Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
336
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,347

Nothing to Yawn At

Summary:

Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairing: FRT
Summary: browsing the lists I came across a challenge. Just for giggles, I zipped this off. Read if you want.
I don't know if anyone here has had an alphabet challenge... if you have had one recently... Oooops... sorry... but... if not... they're kind of fun.... The rules: I provide a list of 26 words (one word for every letter of the alphabet) that you MUST include in your fic. It's harder than it sounds....
Okay... well then... the words you need to use are: alabaster, belligerent, classical, dictatorship, emphatic, facet, gizmo, harebrained, impressed, justify, kick, laguid, malevolent, nonsense, orthodox, paradise, quintessential, refuse, scorched, tangled, unaware, valid, wager, (and for x i'll give you two options... use either one:) xenobiotic or xenocentric, yawn, zero.

Work Text:

Nothing to Yawn At
By PEJA

Alabaster. I swear to god his face went pure alabaster, then beet red, zero to sixty. Never in my life have I ever seen someone go so belligerent so freaking fast. One minute he was sweet and considerate, the next, the guy was world-title, classical pissed off. And its not like I was being dictatorship-like or anything. Just told him I wanted to kiss him blind. Would have thought he would be emphatic about the whole thing, but heck no, not him. The guy is nothing if not multi-faceted. You would have to have some sort of mind-reading gizmo to keep ahead of his rapid mood swings.

Oh sure, looking back, I guess it was a hare-brained idea from the get go. I mean really, telling him I loved him in front of the entire bull-pen...impressed he was not. Guess I can justify the kick in the pants he dealt me. Not a languid playful kick either. Oh hell no. He aimed with lethal force and laid one hell of a malevolent kick right to my ass. No nonsense in his methods there.

Then again, he's not the most orthodox of folks either, cuz once he calmed down, he cornered me against the desk and took me to freaking paradise by laying the most quintessential sent-from-the-angels kind of kisses on me. Who was I to refuse this sudden reversal? Especially when his lips on mine scorched me clear down to the toes.

Ever try to walk when your toes are tangled around your knees? That's what he does to me. Having him close, I'm completely zoned out. Unaware of anything but him.

So, do we have a valid chance for romance?

I'd wager the world on it.

Don't get me wrong, I've always and forever preferred female romance, but in his case I find I am most certainly xenocentric. Hey, he's nothing to yawn at, my bouncy little guppy, Sandburg.

Nope, not at all.

 

end

Sooooo, whatcha think??