Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
245
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,160

Ever After

Summary:

Life after John's accident.

Work Text:

With John sitting close to his side to get a good view of the Ancient device Rodney was working on, Rodney glanced down to see the look of awe and excitement on John's face. For a moment, time seemed to stand still. How many times before had John listened to him go on and on about something so far over his head he probably didn't understand much of it? How many times had John shared in his excitement of discovery over something new? There were so many times John had sat close to him, uncaring of how much Rodney might grumble or snap, uncaring of who might see or what they might say.

Sensing a movement nearby, Rodney looked up to find Radek watching them, something wet behind those glasses as he nervously pushed them up. Offering a wobbly smile, Radek nodded and went back to work.

Elizabeth had been right. There was still a lot of John in the man next to him and he'd been blind to not see that before. Leaning forward, he placed a kiss to John's temple, knowing he loved him no matter what happened.

John blinked and looked up at him in confusion for only a moment, hair spiked out at unimaginable angles as hazel eyes regarded Rodney. Then a dazzling smile slowly spread over John's face and something in Rodney's chest eased a bit.

The smile didn’t leave his face for the rest of the day.

---end