Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
295
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,385

Ends

Summary:

Pairing: Danny/Stella
Summary: Stella leaves Danny.
Challenge: fanfic100
Prompt: 003. Ends
Rating: FRT
Beta: AlexT/Dom
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

Ends
by JE

He didn't understand it. Here he was, watching Stella pack with the intent to never return to this flat. At least not as his girlfriend, as the person holding his heart. He still loved her as much, if not more, as the first time they kissed, the first time they cuddled up on the couch together, the first time Stella agreed to go out with him.
He didn't understand and he wasn't sure he wanted to. He was afraid he had done something wrong, that he hadn't loved her enough. He was afraid that it wasn't anything he did, thus breaking his heart even more than Stella's departure already is. It's tearing at him, this silent end.

He watched her go to the door, unable to move from the spot he was rooted on, unable to hold her back and beg her to stay. He watched her drop the key to their flat in the glass bowl on the drawer next to the door before leaving. The tears that hadn't come while he watched her fall as soon as the door closes behind her, sounding like a gun shot cutting through the silence, his heart going with her. All he can do is sinking to the floor when his legs can't support him anymore and wonder how it came to this end, wonder how he was supposed to survive this pain of his heart being ripped out.

He wished Stella had screamed at him, ranted and raved, anything just so that he wouldn't be feeling so empty, so confused, so hollow, so broken and he knew that something in him had died the moment Stella walked out, never to return.

The End