Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Short fics in the Watson universe
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
246
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,076

Grandma

Summary:

Characters: Alan, Nena
Rating: G
Summary: Nena wonders about Grandma Alan.
Disclaimer: Not my characters, not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas, even if this drabble did have lousy timing for both of you. *hugs*
Submitted through http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SlashByTheNumb3rs_2

Work Text:

 

 

Grandma
by Irena Adler


"Grannpa Alan?" Nena asked from her spot at his side.

Alan lay down the book he was reading to her. "Yes, Nena?"

"Why no Grannma Alan?" she asked, turning her earnest face to look at him.

Alan sighed, the familiar gust of sorrow blowing across his heart. "Grandma isn't with us anymore."

"Oh," Nena nodded sadly. "Duvorced."

"No, no," Alan said. "Not divorced. She … went to heaven a couple of years ago."

"Went to heaven?" Nena asked. "She died and is angel now?"

"Yep," Alan said, feeling a tightness in his chest. "Your … Grandma Margaret is now an angel, and she watches over us."

"Grannma Margret." Nena repeated thoughtfully. "You gonna get a new Grannma?"

Alan cleared his throat and looked at Charlie who was sitting across the room, working on some paperwork. "I don't know, maybe."

"I find you a new Grannma, `kay?"

"Maybe so," Alan laughed then sobered. "What I do know is that Grandma Margaret would really have loved to meet you."

"If she's watching me, why she doesn't say `hi'?"

Alan swallowed hard before he could speak. "She says `hi' all the time. You just need to listen."

So it was, that when Charlie next looked up, he saw Alan and Nena sitting in silence. Nena was leaning forward on the couch, her eyes squeezed closed and a frown of concentration on her face. Alan was watching her, his face sad, and Charlie could have sworn that was a tear on his father's cheek.

Series this work belongs to: