Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2007-02-08
Words:
2,124
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
24
Hits:
2,113

Sins of a Father

Summary:

Judson discovers he has a son.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Part 1

Notes:

Author's note: I'm a long time reader, and a first time writer. Reviews and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Disclaimer: I don't own Adventure Inc. or any of it's characters.

Chapter Text

Sins of a Father
by Al (Al_2)

Chapter One

The morning sun beat down on the Vast Explorer as she was docked in her home port, Beau Harbor. Judson Cross stood on the deck with his morning coffee and looked out at the ocean. He had spent most of his life on the open seas, but looking out at the endless horizon never tired him. After a while he headed back inside and started breakfast. Mackenzie Previn walked into the kitchen.

"Hey. Breakfast smells great."

"Thanks. Have you seen Gabe?"

"I doubt we'll see him for awhile. You told him he could sleep in, and that usually means he might appear some time tonight if were lucky."

"Speak for yourself. I can rise at a normal hour if I want to." Gabriel Patterson muttered as he stumbled into the kitchen.

"Forget to turn off your alarm again?" Judson questioned with a smirk.

"Of course." Mac answered for Gabe.

The playful banter continued as the three friends ate breakfast. After breakfast, Gabe went to work on a part of the engine that needed some repair work, while Mac and Judson worked on some the cleaning that they had put off for way longer then they should have. Most of the cleaning was finished when Gabe walked out of the engine room covered with grease and oil spots. Judson and Mac couldn't help but laugh at the state of their friend.

"Laugh it up guys, but someone probably ought to tell you that you're covered in dust."

All three of them looked at each other and started to laugh.

"Can we grab some lunch in town? I'm starving."

"Yeah sure Mac, but let's get cleaned up first."

"Great. While we're in town I need to pick up a part for the engine."

The team ate lunch in town. Afterwards Gabe ordered the engine part he needed, and they headed for home. As they approached, they noticed a black car parked in front of the ship. Standing next to the car was a woman in her 30's and a rather large man in a business suit.

"When's the last time we did something illegal?" Judson whispered to his team.

"A month ago i think, but we were out of the country." Mac responded.

The two people noticed the three friends and approached them. "Are you Mr. Judson Cross?"

"Yes, that's me. Who want's to know?"

"I'm with social services, may I speak to you in private?"

"Ummm, sure. We can talk on my ship."

Judson led the way up the gang plank. He nodded at Gabe and Mac who headed down the hall to give them some privacy.

"Please have a seat. Can i get you anything to drink?" Judson asked playing the good host.

"No thank you. Mr. Cross I have some questions for you. Is it true that you had a relationship with a woman by the name of Susan Hillcrest eleven years ago?"

Judson's eyes flashed at the mention of his ex-girlfriend. "Yes that's true. What does that have to do with anything?"

"Is it also true that the two of you were 'intimate' during this relationship?"

"Ummmmm, I geuss so. Why are you asking me this?"

"Were you aware that Mrs. Hillcrest passed away last week due to a blood disease?"

"Susan's dead? Oh my god! Will you please tell me what's going on here?"

"Mr. Cross, I have here a copy of Mrs. Hillcrest's will."

"Why would I be in Susan's will? I haven't seen her since we broke up."

"Mr. Cross, are you aware of the fact that you have a son?"



end part 1
To be continued...