against a wall with one hand, punching him with the other.

Don lay unconscious on the floor near the kitchen. A broken lamp lay on the floor near him.

Danny ran to Tony and the man and grabbed the large arm winding back to take another swing at his fathers’ lover. The man twisted his arm out of Danny’s grasp and backhanded him sending him flying to the floor.

He landed in a heap and looked up to see Tony sinking to the floor and the man turning towards him. The young CSI scooted back until he felt his back press up to the couch. The large man grinned and approached him reaching out for him.

 Danny kicked out at the stranger but found his ankle grabbed and felt himself dragged closer to the man who knelt to strattle his body. He tried to hit the man only to have his wrists firmly and quickly snatched up and pressed together in one large hand. The man used his other hand to pull a bit if rope out of his pocket and quickly bound Danny’s wrists so tightly that he thought his hands would fall off.

 Danny cursed and wiggled trying to get the man off him but the man was so much larger and heavier that he couldn’t budge him. His attacker just pulled a rag out of another pocket and used it to gag Danny’s mouth with and then got off his victim and sat on his legs instead and produced another bit of rope and tied the blondes’ legs at the ankles.

 He turned and looked the frightened boy in the eyes and said. “You are mine now Danny. You had better hope your new father and friends are as good at their jobs as they think they are, or they will never see you alive again. I am going to take you and put you in a hole that you will never see the outside of again. Poor pretty little boy, pray they can save you.”

 He then hauled the young man to stand and then bent and lifted the smaller body onto his shoulder. He turned and headed for the door not noticing Tony reaching out weakly for them unable to move much because of the pain shooting through his body. His arm dropped down when the man carried Danny out of the apartment and he slowly pulled his cell out of is pocket and hit the speed dial for Gibbs.

He heard his lovers’ voice coming from the phone as he lost hold of the phone and the darkness swallowed him up. 

 ~~~~~~~~

 Gibbs stood in the middle of the lab the others working away as he answered his ringing cell after seeing Tony’s name on the screen.

“Yea Dinozzo. Are you guys on the way back?”

There was no answer to his question except a clatter of the phone falling.

“Tony… Tony can you hear me?”

Everyone in the room lifted their heads and looked at him.

“Tony! Hold on we’re coming! Just hold on!”

Gibbs and Mac, Stella, McGee, and Ziva ran from the room heading for the exit at full speed.

 Sheldon, Abby and Ducky watched after them with worry on their faces but then continued to try and find something to identify the man they were looking for in the hopes of having something when the others returned. They silently said prayers for the three men needing help.

~~~~~~~~

 The five arrived to find a bloody and unconscious Tony and Don but no Danny. McGee and David searched the rest of the apartment as Mac knelt by Don and Gibbs by Tony and Stella called for ambulances.

“Tony.”

 Gibbs gently touched his battered lover’s face and then stroked his hair back off his face.

“Tony, please baby, wake up. Come on honey open your eyes.”

 Tony moaned and his eyelids fluttered. He tried to move and cried out as pain-radiated trough his body.

“No honey, don’t try to move. Help is on the way.”

 “Da…Danny… He too…took Danny. Tried to st…stop him.”

 Mac swiftly moved to Gibbs’ side after Stella moved to sit with Don. He leaned over the injured man and softly spoke to him.

“Who Tony? Did you get a look at the man?”

“He was huge. He had black hair and a scar…on his face. H…He was sooo fast. He told, told Danny he was going to…,” Tony winced in pain and moaned as he tried to catch his breath. He seemed to fade in and out, as he gripped his side and tried to curl in on himself.

“Please baby. What did he say? Please try.” Gibbs begged as his worry for his lover fought with his worry for his son.

 He rubbed his thumb over Tony’s hair trying to sooth the younger man.McGee and David came back in and watched as the two men sat next to their friend.

“He… said, ‘You are m…mine now Dan…Danny. You had better hope yo…your new fath…father and friends are as good at th…their jobs as they think they a…are, or they will never see you alive again. I am go…ing to take you and p…ut you in a hole that you will ne…never see the outside of again. Poor prêt…pretty little boy, pray they can sa…save you.’”

 Tony started coughing and groaning as he curled up more. Gibbs held his hand in one of his and tried to sooth him with the other rubbing circle lightly on his back. McGee had written down everything Tony had said on his notebook while his friend had croaked out the important words despite his pain.

 At times, the Italians’ voice was barely audible.

“H…He was sooo… fast. Don didn’t, didn’t see it coming. I tried to fight h…him, B…Boss. I tri…tried so hard.” He gasped out looking with pleading pain-filled eyes at his lover and Mac.

“I know baby. I know. Just rest.”

 Gibbs soothed his lover as they heard approaching footsteps.Mac leaned closer to the younger man.

 “We’ll find him Tony. You take it easy now and let the EMT’s help you. You did really good now rest.”

The two men stepped back along with Stella and the others as the EMT’s moved to the two injured men.

 Gibbs called Ducky and asked him to meet the ambulances at the hospital and stay with the two men and update them on their conditions. He told Ducky they would head back to the lab after collecting evidence and continue to try and find were this bastard had taken his son.

~~~~~~~~

Gibbs feared for both his son and his lover. Ducky had called about an hour ago saying that Don had a concussion and a cut above his hairline that required stitches and that Tony was in surgery.

 The young Italian had broken ribs, a concussion, bruised kidneys, internal bleeding, and sever swelling in his throat from being strangled. Now he was in surgery getting the bleeding stopped.Gibbs and the others were all worried that they would not be able to find the guy who had taken Danny before it was too late.

 Abby, McGee, and Stella were all on computers trying to match Tony’s description of his attacker to every database they could think of. Luckily, before he was rolled into surgery, Tony was able to give Ducky a more detailed description of the man they were after so they had that to work with.Mac, Gibbs and Ziva were sitting at a worktable trying to squeeze more info out of the evidence from the attack and the things sent by the bastard.

 Suddenly they were called over to the computers by Stella; they had a handful of possible matches for the others to see.

“Gibbs look at these and see if you know any of them.” Stella pointed to the large screen on the wall as McGee pulled the photos up.

       Eight photos were put up and Gibbs studied them closely. His eyes fell on the sixth person and he pointed to him.

 “Bring anything we have on him up. He looks really familiar.”

“His name is Corvin Nastlin. Gibbs he was in Special Ops. He was dishonorably discharged and sent to prison after killing a superior officer. He served ten years and has only been out for two months.” Abby said after some quick typing.

“I remember him, I put him away. He was a twisted son of a bitch. How could he be free now? He was sentenced to life?”

 Gibbs glared at McGee and the man looked at his screen and typed furiously.

 “He escaped Boss. He was on a prison work detail for prison out reach. God Boss, he killed his guard, brutally.”

Gibbs paled slightly looking at the photo.

“This asshole has my son! It’s him I know it!”  

  “How do you know for sure Gibbs?” Sheldon asked.

“His gut.” Ziva and McGee said together.

~~~~~~~~

Danny was afraid. He didn’t think that there was anyway he was going to be rescued from this nasty piece of shit.

 He was in the car for a long time before it finally stopped and his kidnapper pulled him out and carried him into a beat up old building. The man tossed him down on an old mattress in a cellar and then left the room and the young blonde heard the sound of a lock being slid into place.

 Danny could hear movement coming from upstairs as he laid on the old musty mattress. He tried to pull at his bindings but they had no give in them and he only managed to chafe his wrists and ankles. The young man managed to get himself sitting up against the wall that the mattress was pushed up against, had to catch his breath from struggling to sit as he breathed through his nose, and looked around his prison.

 As he looked around, he noticed that there were no windows in the room and since he knew the door was locked, there was no way to escape while his captor was not around if he managed to free himself.There was no furniture in the room except the ratty mattress. Nothing in the room, he could use to cut his bindings.

 He puffed out a breath through his nose as he forlornly stared at the door and tried to think of a way out of his predicament. He hoped that Don and Tony were okay. He prayed that Mac and the others knew what happened by now. He knew the longer he was missing before anyone found out what had happened the worse his chances of surviving were. He found himself whishing for Gibbs.

 He snorted to himself as he thought about the man who had turned his world upside down. Something about the man was comforting to the blonde. He felt it in his soul that Gibbs wouldn’t give up till he found Danny.

 Danny felt a connection with the man even though they had only known each other a very short time and he felt closer to the old marine than he had ever felt to the man that raised him. Danny wanted to get out of this and get to know his biological father better as well as his father’s lover.

 He wanted to show them his New York and maybe go to the carnival that was going on at the park near his apartment for the next week. He wanted to have a relationship with this man and he wanted to see if he could have a real father for once in his life. Not someone that beat him and verbally abused him he knew e wasn’t a child anymore and nothing could take away the hell of his childhood but maybe, just maybe, he could have someone to be proud of him and that he could talk too and teach him things.

 Gibbs had told him that he was building a boat in his cellar and that if Danny came down to visit him he would teach him how to do some things on the boat. He wanted to get the chance to learn to sand the wood so smooth that you couldn’t tell were one piece ended and another began.

 He wanted to have a Dad a real honest to god Dad.

 The blonde felt a sob rack him as the fear that he would never get the chance to know his father over came him in a moment of despair. As a few salty tears worked their way down his cheeks his mind moved to Mac and he felt another wave of despair shake him as he thought of his lover and how it had felt to have those strong arms wrapped around him for just a few short days till this mess started.

 They had just got together, DAMN IT! 

 Couldn’t he have just a little happiness in his life!

 He wanted so badly to feel Mac’s arms around him again, to feel the older man kissing him, marking his neck. To feel the man he loved moving inside of him and filling him with that liquid fire again as he came inside the younger man holding him tightly to his chest as they feel to sleep wrapped around each other oblivious to the world out side. He wanted to spend a lifetime with his lover. He wanted to grow old with him.

 He had hoped that maybe one day they could adopt a kid or two, or something, raise them together, and have a real family. He would love to see Mac with their children he just knew that the other man would make a great father.

 He sobbed to himself curling in on himself as he lowered his head to his knees, as he pulled them up to his chest, let the pain, and despair wash over him.He didn’t know how long he was curled up crying but when he had calmed and listened to his surroundings, he couldn’t hear any movement anymore. The upstairs was quiet and he didn’t know if it was night yet and if his captor had gone to sleep or something.

 He sat quietly for a while as he listened. When his hands and feet went to sleep, he tried to move them to work the blood back into them as much as his bindings allowed and had to hiss when they started to tingle and throb.

 Suddenly he heard a door open and close and footsteps coming from the floor above him and then the footsteps came down the stairs and came towards his prison. He tensed as the lock was slid back and the door opened and his captor stood in the doorway looking at him. The man approached him and towered over him as the smaller man tried not to shake in fear at the evil look on the scarred face.

 “Your new Daddy isn’t going to save you pretty little boy. You are going to die and he’s never going to find you.”

 He reached down and pulled the young man to his feet holding Danny in a painful grip by his arms. He then stooped down, threw the boy over his big broad shoulder, and carried him out of his prison and up the stairs, through the building and out side.

 Danny tried to struggle as he was carried over what appeared to be a field and the man just tightened his grip over the boy’s legs as he walked up to a large whole in the ground.

Once there he lowered the young blonde to the ground and laid him down prone on the dirt. Danny saw the whole with a metal bar grid covering it and tried to wiggle away from it. His tormenter just raised the cover and then turned and grabbed Danny’s bound ankles and pulled him back to the opening in the earth.Danny tried to fight as he was pulled over but he couldn’t fight the bigger stronger man while he was trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

 The next thing he knew he was falling and then crashed into the cold muddy bottom of the pit. He felt a sickening shift and heard a crack as he landed on his arms and then pain shot up his left arm and he lowered his head to the ground slowly as he whimpered in pain.

 He managed to turn himself over and scoot to the side and lean against the side of the pit. He took deep breathed through his nose and tried to block out the pain shooting up his arm as he looked above at the opening he had just been shoved through. His tormenter looked down at him with an evil smirk on his face.

“Enjoy your new home kid it’s were you’ll spend the rest of your life.”

Then the man closed the lid and Danny could hear a lock being attached. He heard the man walking away whistling to himself. Danny tucked his legs up to his chest being careful of his injured arm, it was cold in the pit and wet and he only had on a t-shirt and a pair of worn jeans.

~~~~~~~~

 Don had been released from the hospital with a mild concussion and had taken a cab back to the CSI lab refusing to go home and rest while his best friend was still missing. Ducky had stayed at the hospital with a still unconscious Tony.

 Now Don sat on a stool next to Abby, as the goth and the others tried to find were Nastlin had stashed the young CSI. They had found some history from the man here in New York. He had some family and officers had been sent out to talk with them and find out if Nastlin had been in contact with any of them.

Danny had been missing for almost twenty-four hours and his friends were not giving up on finding the young man. Mac was silent and intent on the information they had gathered. A snappish and severely nasty and aggressive Gibbs sat near him going over more information.

 The others tried not to agitate the two worried men any more than needed. They were all too afraid of the inevitable explosion that would occur if they didn’t find Danny soon.

Suddenly Abby jumped off her stool and pumped her fist into the air with a cry of “Yes! You can’t hide from me you son of a bitch!” 

 Everyone gathered around Don and Abby to see what she had found.

“Tell me you found were that asshole took my boy Abs.” Said Gibbs looking at the girl he thought of as a daughter.

“I found were that asshole took your boy Gibbs.” She said with a big grin on her face.

Then she leaped onto Gibbs and he wrapped his arms tightly around her before he pulled her off and turned her to face the computer and pointed to it.

“Where?”

“Nastlin was left a piece of land by his father. It’s about fifteen acres and it has an old house still on it. It’s about an hour and a half outside the city. Here, see?”

 She pulled up a map of the city and its surrounding areas and zoomed in on a patch of land. She printed out the map as Gibbs, McGee, Ziva, Stella, Mac and Don all clipped on their guns and prepared to leave. Mac got on his cell calling for back up and a K-9 unit just in case Danny was hidden on the property other than in the house. Sheldon and Abby were going to the hospital to sit with Tony so Ducky could go with a uniformed unit in case Danny needed medical help. Then the teams left to bring their missing boy home.

~~~~~~~~

 Danny was shivering in his pit trying to stay balled up as much as possible to conserve body heat.He could see that the sun was starting to come up as he looked up and was able to make out the edges of his new prison. He was so very cold and thirsty.

 His arm was aching to the point he had to clench his teeth. He tried to stay awake but he had been awake so long and he was so tired, cold, and wet. His eyes kept drifting close and he found himself thinking that if he just took a little nap he would feel so much better.

 However, he knew couldn’t sleep because of the cold, if he did then he could die.

 God he was hungry!

 He tried to move his legs to get the blood flowing again as he had done all night but they were so heavy and he was so weak.

 Maybe if he just took a tiny little nap? He thought as his eyelids shut against his will.

Then he shook himself and sucked in air through his nose as pain shot up his arm again.

 His body shivered almost convulsively as he curled in on himself trying not to think anymore of how cold, thirsty, hungry, and tired he was and how much his arm hurt and the fact that his hands and feet were numb. He let his mind wander to Mac and Gibbs and his friends instead.

~~~~~~~~

Gibbs stopped the car just within sight of the house were it was covered behind some bushes as he and Mac, McGee and Don waited for everyone else to get into position. They were watching for signs of life at the house as they waited.

 Mac had a pair of high-powered binoculars and looked at the house closely looking into the windows. He handed Gibbs the binoculars. 

“Far window on the north side.”

 Gibbs looked were he had indicated and could see a form moving around the room.

 “Well, someone is home.”

 He handed the binoculars back to McGee.

“It’s got to be Nastlin moving around. It’s too big to be Danny.”

 Mac said checking his gun. Don’s cell rang and he answered quickly.

 Then he said that everyone was in place Mac looked over at Gibbs who nodded and started the car. Mac looked back at Don and Don told the person on the line to go. In a blur of lights and sirens and dirt kicked up by spinning tires the cars all converged on the house. Everyone got out fast and swarmed on the house.

 Like a well-trained and comfortable team, they entered the house from both entrances as another group stayed outside covering the windows and exits. They found Nastlin in what appeared to be the living room. He pulled a gun and aimed it at Gibbs about to shoot when several shots rang in the air.

 The man crumbled to the ground and while the others covered him, Don approached and kicked the gun away from their dieing perp.Gibbs and Mac lowered and reholstered their guns and knelt by the dieing man. Gibbs grabbed the man by the shirt and pulled till their faces were only an inch apart.

“Where is my son you piece of shit!?”

 One of the officers came into the room and whispered into Don’s ear causing him to growl. The others looked at him and he looked at Mac and Gibbs.

“There’s no sign of Danny in the building except for a dirty old mattress in the cellar. There’s a lock on the door but the room is empty.”

“Where is my SON!?” Gibbs growled in a very low tone.

 Nastlin just coughed and laughed as his head lulled back and then his last breath escaped his body and Gibbs released his hold allowing the body to fall to the ground.

  “Get the dog and let’s get outside.” Mac said standing up. “He’s got to be here somewhere.”

~~~~~~~~ 

 They gathered outside Mac with a bag with one of Danny’s shirts in it. The dog handler walked the dog up to them and stopped in front of Mac; he took the bag from Mac and opened it sticking the dog’s nose into it. He then sealed the bag, let out some of the leash, and told the dog to seek.

 The dog began walking around fast nose pressed to the ground. He howled and ran towards the south side of the house and then towards a field. Gibbs and his team and Mac and his all followed closely all jogging to keep up with the dog. The animal led them a ways into the field and up to what appeared to be a well or something and Danny’s friends all gasped as the dog stopped by the pit and howled. The handler pulled the dog away giving it a treat.

 Mac and the others gathered around the pit. There was a metal grid over the pit. Gibbs pulled out a flashlight, knelt over the pit, and shined the light in to the enveloping darkness inside.

 There inside was his son curled into a tight ball.

 “He’s down there! Get a ladder and crowbar to open this!  Get Dr. Mallard up here and call an ambulance!”

 Mac and the other’s knelt around the pit. Stella pulled her cell and called for the ambulance as Don passed on Gibbs’s orders. Uniformed officers scrambled to help and get what was needed. This was one of their own in that dark pit!

A crowbar appeared out of nowhere, Mac took it as Gibbs, and the others called to Danny and tried to get him to answer. Mac broke the lock, and as several people shined lights into the whole, Don and McGee carefully lowered the ladder into the pit. Once the ladder was in place Gibbs scrambled down it followed by Mac.

~~~~~~~~

Danny thought he heard sounds but he was so tired and so very cold that he didn’t stir enough to look around or even open his eyes. Suddenly the sounds were so much closer and he swore he heard his name being called and the pain shot through him as someone moved him. He was being lifted to lean against something warm and sturdy and he snuggled closer to the warmth.  

~~~~~~~~

Gibbs got to the bottom of the ladder and knelt by his son calling his name. He touched the boy’s pale skin and was horrified at how cold it was. He gathered his son up and pulled him against his chest to help warm him a little.

 Danny let out a little whimper as he was moved but didn’t open his eyes. Danny snuggled closer to the warmth of his father’s body and Gibbs gently brushed the hair off his forehead and kissed it softly.

 Mac joined Gibbs and knelt by his lover pulling out a knife he cut Danny’s bindings and then removed the gag in his lover’s mouth.

 It shook Mac to his very core to see his beautiful, vibrant, hyperactive lover so pale and still and so very cold. He stood and called up the ladder to Stella.

“Stella, get Mallard down here and some blankets.”

 ~~~~~~~~

Ducky slowly made his way down the ladder and after safely reaching the bottom he knelt down by the poor young man. Mac went to stand by the ladder as McGee climbed half way down and then took Ducky’s black bag from Don and passed it to Mac who gave it to the older man.

 Tim then handed the blankets to him and then climbed back up to wait for the next orders.  Ducky quickly checked the young blonde over and finding that the boy’s left arm looked to be broken, he told Mac to call up for a splint. Once it was given to him he gently pulled out a needle and vile and filled the syringe with a pain reliever and cleaned a spot on the cold right arm and injected the drug. He then waited for it to kick in by double checking life signs and for other injuries. Once the drug had time to work he took the damaged limb in his hands and made sure it was straight then he strapped the splint on and made sure it was snug.

    Ducky then supervised as a backboard was lowered and the boy placed on it, strapped on, and raised out of the freezing pit. Once they were all out Ducky had an IV put in and even more blankets and hot packs wrapped around the CSI. Ducky said he would ride with the boy to the hospital and that one other person could as well looking between Gibbs and Mac.

 Mac looked at Gibbs and nodded to the ambulance. Gibbs nodded back and climbed in with his son and his friend. Mac looked around at the people around him and started giving out orders to secure the scene and once that was taken care of Mac his team and what was left of Gibbs team jumped in their cars and drove as quickly as possible to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~

 The hospital room was crowded with people as they waited for Danny to wake up. Mac, being Danny’s next of kin and executive of medical decisions had asked that Danny be put in the same room as Tony. That way Gibbs could sit with both his lover and his new son and the group of new friends could all be with the two injured men at once.

 Tony had been awake on and of since Danny had been brought in and had been grateful when the others had told him all that had happened that his lover had not had to face the loss of another child. The doctors had told them that Danny’s left arm was broken and that he was dehydrated and borderline hypothermic and that he had bruises and that his wrists and ankles were abraded and severely bruised from his bindings. However, he would make a full recovery.

 ~~~~~~~~

 Danny was warm, finally!

 He could here voices as he tried to open his eyes and see were he was. The first person he saw was Gibbs. He had turned his head to his left and there the man was sitting in one of the killer hospital chairs. The former Gunny was watching him and as he saw the bright blue eyes, so like his own, flutter open he stood and leaned over the side of the bed one hand brushing blonde hair from the boy’s forehead.

 “You with us Danny?” The older man said softly as his hand rested on top of the soft hair.

“Hey Dad.” Danny croaked out.

 Gibbs breath caught in his chest and the rest of the room fell silent. It was the first time that Danny had called him that and Gibbs would never admit it to anyone even under torture but it made his heart swell with pride that this precious boy felt comfortable enough to call him that. Especially after all the stuff that had happened to him for which Gibbs totally blamed himself.

“Hey Son. Here have some water.”

 Gibbs held the straw of the cup that Stella had handed him to his son’s lips as the young man drank his fill and then cleared his throat.

“How are you feeling?”

Danny looked around at his friends and smiled.

“I feel much better than I did. God it’s nice to be warm again.”

 Then a thought hit him and he looked worriedly at his father.

 “Is Tony okay?”

 Danny had been unable to see the other bed because Gibbs, Stella, and Ziva were standing in the way.

“I’m fine Danny.”

 Came the disembodied voice from Danny’s left.

 Gibbs and the others stepped back so the two men could see each other. Danny sighed in relief and smiled when the other man grinned at him.Relieved to find everyone all right, Danny aloud his eyes to find and rest on Mac locking eyes with his older lover Danny felt at peace for the first time in days.

 He then asked how the teams found him. They told him everything that had happened and he was saddened that the others had to worry like they had.

 He then asked how Nastlin had known that Danny was Gibbs son when neither of them had. They told him that they had found out that a friend of the man had helped get info, including DNA, on Gibbs.  And that that same man had worked in the lab of a hospital that Danny had been admitted to after an injury and that he had seen Danny’s records and recognized Danny’s mom’s maiden name as someone from Gibbs past. He had then compared their DNA and found out that they were father and son. Danny couldn’t believe it a fluke injury from a case and a murderer’s need for revenge had started all this.    

~~~~~~~~

 A few days later, both young Italians were released from the hospital, to Mac and Gibbs amusement, by an exhausted doctor.

 Danny and Tony had formed an unholy friendship during their recuperation. The two young men had teased and played pranks with the hospital staff taking the brunt of their stunts since neither man liked hospitals very much. The doctor and his staff couldn’t wait to get the two men out.

 Gibbs and Mac listened to the doctor as he said that Tony wasn’t to do any lifting, Danny was to be kept warm, and they were both to take all their meds as proscribed. Then they had a good laugh as they went to collect their wayward lovers to take them back to Mac’s apartment.

 The two men entered the room to see heir lovers in wheelchairs side by side whispering with matching mischievous looks and grins on their faces. Mac and Gibbs looked at each other with raised eyebrows and then looked back at the two young men.

“What ever you two are planning, forget it.” Gibbs said glaring at them both in mock anger. Mac taking a page from Gibbs’s book walked behind his lover and swatted both men on the back of their heads gently. Both winced and let out an exaggerated “Ow!”  causing the older men to laugh.

~~~~~~~~

 As the four men were driving towards Mac’s apartment Danny looked at his father shyly. Gibbs was sitting in the front passenger seat while Mac drove Danny sat behind Mac and Tony behind Gibbs.

“Dad?”

“Yeah Danny?”

 Gibbs turned to look at his son at the hesitant tremor in his voice. Danny blushed and looked down at his fidgeting hands and then looked up at his father again with determined eyes.

“How long can you guys hang around for?”

 Jethro could see the hopeful look in his son’s eyes and smiled gently at him.

 “I talked to our Director and got us two weeks off. The whole team has decided to spend it up here, that is if you all can stand to have us around that long.”

 Danny’s face lit up like a child seeing his first snowfall.

“Oh! Wow, can we go to the carnival near my apartment? I’d also really like to show you some of my favorite places,… if you want that is.”   Danny said trying to smother his excitement.

 After all, he doubted Gibbs and the others would want to spend all their precious days off with him. Maybe he could get a day or two and he should be grateful for that instead of demanding all their time.Gibbs and Tony exchanged looks at the doubtful and hesitant boy and Mac looked at his lover in the rearview mirror at the tone of his voice.

 “We can do what ever you want little one. I can’t wait to see your favorite places.” Gibbs said trying to catch his son’s eyes and show him that he meant it.

 Danny’s head rose and his eyes glowed with delight with only a little doubt clouding it.

“Really?”

“Yeah man, you can play tour guide for us and show us the insider sites.” Tony threw in to reassure the younger man.

  Danny’s smile seemed to light up the shaded interior of the car as they pulled up to the apartment building.

~~~~~~~~ 

 Two days later both teams were at the carnival near Danny’s apartment for it’s last night. Stella, Ziva and Abby went in one direction. Don, McGee, Hawks, and Ducky in another. Gibbs, Tony, Mac, and Danny went in yet another direction.  Danny and his new family went onto a few rides thanks to much begging and bullying from Danny and Tony. When they couldn’t get their lovers to get on another they started to hit the game booths.

 They came to a shooting game and Gibbs out shot everyone. He won two of the largest stuffies. As Mac, Danny and Tony stood back waiting for Gibbs to collect his prizes they were surprised to see him approach with a large bear with a heart in it’s paws and a big scruffy tiger. Gibbs handed the bear to Tony and kissed his lips gently and then he handed Danny the tiger.

 “He reminded me of you, kiddo.”

 Danny blushed as Mac hugged him to his side as Gibbs ruffled his hair.

“Thanks Dad, I love him. Never had anyone win me anything before.”

 Gibbs stepped close to his son cupping his face.

“I don’t think anyone’s really done anything they should have for you. Now that’s gonna change. You’ve got me, Mac, Tony, and the rest of our little family looking out for you now.” 

 Gibbs lifted Danny’s head a little when Danny blushed and tried to duck his head.

 “I love you son. There’s so much I can’t wait to show you when you come down to see me.”

“I… I love you too Dad.”

 Danny and Gibbs hugged quickly the tiger getting a little smushed in the middle. After that, touching moment, both cleared their throats and then Gibbs said.“Come on; let’s go have some more fun. We want to send this carnival out with a blast.”

 With that, Tony and Gibbs held hands and Mac wrapped his arm around Danny’s waist as they headed off to find some more games to play.

.The End.  

.    

Series this work belongs to: