Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-04-17
Words:
833
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,490

The Night Before He Lost It All

Summary:

Fandom: AtS season 5
Character: Spike
Genre: angst
Warnings/Ratings: PG13 for character death.
Summary: Mistress gave the title as the prompt. Here are the two drabbles that resulted.
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spike_Slash

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

 

 

The Night Before He Lost It All
by Lilithangel
http://www.livejournal.com/users/lilithbint




The night before he lost it all he stood in front of an audience and recited his poetry. He finally did something truly for himself. He was still a bloody awful poet but that night in front of that crowd it was his time, his moment.

The day he lost it all he saved a baby and then stood in an alleyway with insurmountable odds because it was the right thing to do.

He lost it all when he woke to find he was covered with the blood and dust of those who had become important to him, overwhelmed by the loud painful beat of his own heart.

He cursed the bastards that took away the one thing he was good at and left him alone in this fragile shell, and went looking for someone to end it properly.

* * * * *

The night before he lost it all was a night like any other. They argued and fought and words turned into blows the way he expected them to.

The night before he lost it all the blows turned into kisses and the kisses turned into sweat and pounding of a different kind.

The night before he lost it all the movement of bodies turned back to the kisses and the kisses turned to tears.

The night before he lost it all came to an end when he let the words slip out that turned the tears back into blows and left him staggering out of the tower of glass and evil.

The night before he lost it all he forgot for a moment that he was love's bitch.


END