Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-03-07
Words:
1,854
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
1
Kudos:
27
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,292

Now or Never

Summary:

Permission to archive: yes
Fandom: House
Genre (general, hetero or slash): Slash
Pairing/Characters: House/Wilson
Rating: FRT (PG-13)
Summary: Wilson and House reconnect.
Warnings: Spoilers for Needle In A Haystack
Submitted through HouseMD_Slash

Chapter 1: Chapter 1 - Greg's POV

Chapter Text

Now or Never
by Paula K.
Homiless@yahoo.com
(Pt 1 - Greg's POV)

So he'd been avoiding me. Ever since he'd found me on the floor in a pool of my own vomit. Yes, he'd been around and maybe even available if I really needed to talk, but still… he was avoiding me. Or maybe it was my guilt eating away at whatever is left of me. Not that many would notice, but I don't deal well with hurting him.

I'm still in the damn chair – proving my point is a real pain in the ass – when I see him heading to his car. It's snowing and I pretend to be struggling. I'm used to pretending with Wilson. He hears me – I can tell from his posture the exact moment he does. I keep rolling; going so slow it's almost painful. From the corner of my eye I can see him sigh, put his things in his trunk and then slowly decide to make his way toward me.

"Hey!" I say, going for complete surprise as his hands find my chair and start to push.

"Like you didn't see me," he replies, sounding unaffected.

"Jig's up. You're right – I did see you." I pause, letting the snow fall over my face. "Nice night, huh?" I say with a grin, sounding as if I haven't a care in the world.

He's grimacing and I laugh out loud, knowing that even for me, I'm overdoing it.

"It's freezing out, so yeah, I'd say its lovely weather we're having."

"Gee, Jimmy. You really know how to ruin a mood," I say, going for crushed but really? I wind up sounding just like… me.

"I learned from the best," he says, and I know I've got work to do.

"You know, they're saying we're going to get snow all through the night. Maybe you should crash at my place. We'll get a pizza, watch some television…" I try, doubting the same-old same-old will work.

It doesn't.

"I have a lot of work to do or I would," he says, and it sounds like the biggest lie ever told.

We're at the car and I fumble with my keys.

"Well, thanks for the push," I tell him, giving him a sardonic smile, keeping the fact that I miss the hell out of him to myself.

"House…" he starts, but I manage to get the door open and maneuver the chair so I can hop out of the seat and into the car in a tricky and impressive move. He puts the chair in the backseat and then I purposely drop my keys in an artfully staged accident. Anything to bring him down to my level.

"You'll get laid," I say softly once he's looking at me with those pathetically brown, warm and delicious puppy dog eyes. Nothing like cutting to the chase. Then I immediately make a face because... ewww Chase.

Then I grin wickedly and shrug. "Sorry… just thinking of Chase after saying something as intimate as that makes me kinda feel icky inside."

I study his face, wondering if he gets that thing about me not kidding yet.

"House, I…."

"Is me wanting you enough?" I say finally, apparently on an honesty kick. Do I ever do anything small?

Those dark brown eyes seem to delve into me; searching. For the punch line? For the Vicodin?

"I don't know," is his answer.

"Too bad," I say, after a long, frustrated sigh. Rolling my eyes, I reach for what he thinks are the keys. But really? I'm going for his face. I shift uncomfortably for a second so I can turn in my seat, cup his cheeks in my hands and bring our mouths together. Kissing him makes me moan. Lucky for me, it makes him do the same.