Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
484
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,948

Shades of grey...hair

Summary:

Bad dreams. Questions. Sleep.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:



Title: Shades of grey...hair

Gibbs moved his hands to rest on Tony's belly, pulling him fractionally closer. Tony was sleeping restlessly, and he knew from experience that the sensation of his own body against the younger man's would usually soothe him into a deeper sleep in a short time. They had worked hard over the previous weeks and months, and, in a blissfully quiet period, cases were discussed. Gibbs knew several cases in particular had been hard on Tony.

Gibbs had almost been shot on Air Force One, actually shot by Ari, Tony had been held captive with a corpse and a near-corpse in a sewer and he had kissed a woman who was actually a guy. Kate had been kidnapped by Ari, almost the whole team had been held at gunpoint by the Mossad undercover agent. By the time Gibbs mind had recalled everything, Tony was moving more definitely, talking in his sleep, clearly reliving something. Gibbs had always been a heavy sleeper, not given to disrupted slumber, and Tony's frequent insomnia and nightmares were hard on his sleep pattern. But the compensations were more than enough...

`Shhh...its okay.' Gibbs soothed in a low whisper as Tony shuddered violently in his tight grip.

`...screwed up...boss...' Tony's whisper was full of the disappointment in himself he had later said he guessed Gibbs would be feeling at the time he was drugged and kidnapped. Gibbs had spent some considerable time reassuring Tony that he was mistaken, but as he listened he realized with sadness that Tony's mind was far from at rest on that particular point.

`No Tony, it's okay...wake up now! That's it. Come on!' Gibbs' voice was loud, Marine-commanding, cutting through Tony's panicked whisper.

`Wha...uh...Gibbs?' Tony blinked, swallowed, gasping for breath. `Sorry.'

Gibbs waited while, as always, Tony turned over, facing him, calming slowly. `S'okay.' He smiled and stroked his hand gently down Tony's warm back. `Okay now?'

Tony nodded tiredly, eyes narrowing. `When did your hair go grey?'

Gibbs chuckled. Tony's mind, even half-asleep, flitted from topic to topic with no apparent effort. `When I was about twenty-one. Happened real quick.'

Tony sighed, temporarily forgetting sleep. `Ducky said you used to dye it.'

Gibbs frowned. `You ever talk about anything other than me at your lunches?' He knew Tony and Kate, and sometimes Abby and McGee, met Ducky for lunch every month, sometimes more often.

`Nope.' Tony said, confirming Gibbs' suspicion.

`I like it grey. There's a ton of different shades of grey in there. It's...interesting.' Tony smiled sleepily.

Gibbs chuckled. `You're terrified of a single grey hair and you're... interested in mine?'

Tony nodded, yawning. `Uh huh...it suits you.'

Gibbs smiled, arms opening as Tony turned again, settling back into sleep. His voice was soft, and he was almost talking to himself as he muttered: `So do you Tony, so do you.'



End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.