Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
551
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,212

Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps

Summary:

Perhaps Jazmin can convince Brainy to forgo his honeymoon. Perhaps not.

Work Text:

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps

 

 

 

“If she was smart, she’d give up right now,” Zoe said with an amused smirk.

 

“Mmm,” Monstress agreed, hiding her own merriment at the scene before them. “Jazmin’s smart, but not savvy, sister; otherwise she’d realize it’s a futile hope.”

 

“If she’d asked last week, perhaps…” Violet opined, hesitant as always to place blame, and preferring to avoid it where necessary. Especially when the blame was being laid at the feet of Kid Quantum or Cosmic Boy; it always reminded her of her own erstwhile stint as leader.

 

“Or next week,” Sensor said, considering, arms wrapped protectively around her middle. “It’s not like the refits on that part of the station couldn’t wait until they get back. Chuck and Gear can handle it for right now.” And keeping Brainy away from Lyle was a bad thing at the best of times. Now that things had finally died down in the wake of their return from being lost in the other galaxy…well, Brainy wasn’t going to let anything or anyone stand in his way. In the year apart, the absence had made Querl’s heart grow much fonder of his mate.

 

“Mm, but Jazmin doesn’t like anything being out of place,” Zoe rejoined as the aforementioned leader made impassioned pleas towards their resident Coluan. “She takes being leader very seriously.” To make up for being romantically involved with her co-leader, she didn’t say. None of them thought that either Kid Quantum or Cosmic wouldn’t do their best for the Legion, but try convincing her of that.

 

“If only she’d take Brainy’s threats to cut off the hot water to her quarters as seriously,” Jeka joked, smiling cautiously. She still wasn’t used to her new form, but was slowly becoming accustomed to its differences.

 

“You think it wouldn’t be so hard to understand, what with her and Cosmic Boy.” Monstress gave a girlish titter; her quarters were near enough to Rokk’s so that she felt the vibrations whenever they got particularly ‘frisky.’ Ah, young love…it was so nice to see it, especially in their troubled times.

 

“Kid Quantum should just realize that she’s not going to talk Brainy out of taking his honeymoon with Lyle,” Violet said, nervously biting on her lower lip as she watched the former two’s heated argument. “The longer she does, the more likely he is to add an extra week to it out of spite.” It wasn’t typically Brainy’s way to be vengeful, but ever since his ‘upgrade’ and subsequent beginning of a relationship with the more open and emotionally available Lyle, he’d…changed a bit, mostly for the better. He’d actually been the one to insist on a wedding ceremony, instead of just signing the forms and sending them off to the UP Hall of Records as most people did these days.

 

“Green Legion would stay away from his lab that long?” Shikari asked curiously, blinking wide eyes up at the taller woman. She was right to be surprised; Brainy and Lyle had had a wedding ceremony, but all told, from the beginning of the vows to the end of the cake, it had taken less than an hour.

 

Candi couldn’t help a snort, albeit a lady-like one as she watched Brainiac 5 say something cutting to Kid Quantum before finally storming off in an irate huff. “Perhaps not,” she said, voicing all their thoughts.