Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,979
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,298

Jesse

Summary:

Brennan discusses his favorite subject: Jesse

Work Text:

Status: Complete

Archive: WWomb, Terri's site

Feedback: Yes

Email Address: ladybug74873@hotmail.com

Series/Sequel: Song Title Series

Disclaimers: They aren't mine. Marvel Studios and the people associated with them do. I just borrow them and return them.

Notes: This little fic was written before the Season 3 premiere where Adam disappeared and Emma died.

Notes 2: Jesse sang by Carly Simon is not mine and belongs to her.

 

Jesse...Carly Simon

 

I watch Jesse at his computers. He looks childlike but I know that is just what he wants the world to see. He is vulnerable and yet at the same time he has a hardness that even amazes me. Look at Hillview. I never knew that Jesse could take a place like that until he had saved me from death and myself. He didn't let it get to him. He took everything in stride even despite my repeated warnings to him. He never let others get to him. It was like he had hardened himself not through his powers but through his soul and emotions.

He's running his hand through his hair. He must be frustrated. He usually doesn't do that unless something is going wrong or not all there. I hear him sigh in frustration and resignation. Something must have him stumped. That's odd for Jesse. He is one of the most intelligent people I know. He knows more about computers, history, probably even life, books, movies or anything else you can come up with. The man amazes me. When we have debates and arguments over politics or even history he is insightful. He shows that there is not always one side to everything.
Shalimar comes to stand beside me and I smile down at her. She likes to Jesse watch too. She watches him for totally different reasons than I do. She watches him as a protector and big sister. She makes sure that he is okay and then goes about her way. Everything must be all right with her because she goes along her own way with a pat on my arm and a smile for Jesse. Jesse has turned in his chair to find the two people that make him happiest watching him. He smiles back at Shalimar and gives me that special smile he holds only for me. He holds out his hand in a gesture for me to approach him. I walk forward and take it. He brings it to his cheek and rubs my hand across his face. I see a happy smile on his face. My Jesse needs a break. I suggest a trip into town so that we both can get away for a few hours.

 

Jesse suggests the park and I agree. I get him to bring a few things along to keep him occupied. He agrees and goes to gather some things. While he is doing that I pack my art supplies and a lunch and dinner for us. I hope to keep him out of Sanctuary for the rest of the day. I go tell Adam we are headed out. I get just a nod from the older man and then I walk towards the holding area and comm Jesse to meet me there.

Before I know it Jesse is at my side ready to leave the confines of the mountain and ever day living as New Mutants. I glance at Jesse as I whisk us towards the park several miles from our mountain home. He is beautiful. The sun is glinting off his blonde hair making it even lighter that it is. He is smiling which makes his face brighter and younger. His head is back on the headrest, which exposes his neck to my look. My hungry look that is. I look for a secluded spot to turn off. That tantalizing neck has done something to my libido and me. I pull over when I find the spot. This makes Jesse look at me quizzically when he realizes I have stopped the car. I smile and reach for him. I pull my beloved into my lap the best that I can and kiss the stuffing out of him and while I am at it I mark that long column of a neck. Then I let Jesse ooze back into his seat and we are off for the park and a picnic. He cocks a shapely eyebrow at me that I just smile at and shrug my shoulders.

We arrive at the park a little before eleven o'clock so I suggest to Jesse that he take a walk or do one of the things he has brought with him and then we would eat around noon. He agreed and set about choosing something for himself. It didn't take long for Jesse to bring out the Gameboy. I sometimes regret buying that thing for him but in the end I am grateful for it during times of stress when he has nothing else to relieve it with. I bring out my art supplies in anticipation of drawing my favorite subject.

As I sit here watching Jesse I am amazed that he has grown so much in the last two years. He doesn't have that scared schoolboy look anymore nor does he let anyone run him over let alone me. But in all that is the childlike qualities and innocence that are one of the reasons I feel in love with him. I draw all that into my sketches of Jesse. I have tons of sketches of Jesse. I can't seem to get enough of him. He is finished with the game and is looking up at me. He is sitting at my feet. I look down and smile. I get the same smile in return. He suggests we go for a walk. I nod my agreement and get up giving him a hand to help him up from the ground. We walk hand in hand throughout the park enjoying the sunshine and the soft breezes. I pull Jesse close and wrap an arm around his waist to hold him closer to me. We get some looks but we don't mind. We know it will be hard for the both of us. But we have a great "family" at Sanctuary.

We make it back to our spot for lunch. Jesse sets out everything while I go back to the car for the cooler I had left in there earlier. I bring it back to the table, which Jesse has set up for us. I hand him a cold drink and we begin to eat all the great things that Shalimar had helped me pack. While doing this she hissed at me and told me there would be some kind of damage if Jesse didn't have a good day. She needn't worry. Jesse was having a good time. He was happily munching on his fried chicken and looking over the park. I watched some more as I sat and ate. His eyes were bright with the energy and delight that he was showing for this trip. Those blue eyes settled on me and I couldn't help it. I leaned over and kissed the end of that upturned nose. He wrinkled that nose cutely and I just laughed at him.

Jesse trots off to the swing set. I raise my eyebrow at that. Jesse doesn't seem like the swing type of guy. I sit down where I can observe and sketch him. He has his head down so that it looked like he was in thought. There was something about the way Jesse was holding himself. I could swear that his shoulders shook. I quickly got up to see if Jesse needed me. Instead of the crying that I would find, Jesse was laughing. It would seem that I had a bird land on my head and Jesse thought it funny. I frowned at him and went back to my position of watching my beloved.

I sketch Jesse to my heart's content. I briefly considered getting Jesse to pose nude for me when we get back to Sanctuary. Maybe. I look up and to my surprise Jesse is nowhere to be seen. I get a little worried until I hear his laughter. He is all right and I go back to what I am doing.

Jesse has joined me and has his head in my lap. He is tracing lazy circles on my pants leg. I smile down at him and go back to my book that I had picked up after tiring of my drawing.

"Brennan?"

"Yeah?"

"You ever think that we will be able to have this kind of peace all the time?"

I look at Jesse and put my book down. I sigh. I don't know what to tell him. It's hard to see someone that needs to have a little freedom so that he will not wilt and die. He is looking up at me with trust- filled blue eyes. I can't lie to him but I don't even know what the truth is sometimes. I look at the park for a moment and try to answer him.

"Sometimes, but Jesse if we didn't have the rescue and information gathering and the other things we would be bored and not challenged."

"You think, Brennan?"

"Yeah, Jesse. It's great trying to help other people. I suppose if I hadn't been in the situation I was in growing up I would have been a cop or firefighter."

"Really?" this said with childlike surprise.

That's my Jesse. Always taking everything with an interest of a child. I smile and nod my head at him. I wonder what he would have been and asked him that very question. Instead I get a frown and stormy clouds rolling across his face. I tried to get rid of those clouds and succeed in making Jesse happy for the rest of the afternoon. Jesse took a nap in my lap and I reveled in our closeness.

 

The sun was going down when I woke Jesse up from his nap. He frowned at me and I just had to kiss that upturned nose of his again. He wrinkles his nose and I laugh. I get up and pull him up with the hand he has offered me. I smile and wrap my arms around his waist. I go in for a kiss, which Jesse readily receives. The kiss lasts for a few moments until we need to breath. We return to Sanctuary and our family.

I look at Shalimar as we enter the day area. She has a happy smile on her face so I know I did well in keeping Jesse happy. We walk past her to the kitchen to put our picnic things away and then Jesse walks back to his computers. I have to chuckle at that. It is so like Jesse. Jesse doesn't like to just leave anything waiting. I go up to him and kiss the bent blonde head and leave him to his work.

Jesse is our most passionate person and not just in bed either. Well the others wouldn't know about that part. He is compassionate, sensitive, intelligent, caring and a myriad of other things I could think of. I watch him for a while longer before I go to help Shalimar with dinner.

Jesse turned and watched the two people who meant the most to him in his life. There was Brennan, his heart and Shalimar, his big sister sharing a laugh. He joined them. When he did Brennan slung an arm around his shoulders. He smiled and snuggled into the embrace.

Jesse was happy he had a home and a family that he loved.

The end.