Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
385
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,297

Catch Me Fall

Summary:

Tim doesn’t like not being in control. But he knows Kon will catch him if he falls.

Work Text:

Catch Me Fall

Tim Drake didn't like not being in control. "Whoo-hoo!" Kon shouted, and turned them into a fast-moving corkscrew dive, before finally pulling up just above the trees below them. He really didn't like it. Heart in his throat, Tim hung grimly on to his lunch as they twirled and twisted through the air like a kite's tail. Hello, Robin, a weirdly mechanical voice said in his head. It was almost Oracle-like in its precision. This is your common sense speaking. I would like to humbly put forth the opinion that this situation falls into the category of Bad Idea, right up there with dressing Batman in a pink tutu and calling the Joker a wimp. Therefore, I respectfully request that you never ever ever get yourself into this situation again, especially not by making yourself a willing participant and- what the hell do you think you're doing?!? Do you want to die before you actually get around to having sex with your boyfriend? You know, the one who's currently trying to get you killed by acting like a flying maniac? No, Tim didn't. He wanted to have fun. To let go, and just be free for one of the rare moments in his life when he could. Kon wouldn't let him fall. And even if by some chance encounter with a bad guy, he ended up falling...Kon would catch him. And then kiss away his worries. "You cool, Wonder Boy?" Kon asked him as they swooped even lower, bare inches over a rushing river. The spray off the rocks wet his face, chilling as the wind passed over his cheeks. "Yeah," Tim said, and grinned. His breath caught in his throat and he clung tighter to Kon's neck, legs tightening reflexively around Kon's waist as they rose up once more - straight up, in a reverse dive. Despite the influx of fear-induced adrenaline flooding his system, Tim was still high on the rush of the speed, and the height, and...the feeling of being in his best friend's arms, and he found himself unable to hold back his own exclamation of glee. He didn't like not being in control...but Kon was someone he could trust. And he made things fun.