Actions

Work Header

Put Up Or Shut Up Time

Summary:

Pairing: Tim/Kon
Summary: Dick is nosy; Tim wants him to shut up about his sex life. Also, he’s worried about Kon.

Work Text:

Put Up Or Shut Up Time

"So, when was the last time you got laid, exactly?" Dick asks, and Tim feels his brain break. "What in the world makes you think I have time to have sex?" he replies after a few moments of gape-jawed staring. Because really, no. He is not giving Dick an answer. This is the man who takes delight in other people making dirty jokes about his nickname. "When was it?" Dick asks, unrelenting as he stalks across his living room, jumps over the back of the couch and lands facing him. Then again, Tim had momentarily forgotten how persistent Dick can be when he wants something. Or when he's bored. They were supposed be watching Monty Python movies, eating really greasy cheesesteaks and generally relaxing after closing down a big drug-running case. Tim hadn't expected to be interrogated. But then, one never expected the Spanish Inquisition. "What makes you think I've had sex?" Tim has to ask, because really, no matter how much supposed 'shame' there was in a male admitting post-pubescent virginity, what did make Dick think that Tim had time for a social life? At school he was careful not to get close enough to his classmates so they'd notice anything off about him when he got no sleep because of a case or when he moved too carefully because of injuries incurred on patrol. At the Young Justice meetings he could be a bit more open, but he still wasn't entirely comfortable with the girls, for various reasons: Cassie was hooked on Kon and didn't like not getting things her way, Cissie had been pretty easy to talk to except for her thing against parents, but she'd just quit, and Secret had been crushing on him for a while and he didn't really know how to let her down gently. And when he wasn't at school or with YJ, Tim was making a token appearance at his house so Mrs. Mac wouldn't worry - not that she ever did - or on patrol, or training with Batgirl. Most of his free time was relegated to D&D games with his civilian friends or movie nights with Dick. He and Arianna had had problems even before she'd pounced him while wearing pink lingerie, mostly stemming from the lack of time they got to spend together. All of which boiled down to the fact that it was almost more trouble than it was worth to try and date, and the idea of no strings attached sex didn't really appeal to him. Dick shrugged. "I don't know for sure, but you use to have these really mellow moods sometimes, like the afterglow colors everything for the first few days afterward. But for the past few months, you've been pissy, tense, wound-up - pick an adjective, little bro. You obviously need to loosen up-" "And you being you, your first thought is that I need to get laid," Tim breaks in, trying to regain some control of the conversation. Not that he ever had any to begin with. Dick grins at him and waggles his eyebrows. "Exactly. So, give. When was the last time you got any?" Tim sighs and turns back to face the television. Not that he's actually watching the movie anymore... "You just said it yourself, Dick," he says, emphasizing the man's name with a snarl. "A few months." Back when Kon was still Kon. Tim finds himself exceedingly grateful that his...thing - it can't exactly be termed a relationship since they don't date, but it isn't just 'fuck buddies' since they really are...well, at least Tim really does care about Kon - with Kon hadn't been part of Match's briefing. Though he also keeps beating himself up over the fact that he hadn't figured out sooner that Match wasn't Kon. He'd thought it was just about Cissie quitting and then things degenerated from there, and while they had had sex to solve, or, rather, end, arguments, he'd just thought 'Kon' was too angry to feel like he could control his strength in such instances. Boy, had he been wrong. And even now that Match was gone and Kon was back, things...things weren't entirely cool between them. Tim wasn't sure exactly what Kon's relationship with Tana had been when she died, but losing her hadn't been easy for his...friend. They weren't exactly anything more at the moment. Dick's snort brings him out of his brooding silence just in time to hear the oh-so-appropriate dialogue of the movie: "Bring out your dead!" Tim wishes Dick's sense of curiosity were at least as dead as those bodies in the movie. "Yeah, that's what I said, little brother, but what do you say?" Dick demands. Tim sighs and presses his fingers to his closed eyelids until the black is replaced by white. Then he opens his eyes, looks at Dick's determined expression, and sighs again. "I say...it's none of your business." "Aw, c'mon! At least tell me who," Dick wheedles. It isn't whining, if only because Dick is not-so-silently laughing at him. If Tim puts him off for much longer, however, his petulance will start to show. Tim wants to keep putting Dick off, but mostly, he wants this conversation over with. Also? He really wants to quit putting off the inevitable knock-down, drag-out 'discussion' he and Kon desperately need to have. So he decides to bewilder one bird with the answer to two questions. "I need to call Kon," Tim says. And before Dick can ask him anything else, Tim has grabbed his backpack and is out the door, thankful that he never took off his shoes when he arrived. Also thankful that he never goes anywhere without his communicator. If he hurries to a rendezvous point, he's pretty sure he can get Kon to pick him up on their way to the weekly YJ meeting. That will net him at least an hour of uninterrupted talking time. Or uninterrupted making out time, which would be even more appreciated. Tim smirks, jogs down the stairs to the street, and fishes out his comm. The night is looking up.