Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
361
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
708

A Single Regret

Summary:

Owen and Tosh destroy their friendship

Work Text:

Toshiko & Owen . Post-het . No rating

The room stank of sex and bitterness. Great sex, the kind people bragged about to their friends after a few shots of tequila on a mates-only-night out. Nobody in that bed would be telling tales anytime soon.

Tosh sat up, pulling the covers with her leaving Owen naked, his moody expression said he didn't notice, or care. Shame was etched on her features, and something she had never seen before clouded his dark eyes as he watched her stand up.

"Well, at least now I understand what all the fuss is about now." Said Tosh bitingly, then immediately repentant she turned to leave he room, picking up her discarded clothes as she went and locking the bathroom door when she reached her haven.

Owen, misreading the situation, asked loudly, and rhetorically, "I'll call you a cab then?"

Silently tears trickled from the corners of her dark expressive eyes. She dropped the bundle of torn and crumpled clothes on the floor and moved towards the shower seeking its refreshing droplets and the fact it neatly blocked out the sound of Owen doing something in her bedroom. She reached for the lightly scented soap and scrubbed hard at her body wishing she couldn't still feel his hands gripping her hips as they exploded together. The aftermath was practically anti-climactic, she'd been lusting after him for years and he was a good friend.

Was. As in had been. Post tense. Dead. Dead friendship. The end of something precious, not the beginning. Anti-climactic.

When she immerged she was alone. No uncomfortable silences or nasty confrontations. Just a lonely woman in her lonely room with her lonely thoughts. It was only as she neatened her bed that she realised what that expression had been on Owen's face.

Regret.

Toshiko was so tired. She didn't even notice that her hands were shaking as they pulled the bed clothes up to her neck and tucked herself in. Her only comfort was the bitter sweet smell of Owen still on her pillow. She didn't even notice that it was wet from where her tears had soaked in.