Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 7 of Short Don/Will fics
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
320
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,279

Gun Range

Summary:

Pairing: Don/Will
Rating: PG, FRT
Summary: Don and Will have a contest.
Disclaimer: Not my characters, not my world, making no money.
Feedback: Yes, please! Feed the author!
A/N: Thanks to my betas.
Submitted through the SlashByTheNumb3rs_2 mailing list.

Work Text:

Gun Range
by Irena Adler

"Loser tops," Will said.

"Shouldn't that be `winner tops'?" Don smiled.

Will shrugged. "Whatever position you end up in, you'll still be the loser."

"Ooh," Don laughed. "You're so going down."

"Am I?" Will's eyes slid down to Don's crotch.

"Try to distract me all you want."

"Don't need to." Will's eyes danced behind his safety glasses. "Just offering a consolation prize."

Don rolled his eyes and slid on his safety gear. They stepped into their shooting slots.

Don took an extra moment to settle himself. He raised his gun and smoothly shot three times, placing the bullets in the chest of the silhouette. He switched his magazine and sent three more bullets to the distant target.

Hitting the button to retrieve the target, he rolled his head on his shoulders. It was nice to be shooting at something that wasn't moving and shooting back. He set down his gun then took the target sheet from the holder. Nice groupings. He stepped back from the barriers to find Will waiting for him.

They were the only shooters here, so Don pulled off his protection. He compared his target to Will's. Don's was good but ...

"Damn," Don said in admiration and Will laughed. At first glance, it looked like there were only two bullet holes in the target, but there were actually six - two groupings so tight that each almost looked like a single hole.

"I did mention that I was recommended for sniper training at Quantico?" Will grinned.

"Bastard," Don growled and stepped closer. "So is the loser topping?"

"I think the loser cleans both guns," Will said blithely. "Then buys supper at Antonelli's. Then the loser does whatever the hell I feel like."

Don's eyes lit up and he grinned. "You do realize I lost on purpose, right?"

Series this work belongs to: