Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 3 of Colby's Past
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
309
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
2,732

Talking 2: A question a day

Summary:

Charlie asks Colby one personal question a day.

Work Text:

A question a day -

A question a day, Colby and Charlie agreed. One question and they could feel like they were making progress without forcing Colby to sit down and spill his entire life history. There were no restrictions on the question, but they both knew it would be more than "What's your favorite kind of ice cream?"

At first Charlie would put off asking, but it would spoil their night, not knowing. So Charlie began asking his question the first time he saw Colby that day. Every day then had a small piece of tension, a moment of fear - would this be the question that opened Pandora's Box? When it wasn't, they'd breathe a sigh of relief and the rest of the evening would be safe.

Monday:

"Where do your siblings live now?"

"Eve is married and lives in Idaho. Rebecca, married, Idaho. LeeAnn, single, Connecticut. Thomas, married, Las Vegas. Tansy, I guess you could say she's attached and travels. Mike, single, Wake Forest."

Tuesday:

"Have any nieces or nephews?"

"Six, so far. Eve has four boys and Rebecca has a boy and a girl."

Wednesday:

"Where did you go to college?"

"Penn State. Big wrestling school."

Thursday:

"When did you join the Army?"

"Third year of college. I decided to quit wrestling and needed a way to pay for school."

Friday:

"Where did you learn Spanish?"

"Started in high school and got a Minor in it at college. I used it in the Army a lot."

Saturday:

"When did you go into CID?"

"A year after I graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice, two years after I joined the Army."

Sunday:

"Where do your parents live?"

"My mom is still in Winchester. My dad is dead. He killed himself when I was fifteen. I was there."

And the box was opened.

Series this work belongs to: